Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
A chance to show off my rainbow sesame sprinkle hamburger buns!

I like this straightfoward and highly yeasted 40 minute hamburger bun recipe. It holds up well to toasting and heavy patties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

I am going to make that right now.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

The Doctor posted:

:neckbeard: Let us know how it turns out!

The fluffiest softest bread I've ever laid eyes on. It poofed up almost double the height of the pan. This recipe is a keeper.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

I used a mixer. My large cutting board that I usually knead on was nowhere to be found. The dough starts out very tacky and will eat up a lot of loose flour.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

I snapped a quick pick of the innards of the challah I made with The Doctor's recipe. So fluffy!!!

And that chunk missing is because my cat ate my loving bread. gently caress you cat you have your own goddamn food and how did you eat through a layer of heavy duty foil to get at my loving bread. I mean gently caress, dude.

This is how I found it when I got home just now.

Fuckin cat.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

Definitely overthinking. When I do it I use a long spoon right in the storage container. You could use a stand mixer but it would unnecessarily complicate the process, plus add a couple of extra things to wash when you transfer the dough out of the mixer into the storage container. You're meant to mix the flour and water until combined, so no particular time is mentioned.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

The Duke of Avon posted:

I want to make bread but I am kind of intimidated by it. :ohdear: I've only ever made quick breads before, is there anything I ought to try first that has the least possibility of going horribly wrong, or should I just try whatever seems appealing?

King Arthur Flour's hearth bread is really hard to screw up. You don't have to buy their flour to make this work. The water does not have to be that exact temperature, something barely warm would work. It would take active effort to make something inedible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

The roasting pan is for holding hot water to provide steam for the bread. Any oven safe container could do this. I use an old baking pan. You could also omit it completely and still end up with bread.