Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shinykaylee
Aug 29, 2007
I can kill you with my mind
The running joke in our house is that Obi-Wan is a badass only when nobody's around to see it and is otherwise the most mediocre Jedi ever, so Hondo's jibe of "They're running away from KENOBI!" was a highlight of the entire episode.

I'm kind of thinking Obi-Wan's pursuit of Maul's going to be kind of like the "When They Were Brothers" arc from the old Clone Wars comics, with Maul in the Ventress role. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, especially Rush Clovis coming back, and Anakin having to protect him - which genius on the Council thought that was going to end any kind of well?

I'm also looking forward to seeing inside the Jedi apartments - we've seen a couple small sleeping chambers, but they've rendered the rest of the living areas this season and I kind of just want a dozen scenes of Anakin and Obi-Wan hanging out in their kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shinykaylee
Aug 29, 2007

Super Dude posted:

I always thought they just had a mess hall of sorts at the temple.

I think they have that, but other canon sources kind of describe the living areas as having kitchens, bathrooms, etc.

So. This new episode. I have given less than two shits about the whole Ahsoka/Lux thing, and I care just about as much about it now, but it was this weird Hunger Games fake sort of love triangle/square thing going on and I just don't know. I liked the other elements of the episode, I like the idea of Anakin being gung-ho to train the rebels (because irony, of course) and Obi-Wan going along to make sure nothing goes too horribly tits-up.

I'm interested to see how other people feel about it.

shinykaylee
Aug 29, 2007

Calliper posted:

It appears after this arc we have a few Padme episodes to look foward to.

There is an upside to this, at least for me: the return of Rush Clovis and the clip from the preview of Anakin absolutely losing his poo poo all over the drat place. I know it's not an overly popular opinion, but my favorite parts of this show are the "Anakin losing his poo poo" parts.

shinykaylee
Aug 29, 2007
Goddamn it, I don't want another loving droid episode. I liked the last one fine as a one-off, and the Youngling arc was saved by Hondo, but I am kind of tired of this kiddie stuff. I want the goddamn Anakin-Force-chokes-Rush-Clovis arc already. I love this show, but I'm getting bored. I guess it's par for the course - this happened last season too, and the third season. It starts off decently enough, gets boring, and ends so incredibly it makes me forget how dull the middle of the season was. Sigh. Just a couple more episodes, I keep telling myself, and I'll get to see more pre-Vader.

Also, I am disappointed that "A Sunny Day in the Void" does not seem to be a musical episode, despite kind of pretty much having the perfect title for a musical episode.

• Locked thread