Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Since WWE has like a billion shows now that involve fake manfighting and the old thread was out of date, here is a new one, that summarizes everything you should want to know about the shows!!!

WWE NXT
Airs: Everywhere but the United States.
Summary: Imagine being able to watch the future (and current) jobbers of the WWE duke it out, and actually be relevant. That's NXT. There is a lot of good talent here, and with more to come, I expect the quality to remain fairly high.

WWE Superstars
Airs: Outside of the US, on whatever TV channels you have. In the US, its whenever the gently caress WWE feels like uploading it to YouTube Hulu.
Summary: Imagine a show where jobbers duke it out with no storylines involved whatsoever. That's what Superstars is. Also its mostly recaps of RAW. Some Smackdown as well. But mostly RAW.

WWE Saturday Morning Slam
Airs: Every Saturday morning on the CW.
Summary: It's a show for kids. It contains some mid card stars. It also has some segments tailored to a younger audience obviously. It's rated G, so don't expect too much out of this.

WWE Main Event
Airs: Every Wednesday
Summary: It's like WWE Superstars, except with upper to main event level superstars competing. It's a show that started out strong, and it has title matches, but its nothing special!!

That E! Diva Show
Airs: Who the gently caress knows. Or cares.
Summary: I have no loving clue. I don't care and I'm not watching this. You should do the same.

Obviously if anyone has any suggestions for the OP, please PM me or yell at me in this thread right here!!!!

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
This week's Superstars features DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. KOFI KINGSTON.

WHO'S EXCITED?!

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I am very disappointed in the current NXT format not being on Hulu. All you get is the older competition/Superstars style shows. I want to see Kassius Ohno hit people, drat it.

On the plus side, I can watch a HHH vs Snitsky match anytime I want.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I saw a guy today wearing a NXT hat. Dude really loves his jobbers apparently

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Remember when Superstars was advertised as ANYBODY ANYTIME. The poster had Triple H, Rey, Morrison and Batista.

Then all they ever booked was like R-Truth vs Fat Hardy or Primo vs Tyson Kidd.

ONCE we got an Orton match.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Veg posted:

Remember when Superstars was advertised as ANYBODY ANYTIME. The poster had Triple H, Rey, Morrison and Batista.

Then all they ever booked was like R-Truth vs Fat Hardy or Primo vs Tyson Kidd.

Undertaker and Matt Hardy sports-entertained to a gently caress finish once.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

New NXT up on Hulu. Kind of a meh show. I'm really not into Mgilli..Mci...Hennig much unless he's working with Tyson Kidd and I can't decide if i like Steamboat or not. Kruger continues to do some good enough work and someone ripped Ryback's singlet causing him to yell "YOU RIPPED MY SINGLET!!!" which cracked me up for around 7 minutes.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Veg posted:

In its first month we got Cena vs DiBiase.

:negative:

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Cool NXT, I got to see Chris Hero.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
NXT September 26, 2012

McGillcutty vs. Dallas
Paige promo
RAW RECAP!!!
Jake Carter vs. Leo Kruger
Ryback vs. does it matter?
Richie Steamboat vs. Kassius Ohno

Loved Carter throwing the Vader-style punches in the corner and wish the announcers would have referenced it. Kruger's new character makes his in-ring performance a bit more interesting. Opener and main event were both worth watching, and I'm glad the Steamboat/Ohno rivalry is carrying on.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 27, 2012

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Holy poo poo, William Regal's son wants to be a Pro Wrestler. Dude's going to have the world on his shoulders if he goes for it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Although, to be fair, his dad is a fantastic trainer.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Holy poo poo, William Regal's son wants to be a Pro Wrestler. Dude's going to have the world on his shoulders if he goes for it.

I'll be more excited if his conjoined twin daughters escape their attic prison to take their aggressions out on the divas division.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

...not really. I mean, not as much as Cody and Dustin Rhodes or Ted Dibiase Jr. Or Richie Steamboat and Joe Hennig. Maybe more than Randy Orton had? But probably not.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Farewell, Racquel. She's exfoliating ugliness in a better place now, guys.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Glamorama26 posted:

New NXT up on Hulu.

Ohno/Steamboat video package
Michael McGillicutty vs Bo Dallas
Paige video package
Jake Carter vs Leo Kruger
The Ryback vs Aiden English & another jobber
Kassius Ohno vs Richie Steamboat (with J.R. on commentary!)

Thoughts
- Shaw/Bo was decent, but bland
- Carter/Kruger was fairly solid, mostly there as an exhibition for Kruger's creepy new gimmick
- The Ryback's match was like every other Ryback match. Only difference here was that one of the jobbers managed to rip his singlet.
- Ohno/Steamboat was a very solid main event to an otherwise 'meh' show. The finish was a bit surprising, but the ending leaves it open to continue the feud.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Farewell, Racquel. She's exfoliating ugliness in a better place now, guys.

