Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Modaka had a pretty drab start, in so much I could hardly remember the first episode.

So far this has been a pretty grounded look at the future of the American justice system, so I'm in for a few more episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

It struck me how very unmoved the people at the mall were by the sight of the cops in holo-suits subduing and removing someone. They didn't seem to notice it at all. And the overly-cheery kawaii police bot outfits felt like they infantilized the populace, by assuming that putting a cheery face on the affair makes it okay. The scary thing is that it seems to work.

It was commented in the first episode but I enjoy the idea of a whole society that just can't handle it's poo poo , especially at the first sign something might be rocking the boat.

That's a whole city ready to flip out at the drop of a hat, no wonder no one really qualifies for the job.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Dr_Amazing posted:

It did the same thing with the construction robots. I get why they give special guns to the enforcers, but you'd think the supervisors would be trusted to use unlocked ones. We've seen quite a few places where using stun mode on a civilian would have really been useful.

I suppose that's the role the stun batons serve, but they're outdated now? Odd they're still in the glovebox of their cars.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Dan7el posted:

I think Akane is a sleeper agent. She is going to become this bad-rear end tracking, hunting, and killing machine and go after Kagomi.

I want to believe Akane won't do a Jesus dive into the brain tank ~ to make Japan a better place ~ but it fits too well.

Spooky Boogie also gets a second chance at life and is seen post credits as an inspector.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

I'm kind of curious to why the council of smarts didn't pull an override on Akane's dominator when she had Shogo in her sights in the underground thunderdome. Tazing him way back then would have saved quite a lot of grief.

I suppose you need the bot there for the override? Maybe letting Shogo's drama play out to see if he was the real deal?

• Locked thread