Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

It seems like a bit of an oversight that an Urobuchi series isn't streaming anywhere.

It's a noitaminA show. Odds are pretty drat good that it will get streamed. Negotiating the licenses for this sort of thing can often fall down to the last minute, but I'm sure someone will get the rights. I can't even remember the last noitaminA title to not get streamed (not counting Thermae Romae, which was just 3 episodes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

They're certainly not 'moe' in the typical anime way. I think she's meant to look somewhat innocent because her being somewhat innocent is actually a Thing, not because they want to sell figurines of her where you can see her underwear.

Those two statements aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The exposition with the guns was really stupid because the guns talk so drat much that anyone with half a brain would have figured it out, they didn't need to spend a few minutes beforehand talking about how they work!

The exchange was literally "Do you know how X works?" "Yes" "Ok, but let me explain it anyways (for the audience)". Out of all the lazy ways to give exposition, that is the laziest.

I know there's plenty of anime with awkward infodumps but there's also a lot of anime with writers that actually know what show, don't tell means!

But man, even if was temporary, being told to kill a woman who just got raped is on a level that makes the world of Judge Dredd look sane and reasonable.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I would assume therapy involves something extreme since the anime hasn't been subtle. And if therapy wasn't a big deal then a guy probably wouldn't carve up a girl while raping her just because he was told to get some therapy. Probably.

• Locked thread