Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Xenomorph posted:

I haven't been keeping up. Did OHIO die?

Nah, he just got to busy with other stuff to oversee development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

As the guy who got the iPad stuff somewhat working, here's the real story (as remembered by me, so "real" may be fluid). OHIO started updating his code to work on the iPad. Xcode has a fun feature where you can have an iPhone only app work fine in the iPad simulator, but crash on an actual iPad if there's an iPad specific startup defined in a config file. So he couldn't reproduce the crash everyone is seeing. Go Apple.

After buying an iPad, I figured out the bug and started work on an iPad version by updating some of OHIO's code. Then I have a baby and stop any fixes to my code (hence the weird bugs in that build). Around here the first release of Maxx shows up and there's a stupid fake holy war in the thread. I also remember what a buggy pile of crap it was when I stopped.

A little later OHIO locks his repo because he started checking in updates that are in the current release. This is because he doesn't want someone compiling his half-working code and freaking out when it doesn't work. I asked if he wanted me to lock my fork and he said he didn't care, so I left mine public. Under his locked repo, OHIO and the rest of the developers work on a new version, reworking several components. That's why we have core data, templates, fancy icons, jump to page, storyboards, and so on. I add iPad support again, this time learning from my mistakes in the previous build. This is where Awful is reborn in the last thread. Once again I stop, this tine because I have to focus on my thesis.

Eventually OHIO pulls a Gandalf and sales for the grey havens and hands off the project to someone else. They post a new thread to clear up stuff and we lose all this history and the actions of a year ago fade into myth and legend.

Also there's something about a frog covered version, but I'm pretty sure that was just shared hallucinations.

enigma105 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 5, 2012

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

ChetReckless posted:

I never use the app in landscape, and would actually love an option to lock it in portrait mode.

You can always lock the phone rotation (double tap home, swipe to the sound options. The leftmost icon is rotation lock.)

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

Disappointing Pie posted:

Had a weird bug earlier. Had to force close the app to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/jFmOM.jpg

Any idea what you did just before it happened? How do you show/hide the menu? Swipe? The top left button? Where yo rotating your iPad?

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

Just got an iPhone 5 and the next day a new Awful. Is there a change log somewhere?

• Locked thread