Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rudoku posted:

And their Shredder super insane-badass. Oh lord they should've used 2k's Shredder, too.

Forever did use the 2k3 Shredder? He was the main villain of the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Light Gun Man posted:

Forever did use the 2k3 Shredder? He was the main villain of the thing.

I meant this episode. So the Kraang can call him the homicidal maniac of their group.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I respect 2K3 and 2012's Shredders equally on the basis of them both deciding that they're cool with getting the whole human race/multiverse destroyed forever, themselves included, just to kill Hamato Yoshi/The Turtles.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rudoku posted:

I meant this episode. So the Kraang can call him the homicidal maniac of their group.

Oh OK, I read that wrong.

Yeah unfortunately the current Nick TMNT powers that be seem to barely acknowledge the 2k3 show. I think they put some of it up on itunes and that's about it.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I respect 2K3 and 2012's Shredders equally on the basis of them both deciding that they're cool with getting the whole human race/multiverse destroyed forever, themselves included, just to kill Hamato Yoshi/The Turtles.

Yeah 2k3 Shredder is a bit too "i am a cartoon villain" by that point, but going to such an extreme like that brings his character back to cool.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

Ryaomon posted:

Uh pretty sure there was a good reason for that dude.

Yeah it's too bad, I always love seeing '87 Shredder. I don't remember ever seeing an episode where Krang and Shredder weren't together.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,as someone who just got into the show (halfway through season one), are there any episodes/seasons to avoid? My cousin told me that the first season is the only good one,but I'd like a second opinion.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

So,as someone who just got into the show (halfway through season one), are there any episodes/seasons to avoid? My cousin told me that the first season is the only good one,but I'd like a second opinion.

He's right. Maybe watch episodes 7 and 8 of season 2, they introduce Slash and Casey Jones.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

VolticSurge posted:

I liked p much everything up to season 3, and "a foot too big" is definately a terrible, terrible episode that you should not watch.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I've liked pretty much all of it, to be honest. I don't remember really hating any episodes and I've been mostly interested in all the stories. Your mileage may vary, I can see people not being into a couple of the seasons where they change up the setting and stuff but it kept making me laugh. Gilbert Gottfried is so good as Krang Subprime. Brad Garrett can gently caress off.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Some the episodes when they were hanging out in the woods were pretty bland, like the bigfoot one. Other than that I've been enjoying the show. I really like this version of Fugitoid, he totally made the last season for me.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is this show still good? Did it end?

I was super into it when it first started and then I got distracted by other things. So I'm watching it again. Just finished season 1. I remember we all called Karai being Hamato Yoshi's daughter, so it's nice to see that confirmed. Seeing Splinter fight was sweet.

Gonna go start season 2 now!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I thought the first few were pretty good. It took a bit of a dip in the woods, and I stopped watching when they went into space.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Dr_Amazing posted:

I thought the first few were pretty good. It took a bit of a dip in the woods, and I stopped watching when they went into space.

What, you don't like the Tricerotron arc?

(i'm not there yet, but I watched the 2003 series)

Season 2 was really good. The invasion was super cool. I just started season 3, and I'm pretty happy about Seth Green taking over for Jason Biggs as Leonardo, because I love Seth Green.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Something crazy awesome has happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQNZcBTOgt8

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

But wait! There's more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGACrpNOjtk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOuSCfJgpd8

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Last one was best. The one by Vasquez wasn't that good but people won't shut the gently caress up about it.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

These are all great, just the kind of wacky fun I've always loved from this franchise :toot:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Always good to see Raphael and Donatello interacting. Their relationship probably has the most untapped story potential of all four turtles.

"Where's my belt? We're naked!"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rhyno posted:

Last one was best. The one by Vasquez wasn't that good but people won't shut the gently caress up about it.

I'd agree that it was the best, but the Vasquez one was pretty good too. It's the Lairdman one I'd say wasn't that good. The Vasquez one had some good jokes and sequences, but the last one with it's variety in art style and universe hopping silliness was easily the best.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The last one's pretty good, I gotta check out this Brandon Auman guy.

IMDB posted:

Brandon Auman is known for his work on Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

Man, that's a show I haven't thought about in forever. Once you get through the title, you're already tired of it.

