Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Well. Avoiding Good Haro's post till I watch the first episode; here's something from the director.

MAL - Director Motohiro Katsuyuki Omits Moe From Psycho-Pass Anime posted:

Weekly Playboy News released an interview with director Motohiro Katsuyuki and writer Urobuchi Gen about new anime Psycho-Pass. Monohiro said he didn't allow the production staff to use the word "moe" in the discussion meeting. "This anime goes against the current trend of anime industry. So it'll either be a complete failure or a great success." Urobuchi said Motohiro protects him from noitamina producer's demands to add appealing elements for female audience.

Urobuchi said this anime has cruel scenes both physically and mentally. Motohiro joked that he wanted kids audience to have a trauma for life by watching this anime.

Source: Shu Play News

Going to live or die on its own strength I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I'm pretty sure that's just how Akira Amano draws young women. It's not like giant eyes and tiny noses were invented in the last ten years.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Sarcophallus posted:

This was literally addressed in the series when she was told to forget everything she learned in school because the real world isn't anything like what she was taught.
Have you seriously never watched a cop show/movie before?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I have very loose standards if a show doesn't make me angry I probably will be okay with it. The dumb ham-fisted exposition and the whole rookie out of her depth thing being taken to an insane level was bad but not a show killer for me.

Most of the first episode is a show I'd probably watch when I remembered it. That is until what happened in the end. Akane freaking out over tasing the woman was loving stupid. She knows it's not lethal. The entire contrived bit with the gas and the lighter making her crazy spike would have been avoided if Akane hadn't interfered. It was just such forced bullshit to cram in more exposition on the city into the episode. Just an incredibly inept scene that should have been done better.

I'll probably check out the next episode but I'm not going to be in a hurry to do so.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 12, 2012

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Command Ant posted:

She was told by Masaoka (old dude) to forget everything she'd learned up to that point because it wasn't going to do anything to prepare her for actually working in the field. Just about everything Akane did after that was to drive that point home as dramatically as possible.
That is such a lame cop out. This isn't them taking the rookie out on the first day and she learns it might get rough and you might have to bend the rules. What happened in the episode was Akane apparently knowing nothing of her job.

When Akane got scared and pointed the gun at the bum. That was what that line is for. Not having every single thing explained to her.

You want to see something that does this right? Go watch Serpico or any of the million cop movies with a rookie in them.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 12, 2012

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The show isn't saying you're more likely to be a criminal after being raped it's the plot hook. The system doesn't account for elevated stress or excited emotions when ranking people. As showed when the woman was talked down by Akane or when her level jumped when the rapist showed her her levels.

This is a giant obvious flaw in the system that everyone but Akane doesn't seem to give a poo poo about. This being a dystopian future there is probably a giant conspiracy about it that would unravel society if uncovered and Akane and the male lead are probably going to get wind of and investigate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I wouldn't put locking a kid up for the rest of his life past a society like the one in Psycho-Pass that does anything for a safe environment. It's rare but kids commit horrible crimes like anyone else, it's just a matter of if they understand what they're doing when they do it.

Murder Charge Considered for Girl Who Drowned Crying Toddler - ABC News posted:

Kansas City police are trying to determine whether to charge a 5-year-old girl with murder after she admitted that she dragged a crying toddler into a bathtub and held him under water until he stopped crying.

"I've been in law enforcement for 20 years and it's the youngest suspect I can remember," police spokesman Darin Snapp said. "It's extremely rare."

The girl, who is not being identified because of her age, was left with 18-month-old Jermane Johnson Jr. on June 3 along with two other children and a 16-year-old girl who was supposed to be looking after them. The teenager had fallen asleep, police said.

Police originally ruled the death an accident, but it turned into a potential homicide investigation after the 5-year-old told social workers that she held 18-month-old Johnson under water to stop his crying.

• Locked thread