Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

jojoinnit posted:

I assume you can't have two apps with the exact same name, so what will the new version be called? Awful Too?
Maybe Awfuler, though I'd prefer Wawful. Current name's ok too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
PMs need to be sorted by date received because I don't think the sorting really works right now. Also, the latest update is amazing, as is the fact I can use PMs at all. The text size thingy is great, and I could be fooling myself, but image uploads seem more reliable now.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pokeyman posted:

They should be sorted by receive date. If you refresh the PM list does the order change?

I think so? But on the other hand, if I open a PM then go back to the PM list, the order changes some and I can't figure it out. :psyduck:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pokeyman posted:

Sounds like I messed up the date parsing somehow, just for you. Random shot in the dark: what locale is iOS set to? Like US English, UK English, French (Canadian), whatever?

Taiwan; it's YYYY/MM/DD for the format here, dunno how iOS deals with it.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Shaggar posted:

How do I have awful app use the correct yospos stylesheet (green) instead of the win95 one its using now? Thanks.
The win95 style sheet is amazing though; thank you for doing that neat thing with it pokeyman, it's a small thing, but I thought it was really cool.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

Woah this is only 2013 buddy don't expect too much

FYI: when attempting to post if probated it tells me the thread is closed .. perhaps you don't have the balls to dive in to find out yourself so I did the hard work for you
Salute our proud testers. :patriot:

Trying to upload more than 2 images at a time from the camera roll is a shitshow with very low chances of completing, even over Wi-Fi. A status bar or something would be nice, but I don't even know what mechanism is being used other than "it uses imgur somehow I think".

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pokeyman posted:

What happens when you try?
It just sits on uploading for an extremely long time then says Upload Failed or whatever the error message is for that. When I say an extremely long time, I mean that I may have to tap on the screen to make sure the phone doesn't go to sleep; 5-10 minutes if I bother with it that long.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Any chance of polls being added to the Awful app?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I'd suggest calling it Awful Too.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Make an Apple-style video trailer for the app.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Any way we can get a clear cache option so you don't have to uninstall/reinstall for this?

That or a cache cap maybe?

^^^ I also love the updates

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
App's crashing when trying to upload an image from the camera roll now(iPhone 5, ios7).

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pseudonordic posted:

I quite like my teeny tiny system font (got my slider full left), but won't be heartbroken if we go back to controlling font-size in-app again. :)
My pre-whateverupdateIjustdid Awful let me go teenier and was cool because I have wizard eyes apparently.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Hey

Hey pokeyman

Thank you for post preview, I'm jizzing right now

bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
The quote button is broken :(

E: ok maybe it isn't? It seems to load stuff after taking you to the edit window now or something?

duckfarts fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Mar 6, 2015

• Locked thread