Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Just registered at the site for the horror contest. I'm looking forward to it, since I haven't done any short fiction in quite awhile, and curious to see what the prompts will be. Generally, I tend to stick to writing film scripts, which is a bit of a different beast from fiction, so it'll be nice to do something a little different for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Just registered. Been a while since I tried my hand at writing short stories, God knows the drinking that awaits me.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Just registered! I've written a couple of (not very good) short stories, and during the initial excitement when the whole erotic fiction thing kicked off on SA I wrote a few stories and put them up on Amazon (which still bring in a trickle of dollars), but I'd like to get back into writing so was planning on getting inspired for the Halloween writing thing.

Lintwhite
Oct 15, 2007

I just registered for the horror story contest!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Registered on Goonreads

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
All registered! I am excited for the contest.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Registered for the contest, will probably stay for whenever I finish what I'm working on

someday

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:
drat, look at Goonreads go. Good work on this one, Des :) Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

workingdogv1 posted:

drat, look at Goonreads go. Good work on this one, Des :) Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Thanks! It wouldn't hurt to have another twitter person or even mod who could help edit stuff/approve books. Just email me if that's something you're interested in.

I'm excited to read the short stories this fall and wish I could write. Now I'm thinking that if this contest goes well, another person could administrate a future contest and I could write too :colbert:

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Desmond posted:

Thanks! It wouldn't hurt to have another twitter person or even mod who could help edit stuff/approve books. Just email me if that's something you're interested in.

I'm excited to read the short stories this fall and wish I could write. Now I'm thinking that if this contest goes well, another person could administrate a future contest and I could write too :colbert:

In advance, I'd love to do that. :)

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Just joined up to try the short horror story competition, looking forward to it!

Anais Nun
Apr 21, 2010
I'll put my name down provisionally.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
The contest looks fun. Registered.

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.
This should be a fairly entertaining contest. I've signed up on Goonreads.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Registered, on the off chance I actually have time to write next month.

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Registered for the horror contest on Goonreads. Was an aspiring writer, got sidetracked in various ways, including years-long writer's block. Hoping this will kickstart my creative energies again!

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I`ve signed up for Goonreads because of the writing contest. This cheap recuitment ploy is working ! :argh:

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
I have registered because I am a good person.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Registered so that I may share and read awesome Goonbooks :toot:

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

Wounds are always fresh and so the scabs are never dry
Gutter is the place in which we choose to live our lives
Square inside a circle is the symbol in my eye
Home is where the gutter is and this is where I'll die
Just registered. I haven't sat down and tried to write words for about six months. A goony writing game seems like a good place to start :monocle:

Arnm616
Dec 4, 2004
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Registered, been a while since I've written anything for fun so I hope this horror contest can kick-start my writing again.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I registered on the site, I think, not sure if I've done it right because everywhere still tells me I need to register, but it says I'm logged in. It does say I have to post here so I'm posting.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I registered, so now I just need to figure out how to write horror before the contest starts.

My inner editor noticed that the contest rules say: "You should try to be as create as possible ...." Typos :argh:

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Reason posted:

I registered on the site, I think, not sure if I've done it right because everywhere still tells me I need to register, but it says I'm logged in. It does say I have to post here so I'm posting.

Registration is a manual process. Once you sign up, an email comes to goonreads, and then we check your SA name. Then we check in here to see if you've confirmed. If these two things add up, we up you to contributor. Until then, you cannot post books, see forms, vote on anything, or participate in contests. Anyway, because it's manual and I'm usually the only one doing it, it takes a while, especially if it's at night and I'm asleep! This is all in the OP's links to FAQs and registration forms, but I guess is easy to overlook.

Jenny of Oldstones fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 13, 2013

Danger408
Mar 18, 2009
I just registered, and am definitely looking forward to the Halloween contest.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Just registered under the same name that I have here.

Dumb question removed.

Also, can't wait for the Halloween contest!

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 13, 2013

TheCamper
Nov 9, 2005

BIG, RED AND OFFENSIVE
Posting to complete registration.

The upcoming writing contest is what's pulling me in. I've participated in a couple of CC's fiction contests, and they were quite fun. I've never written horror, so this one sounds interesting.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Posting to confirm how badly I want to sink my teeth into those horror prompts. Also, terrible jokes. Horrible, too.

My three bottles of plum wine will come in handy.

Ravioli Khameni
Apr 4, 2009
Posting this to complete the registration process. Da horror. Da horror.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Just registered for the horror contest too.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Registered, looking forward to writing a spooky spooky story. :drac:

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Just registered. Looking forward to entering in the contest!

Vonkrieger
May 14, 2009
Nap Ghost
Registered on Goon Reads, looking to submit my two amazon kindle novels.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
I registered some time ago and I just remembered about it :ohdear:

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Registered for the horror short contest but I guess I didn't finish the reg so here I am now.

Delilah Fawkes
Jan 6, 2012

*Utterly Shameless*
YO DAWG!

I heard you like reading, so I goonread your goon reads (and also registered.) Thanks for holding this horror contest! :) I'm really excited to see what everyone comes up with.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

ive started to get back into writing stories of late, so I also joined to compete. I have a few writing contest awards under my belt, so this should be fun.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
I registered at goonreads about a week ago, don't think I posted in the thread, though.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
Registered for the horror story contest. Time to dust off the creative part of my brain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
Registered, hoping to give the horror contest a shot.

• Locked thread