Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Basically Apple doesn't have any way to officially transfer your app to another developer so when the new guy takes over he has to submit it as a brand new app through his account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Shut the gently caress up about free software drama.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

jojoinnit posted:

:
Scroll to bottom button. Sometimes I'm looking for a post on a page and some threads can involve a lot of scrolling to get there.

This this this.

Also make links open directly in Safari. We have multitasking these days so there is no need to use your own web page viewer.

Edit: Or add the "reader" button to the in-app web page viewer.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think we need a "gooey" pull-to-refresh graphic like in the iOS6 native mail app.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can you filter the login page so the link to sign up for the forums doesn't appear?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I demand the ability to call up goons with a single tap of my finger.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Request: make a swipe down gesture close the image viewer window, a la the Facebook app.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think that scraping pages for offline viewing has been brought up before, but the forums admins are opposed to an app that accesses pages beyond what your normal browsing pattern would be.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The regular version too.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please give option to keep sidebar out.

Seconding this.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

qbert posted:

I downloaded the new app for my iPad, and now whenever I visit any thread, the menu icon in the upper left corner completely disappears, making it impossible to get back to the forums/bookmarks list.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Swipe from left to right.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

myron cope posted:

Would there be a way to open an image in app in an "image browser" and any other link in Safari? Maybe that could be a compromise.

Seconding this. Also make it so you can close the image viewer with a downward swipe like in Facebook.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
One more mistake like this and you are fired pal.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

Syncing favorites is a great idea.

I've thought about syncing settings before, but stopped because I figured people would want different settings on different devices. Looking through the current crop of settings, though, that seems pretty unlikely. And we can always have a "sync settings with iCloud" setting.

But would the "sync settings with iCloud" setting sync?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They go away if you have the no-ads option bought.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Cool rock.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Diabolik900 posted:

It was the first Google Image result for "picture."

A well-deserved position.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Gloriously cross-bedded cheescake.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Lies

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

10 Beers posted:

This app is amazing. Thanks to everyone involved for all of your hard work! Is there any chance of a search function happening, or is here a way to search now that I just don't realize?

There is no way to search right now.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The new iPad background is pretty awesome.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Seconding this. Landscape iPad makes lines of text too long for this font size.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Compromise is for the weak, two columns should be the only option.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, timg downloads the entire huge image then shrinks it on the screen which is a pretty inefficient way to do thumbnails.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
What are the chances that the page formatting or parsing instructions or whatever could built into a text file or xml or something that could be updated manually via iTunes file sharing (like default.css can)? People could download the latest version of that config file when the forums change instead having to wait two weeks for Apple to approve a tiny change like this. Though maybe implementing that is more bother than it is worth unless the forums layout is going to be changing once a week or something.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Petition to lock the thread until the update is out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I am getting pretty tired of reading the forums in Safari on my phone while at work.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It shows up in my update list, but it says version 1.9.1 and has an open button instead of an install button. :argh: Apple

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The SALR Firefox extension used to do that. I think it did it when you paused scrolling for a second or two.

Edit: though this may have been before the forums tracked unread posts so it was only doing it locally.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

If your evil plan was to force Awful to require iOS 6, you lose! Someone's still testing with their iPad 1.

Does this person get email in their hut? Or do they have to hike down the the village to communicate?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Imgur does odd things to my images when I upload them via Awful.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

Should be fixed in the next version!

Hmm, I'm not seeing the same crash. Do you see any of the page before it crashes? Like can you scroll down a bit, then it'll crash?

Don't blame Imgur, it's probably Awful loving things up. Can you put the original image up somewhere and I'll take a look?

Click for original:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Maybe something to do with the way iPhone makes every photo landscape with a rotation specified in the metadata?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Testing a landscape photo:

This one came out fine, and uploaded at the original dimensions.

edit: Can I suggest a resize option? Maybe a prompt asking for the width and defaulting to something reasonable? Timg makes you still have to download an entire huge image. Posting 8MP images inline is a little silly.

withak fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 18, 2013

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I love the auto-refresh so it should stay in.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Killmaster posted:

This is a great app. One bit of feedback:

When marking a thread as read, can you make it mark through the post before instead of including that post as read? I often only get halfway through some of the longer posts and it's annoying having to scroll all the way back to the previous post so I don't lose it.

There used to be a setting to show one previous unread post.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Reply button looks like a "back" arrow to me.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Same in gmail. I don't know why reply is a left arrow and forward is a right arrow.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

slomomofo posted:

In English we read left to right, hence left curved arrow to imply motion backwards.

If the button has to be an arrow then it sounds like right arrow should be the button that you push to continue the conversation. "Get back to this person" isn't what I am thinking when I want to reply to someone.

withak fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

I have no idea if any of that is useful or interesting, but that's why it's an arrow pointing left.

Don't mind me, I'm just whining because the standard icon has never made sense to me.

• Locked thread