Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm on 1.9.1 and a new bug has started popping up today. A couple of my bookmarked threads are putting all the posts on one page, and then not loading up just the unread ones. I've got the 'make read posts blue' fix on, but that's not helping in this case. I'm just getting several hundred posts on page 1 of 1, and having to press the 'Scroll to bottom' button to read them.

EDIT: oh hey, a bunch of new posts just appeared above mine all saying the same thing.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

durty posted:

Did you read the 10 posts before yours?

They hadn't loaded for me :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Allan Assiduity posted:

If we're getting into that train of thought, surely you would want to check the thread first to see if it's a common problem? Much better than "post post post".

But as stated, the app isn't displaying those recent posts where people are bringing up the bug in the first place. For me, it looked like the most recent post was Dec 24th or so. I posted my bug report, and lo, a bunch of interim posts suddenly appeared, making me look like a jackass who can't read.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Would it be possible to make one of the [img] options just a paste from clipboard? If I'm posting a picture not from my camera or photo library, I have to paste the URL and then write my own [img] tags around it, which is, you know, :effort:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Great job on the update guys, it's all amazing! :)

One minor bug I've had is that twice now on entering the new paranormal subforum, it's crashed to desktop. No other forum has done this, and I've tried a fair few of them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Would there ever be an option to see the smilies/emoticons list/page? Thanks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So, the update can't handle picture posts, it seems.

The new thing of literally adding the picture into the post you're composing (as opposed to just a line of code as before) is causing the app to slow down, and sometimes just crash. I made a post a few days ago, added a pic, and then could barely type because the app had become incredibly laggy.

Now today, I was making a quick post earlier, put three pictures straight from the camera, ie, fresh, not from the library, tried to post, and had the app crash. None of the pics had been saved into my photos, and I couldn't return to where I'd been to retake them.

Using a 4S here, and this is annoying. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Also it'd be good if there was an italic option in the format menu and also if it scrolled back the the start after pressing right so many times instead of disappearing 😊

There used to be one, and now it's gone. I was about to post asking where it had vanished to.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

As someone who travels a fair amount, but likes to read long threads for fun, would there be any recourse for some sort of offline mode pulldown? Like, say, I want to read the TVIV GoT thread on a flight (shut up, I'm weird) I wouldn't mind being able to at least read the text of the thread (image pulldown could be optional, but probably an absolute faff in the backend), and save it in app so I could read it as normal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I have a question: why does the img upload no longer work?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hmm

Test image:

Ok! Never mind

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Is there a possibility of doing an [img] paste option that pastes the url and adds the [img] tags around it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I updated today and all my favourited smilies have gone :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

pokeyman posted:

That is hosed up and I apologize.

Did you have to re-log in after updating or were you still logged in? Do you use the smilie keyboard as a system keyboard or do you only ever in Awful?

It's ok, it's the work of a few seconds to put them all back!

No, I didn't have to re-login. I only use Awful for smilies.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Casual Encountess posted:

iphone 7 on ios 11

the errors for image upload no longer have an ok button so i have to force quit to regain control

Yeah, I had that last night, very annoying.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Magnus Praeda posted:

Off-topic, but what thread is that?

The Orville thread in TVIV.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

kloa posted:

Also I can’t seem to get to the last page on this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699735 (warning: contains delicious :burger:)

That is one dangerous thread. <bookmarks>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I am much enjoying :staredog:

EDIT: Ugh, it’s still not saving my favourite smilies :(

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 12, 2017

• Locked thread