Also the people who made the last one worked on the Half-Shell Heroes: Blast to the Past TV movie, so that may be good too.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Oh man, I saw the silhouettes in the thumbnail and thought it was going to be about this:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hey, did you know that the new season started today? I drat sure didn't until I happened to check out the guide!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's just the second half of the current fourth season.

Checked some of it and man, that felt flat. Glad they finally found a motivation for Karai I guess. :sigh:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Did they? April was declared a kunoichi, like, two seasons ago, but they set up Karai taking over The Foot and Super Shredder, I guess?

When TMNT 2k12 spins its wheels, it spins them HARD.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Glad to see Shredder's gang back in action. That was something I always wanted back when I was watching the 87 show, more mutant henchmen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So. Uh. Decided to check today's episode because might as well. And. :stare: That was good. Super Shredder, with a huge focus on how this interpretation of Shredder is extremely messed up in his hate towards Splinter and his relationship with Karai.

It also features a new director, Rie Koga, who previously worked on some .hack// things in 2007 and 2012, storyboarded a few episodes of that stuff and a couple of episodes of TMNT and directed the best TMNT short.

Depending on how the next six episodes go, this might straight up save the show for me.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Holy poo poo that Rat King madness. The episode where Splinter beat Rat King was one of my favourites, I'm glad they revisited that without undoing it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This episode was scary good, it felt like something from the first two seasons. That Rat King amalgamation was the stuff of nightmares and looked fantastic, I bet they used Nightmare Before Christmas as reference.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

horriblePencilist posted:

This episode was scary good, it felt like something from the first two seasons. That Rat King amalgamation was the stuff of nightmares and looked fantastic, I bet they used Nightmare Before Christmas as reference.

Oh yes the Rat King episodes are good stuff. This one was insanely great, especially when Splinter found out the truth. The VA for the Rat King is a Star Trek veteran as well.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
Does anyone know why this season has had such looney airdates? I watched the first three seasons on Hulu, and since they apparently don't add new episodes until the season is complete, it's gotten a bit irritating seeing the erratic schedule.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Well that was a really fun episode. I especially liked the burn on the beatboxing elevator scene from the movie

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Duncan Doenitz posted:

Does anyone know why this season has had such looney airdates? I watched the first three seasons on Hulu, and since they apparently don't add new episodes until the season is complete, it's gotten a bit irritating seeing the erratic schedule.

It's cause Nickelodeon has a retarded policy where a show can only premiere about 20 new episodes in a year at the most, which is why SpongeBob's 9th season started back in July 2012 and won't air it's last episode till the 20th of this month(well admittedly part of that was due to production being halted for a year to work on the second movie), also why Power Rangers has had split seasons since it came back with Samurai

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 9, 2017

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Whoa, that episode had too much awesome stuff in it. Wasn't expecting Alopex to show up in this series, and yet drunk Splinter ended up stealing the show for me.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Best first 5 minutes of any show that has ever been produced. Splinter always delivers!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's unfair how much better the show's getting. I'm not used to the upswing.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Well, they showed Mutant-Carter from the old cartoon.

nmx
May 16, 2004

How many times can Splinter die before it gets old?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

nmx posted:

This time it may be legit.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The little nods to the 90s movies were fun. I thought they were going to try for subtlety when Casey fell off the building in the final boss fight with Shredder and hit a dump truck but nope, they went all the way. :v: Splinter set up his classic Shredder defeating move from the first movie but it didn't quite work this time ...
Mutated Shredder was a pretty big reference to the Super Shredder from the second movie all along anyway.

nmx posted:

His character isn't really good for much else, thematically or plotwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The little nods to the 90s movies were fun. I thought they were going to try for subtlety when Casey fell off the building in the final boss fight with Shredder and hit a dump truck but nope, they went all the way. :v: Splinter set up his classic Shredder defeating move from the first movie but it didn't quite work this time ...
Mutated Shredder was a pretty big reference to the Super Shredder from the second movie all along anyway.

His character isn't really good for much else, thematically or plotwise.

Well he is literally called Super Shredder.

• Locked thread