Speaking of Divas, the reason Skylar Moon's profile has been removed and she's been absent from twitter and the like for a while is that she's in rehab.

http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/09/27/shaul-guerrero-asks-for-receives-wwe-release/

quote:

Further to the post earlier, we’ve received troubling word that Skyler/Buggy has, in fact, been checked into WWE sponsored rehab, which would explain her profile being gone from the NXT website and her absence from social media for the last month. It brings us no pleasure to report this news, but we hope she can deal with her issues. Her current status either in her rehab program or with the company at large remains unclear, but we wish her all the best at this time.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Well that double-sucks.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Suben posted:

Speaking of Divas, the reason Skylar Moon's profile has been removed and she's been absent from twitter and the like for a while is that she's in rehab.

http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/09/27/shaul-guerrero-asks-for-receives-wwe-release/

Wow what? Like I didn't really follow anything she did outside of WWE, but her character in that house show match looked interesting. I don't know if it's been mentioned what she's in there for, but it couldn't be something that bad for her to pass the drug/health test and then be sent to rehab, could it?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

...not really. I mean, not as much as Cody and Dustin Rhodes or Ted Dibiase Jr. Or Richie Steamboat and Joe Hennig. Maybe more than Randy Orton had? But probably not.

Randy's a good comparison. Cowboy Bob and Regal were(/are in Regal's case) both well known, but neither were big stars like the dads of the other guys you mentioned.

Did he specify which son? He has two or three I think.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Wow what? Like I didn't really follow anything she did outside of WWE, but her character in that house show match looked interesting. I don't know if it's been mentioned what she's in there for, but it couldn't be something that bad for her to pass the drug/health test and then be sent to rehab, could it?

People are pretty good at passing drug tests if they know about them in advance. There's ways around it. Also, for all we know, she could be an alcoholic and as long as she didn't show up tanked, no one would be the wiser.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Someone on another forum who's friends with her irl mentioned that she had been upset about leaving home and that literally nobody had heard from her for close to the last month (presumably because she's been in rehab) and that for the most part he'd only seen her get drunk a few times. That makes it sound more like she was just incredibly homesick which probably led to depression and drinking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I liked the part where she offered to lick everyone's faces. :(

Be a good buggy and nova all over us, please.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
When is Audrie going to be called up to fill KK's void?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Suben posted:

Someone on another forum who's friends with her irl mentioned that she had been upset about leaving home and that literally nobody had heard from her for close to the last month (presumably because she's been in rehab) and that for the most part he'd only seen her get drunk a few times. That makes it sound more like she was just incredibly homesick which probably led to depression and drinking.

drat. Well, hopefully she gets the help and/or time off she needs and gets back to the ring when she's ready.

Her character/style definitely has a lot of potential right out of the gate and Lord knows they're hurting for Divas lately.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Wojtek posted:

When is Audrie going to be called up to fill KK's void?

No, don't even freaking joke about this.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.tout.com/m/1o8rdv
There is Del Rey, I guess the rumors of her being a trainer were true

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I've seen rage over this but at least as a trainer I won't be driven insane by WWE misusing her.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Superstars September 28, 2012

Part 1 Heath Slater vs. Yoshi Tatsu, Ted DiBiase vs. Michael McGillicutty
Part 2 Eve vs. Layla
Part 3 Dolph vs. Kofi MCVII

Video quality is crap with some skips but it's all I found this morning. Looks like Superstars has moved to Friday for some unfathomable reason. DiBiase continues his worthless winning ways, there's a match with diva title implications on the D show, and Dolph and Kofi resume their best of 6,000 series.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
How is Ted vs. McGillicutty though? I think those two could have a good match (in theory).

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly, her being used as a trainer will get far more use out of her than how she would reasonably be used as a performer.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

How is Ted vs. McGillicutty though? I think those two could have a good match (in theory).

Can't be worse than McGreencurry vs Dallas from this week's NXT.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

njsykora posted:

Can't be worse than McGreencurry vs Dallas from this week's NXT.

I didn't hate that match. Dallas isn't amazing, but McGillicutty more than held his own.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Update on the former Buggy Nova:

Skyler Moon posted:

For all the rumors and speculations, I do not have a drug problem, I have an eating disorder. Thank you all for the love and support!! I will b back stronger then ever :) soon!!!!! I love you guys thanks for having my back. I’m not ashamed of my disease, i’m blessed to want to make myself better.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Watching Main Event right now live. The Miz and Cole on commentary is neat and I like the announcers talking in the ring to start the show.

I haven't watched a live-action show without HD in a long, long time, though, so this is jarring.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Is this Punk promo from the DVD? (I'm the only one watching this aren't I?)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Little Mac posted:

Is this Punk promo from the DVD? (I'm the only one watching this aren't I?)

There's a thread now for it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

WWE Main Event October 3, 2012

Punk vs. Sheamus
Kidd/Gabriel vs. Zack/Santino

NXT October 3, 2012

Part 1 Kassius Ohno promo, Steamboat vs. McIntyre, Big E. vs. Aiden English
Part 2 McGillicutty & Rollins promo, Kid & Gabriel promo, Ohno vs. Percy Watson
Part 3 Ascension vs. Kidd/Gabriel

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Buggy is a great gal and I hope she does well in her recovery. The WWE could use some more flare in their women's division.

Who's taking bets? I bet it will be 3 months before WWE Main Event turns back into a Superstars show with lower card guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Buggy is a great gal and I hope she does well in her recovery. The WWE could use some more flare in their women's division.

Who's taking bets? I bet it will be 3 months before WWE Main Event turns back into a Superstars show with lower card guys.

Really? You think it'll last as long as 3 months?

Also the NXT crowd popped huge for Drew, confirmation that the NXT crowd is freaking awesome.

• Locked thread