Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I work at Panera. All the cafes do bake their bread fresh every day, but it comes pre-mixed from a commissary and the dough is sent to us via truck. I guess because the equipment to mix the dough ourselves would make the cafes way too big? Still makes me sad. I do real baking all the time at home and I love it. Breads, cakes, pastries. Love all of it.

Super basic recipe but I still wanted to share it. Made it yesterday and it made the entire apartment smell like heaven. This is the only good thing I got out of culinary school. I was lucky enough to be able to learn from a world-class chef, the kind of guy who could be Gordon Ramsay famous if he wanted to, and this is his personal foccaccia recipe. I guess he was teaching a culinary school class for like only one year because he wanted to experience it.

quote:

Focaccia Bread
Makes a full sheet pan
Ingredients:

28 oz Water
2 oz Fresh Yeast (or three packets of active dry yeast, two if halving recipe)
2 Tbl Sugar
2 Tbl Salt
1 Cup Olive Oil
36 Ounces Bread Flour (works out to 8 cups if using all-purpose)
1 Tbl Rosemary

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment and olive oil.
3. In a large bowl or mixer, combine all ingredients until well incorporated.
3. Pour dough (it should be very liquid) into a pan and let it proof at room temp.
4. When proofed, stretch dough with fingers and dust with sea salt and herbs of choice.
5. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes (20-25 if halving the recipe)

Myself, I add 2 Tbl of cracked black pepper to the dough and then cover the top with minced olives (your choice which kind) before baking.

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU