Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
From the way the protagonist was acting, you'd think she'd been in training for a building inspectors job or something, and was assigned to her current job by accident. Just a deer caught in the headlights all the way through.

Is it too much to ask for Miss "Graduated at the Top of Her Class" to be competent and confident at the job she's been training for? Apparently so.

MadRhetoric posted:

Well that was quick. I was guessing it'd take three episodes before Goons started savaging each other over the show like rabid dogs.

It's Urobuchi, there's nothing we can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So what the hell did the guns shoot to make that dude explode anyway? The guy that got shot in the opening didn't explode at all.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Command Ant posted:

She was told by Masaoka (old dude) to forget everything she'd learned up to that point because it wasn't going to do anything to prepare her for actually working in the field. Just about everything Akane did after that was to drive that point home as dramatically as possible.

That would be like me spending two days training to be a stocker at Wal-Mart, and then learning that I would spend my days handling weapons grade plutonium. Are we seriously expected to believe a law enforcement officer, one of whose PRIMARY DUTIES is to shoot co-workers who get out of line, was never trained to be psychologically prepared to use deadly force, or to have even handled her duty weapon before? That a massive city's law enforcement body is just that incompetent? And everyone in the field knows this? And the senior officer on the scene sends her off on her own anyway?

I'm sorry but that strains even my suspension of disbelief.

Edit: Let me try to phrase this differently. I couldn't see how Akane's actions would differ from literally anyone off the street being handed a gun and told, "Hey you, we need to capture some crazy guy whose taken a woman hostage, do whatever the guy in the trenchcoat says, but be careful, he's a potential criminal." And I feel that that is a problem.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 13, 2012

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Old guy looks and acts like an old style detective to me, and it seemed to be implying that he was around before SIBYL came along (though I could be wrong). Maybe he's an old cop who killed people and is now flagged as an Enforcer as a result?

• Locked thread