Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jon Joe
Oct 19, 2011

magical teen bomb squad

Grimey Drawer

Lord Byron III posted:

I wrote a program that simulates Quidditch games this morning and am interested in running a fantasy league (where each player is the coach of their own Quidditch franchise). We'd run a draft in Google chat or something similar, and then simulate multiple games ending in a playoff.

The only 'rules change' between this and the books is a 50-point Snitch capture, which eliminates the 'Snitch capture is almost always a win' problem. Of course, I'd be willing to change that if everyone was against it.

Anyhoo, I didn't want to create a separate thread until I had some bites. PM me or reply back here if you don't have PM.

Sounds interesting, but how in depth is the simulation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU