Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

redreader posted:

I bought the https://shop.kingarthurbaking.com/items/harvest-grains-blend-3-lb and added half a cup to my most recent no-knead bread. Holy poo poo it's good.
KA bread topper: rubbish.
KA Harvest grains blend: Amazing!

I've been using this a lot lately too. Here's their Harvest Grains Bread recipe I use. This is also good to shape the dough into buns for grilled chicken sandwiches instead of making a whole sandwich loaf. Make sure to egg wash the tops and sprinkle more harvest grains on there for looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Baking steel lands tomorrow.

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE

Taco Defender

Malefitz posted:

Decided to try something new today. Vinschgauer or Vinschgerl from South Tyrol..

Thanks for the inspiration!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

those look great

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

beerinator posted:

I've been using this a lot lately too. Here's their Harvest Grains Bread recipe I use. This is also good to shape the dough into buns for grilled chicken sandwiches instead of making a whole sandwich loaf. Make sure to egg wash the tops and sprinkle more harvest grains on there for looks.

I want to try that. I don't have the helper thing though, and it looks like a great ingredient to use. I like using wheat in my recipes but it makes the bread sort of sink a lot. I am trying to get larger loaves. Even if I use a normal loaf pan for the king arthur no-knead bread and put in half of the recipe it never comes out looking like that with the big overflow bit coming out of the pan. I should try more recipes....

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

redreader posted:

I want to try that. I don't have the helper thing though, and it looks like a great ingredient to use. I like using wheat in my recipes but it makes the bread sort of sink a lot. I am trying to get larger loaves. Even if I use a normal loaf pan for the king arthur no-knead bread and put in half of the recipe it never comes out looking like that with the big overflow bit coming out of the pan. I should try more recipes....

the relevant parts of the dough improver are just wheat gluten and vitamin c fwiw, which add structure and workability to your doughs

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein

I made some bagels. Finally got me some malted barley syrup and also did the roll-around-your-hand shaping instead of punching a hole. Came out great, at least taste-wise - I could use some work on the shaping for sure.

Crumb shot

therattle
Jul 24, 2007

I'm a family man - I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W.

Soiled Meat

blixa posted:

I made some bagels. Finally got me some malted barley syrup and also did the roll-around-your-hand shaping instead of punching a hole. Came out great, at least taste-wise - I could use some work on the shaping for sure.

Crumb shot

Those look amazing.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

A wonky-rear end bagel hole is a sign of trust and quality IMO.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Oh, hey. I finally got a version of my pain de campagne that I think looks pretty decent:

I mean, lookit dat rear end.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

good bagels and good bread looks y'all

Nooner
Mar 26, 2007

I am Nooner

I AM TRYING TO MAKE SOURDOUGH I MIXED 100 GRAMS OF RYE WHEAT AND 100 GRAMS OF LUKE WARM WATER JUST LIKE THE BOOK I HAVE SAID IT IS GOING TO TURN INTO BREAD AND I WILL BAKE IT AND EAT IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

hell yeah dude