Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I think the last one I saw was the garbageman one. I just sort of got bored of it. Did it get a bump in quality at some point after?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Thanks for advertising the new season of TMNT, Nick!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Didn't really finish the episode, when they got to the bugman I just skipped ahead to see the ending. I think I'll just ignore this until they get back to NYC, which apparently will be near the end of the season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, season 4 started?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yup, today. If you follow their social media I think they did two or maybe even three posts about it. Honeycutt immediately time travels the turtle six months before all the cool stuff happened, so they gotta go through space and beat the Triceratrons to three pieces of the black hole generator so they can't use it in the future/present.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Going to space for a season will be fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
New opening credits! Neat!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Mona Lisa is not a character I expected to see again.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Keith David and Zelda Williams too.

This season isn't really doing it for me so far; it feels like something I'd rather marathon instead of seeing "planet of the week" every week.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Chris Bradford had his own version of Chuck Norris' Karate Kommandos. "You have man-breath"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hearing Keith David (as Keith David) and Kuvira voice salamanders was a strange kind of weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rad Brad!

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Great casting for Armaggon and such a cool design. I hope they make a kickass toy for that thing, kid me would have loved a shark man that wears roboshark spaceship armor.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I don't remember him from the older cartoons. Is he the shark that bit of Leo's arm in the comics?

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

I don't remember him from the older cartoons. Is he the shark that bit of Leo's arm in the comics?

Apparently he was in some of the older comics/toy lines and TMNT Tournament Fighters game. Well, a shark with that name, pretty sure this bounty hunter space shark is a new take on it.

There is a hammerhead shark in the new comics named Bludgeon.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah he was a character from the Archie TMNT comics, an evil cyborg shark from the future.

Also one time Shredder (kinda) was a shark.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Well. That episode of Star Trek sure took a hard left.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neon Knight posted:

Great casting for Armaggon and such a cool design.

Ron Perlman! :woop:
The casting for the whole episode was top notch, what with Peter Stormare and David Tennant also playing recurring characters.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just noticed the skull on Savage Mikey's head is from a Krang. That's pretty hardcore.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NlDlhLJdmc

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

"We're going to do Turtles Forever, and do it RIGHT this time!"

I Liked turtles forever but that's what this really feels like tbh

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I have to agree, at this point I'd like for the show to acknowledge the 2k3 versions as much as they do the 80's ones

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

kefkafloyd posted:

"We're going to do Turtles Forever, and do it RIGHT this time!"

I Liked turtles forever but that's what this really feels like tbh

This time we won't Fu it up.

I agree, I liked Turtles Forever, especially how it acknowledged EVERY incarnation of the turtles, even the japanese one where Shredder and his henchmen powered up into DBZ-villains. I wonder if they'll reference that episode where they investigated all those Krang portals and found the one that lead to the 80's Turtles dimension.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The last episode I saw was the one with the mindinvading squirrels or whatever they were, did the show get more interesting since then?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

evilmiera posted:

The last episode I saw was the one with the mindinvading squirrels or whatever they were, did the show get more interesting since then?

Dream Beavers? if so, nah, not really. There are two or three really neat episodes, some taking place in the past where the turtles got to see Shredder and Splinter before poo poo hit the fan between them and the season finale, and the episode leading to it, with the Triceratons were good. Season 4 is mostly space adventures that I tapped out on.

I really like the 80's turtles' models, Felipe Smith did an awesome job with their design.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Look out for that crazy electric seaweed!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I missed the first 5-8 minutes of it, but I enjoyed that episode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It was an okay episode, but if they were gonna go through the trouble of making a crossover and not have it be part of the season's arc then it might as well have been something bigger. Kinda kept thinking "Turtles Forever was better..." and hoped they'd at least reference it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

At least the 87 Turtles were competent in this one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Outside of Donatello they kinda felt less competent than in Turtles Forever.

I feel like this show loves Donatello too much, though I might just be salty that in this show Donatello gets more interactions with Casey than Raph, and that the group's friendship with April is almost always downplayed for Donnie's creepy crush.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
In the first cartoon, Donatello was almost always the one who did the thing that actually mattered and saved the day. So if they did that, they're just being accurate.

In this current show Donatello is voiced by the most veteran voice actor of the 4, maybe that has something to do with it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The dumbest thing about this episode was how they tried to establish that 80's Kraang was one of the Kraang from the current show and he got exiled or something, which doesn't line up with either series whatsoever.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I dug the simplified animation on the Mirage TMNT, and I'm pleasantly surprised we didn't get at least a little bit of a voiceover. Helped sell the non-animated feel of TMNT Prime and reminded me a lot of the short-lived The Maxx series.

TFRazorsaw posted:

The dumbest thing about this episode was how they tried to establish that 80's Kraang was one of the Kraang from the current show and he got exiled or something, which doesn't line up with either series whatsoever.

Has this show already referenced Ch'rell? It seems like this would have been a good opportunity.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The only thing the new series has done to recognize the 4Kids series is to use Hun, and by "use Hun", I mean "introduce Hun and have him be nothing like Hun beyond being in the Purple dragons whatsoever"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Introduce is a strong word for a character that's been shown for less than three episodes.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't they bring in Bishop as well?

Technically Hun made it into Mirage and IDW before 2k12, I think. And IDW has apparently now brought up Ch'rell

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I don't even care that it doesn't make sense, I love that '87 Krang got banished from the 2012 dimension for blowing things up like a moron. Weird not seeing Shredder around but hopefully he'll show up next time.

Best part was how everyone followed '87 Leonardo without question, because he leads!

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

TheFattestPat posted:

Weird not seeing Shredder around but hopefully he'll show up next time.

Uh pretty sure there was a good reason for that dude.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Outside of Donatello they kinda felt less competent than in Turtles Forever.

I feel like this show loves Donatello too much, though I might just be salty that in this show Donatello gets more interactions with Casey than Raph, and that the group's friendship with April is almost always downplayed for Donnie's creepy crush.

I dunno, I felt Turtles Forever was kinda meanhearted about the 80s turtles, like they were wussy or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Mooseontheloose posted:

I dunno, I felt Turtles Forever was kinda meanhearted about the 80s turtles, like they were wussy or something.

And their Shredder super insane-badass. Oh lord they should've used 2k's Shredder, too.

• Locked thread