Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I like this idea. I may even one day try to participate (but likely not, because I suck).

I'm not really the type to do this kind of thing, but I felt the question is probably good one for you to cover for anyone else who may actually think it's a good idea:

I have a family member that writes books. Do the site rules explicitly or implicitly state that the content must be something you've made yourself? Suppose for a moment that I wanted to share said family member's published works through Goonreads. What would be your stance on this particular question?

Again, I don't think I'd really ever do such a thing, because they're quite capable of sharing/promoting their own work without my assistance. However, I do imagine that you're going to run into some people wanting to do this, so I'd be interested to know what your thoughts are. I find SA to be a very worthwhile community, so the only time I would ever consider this is if I felt there was a real audience that would want to see their books. I don't imagine many people have a problem with someone sharing something they didn't make, so long as that something doesn't suck, but this is a Goonsite so it's always best to find out for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread