Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Hahahah that's hella ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

It can also be fun to do a no stress, no expectation bread where you just mix it all together without measuring. Get the dough to a consistency you like, knead it for a bit, rest, then bake it for a bit. It might not produce the greatest bread anyone's ever tasted, but it'll do wonders for your confidence.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

But yes, kneading makes gluten form nice long strands now, while no-knead bread is a more passive process that bears much the same results in a day or two.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

I might have cross contaminated my culture with raw chicken. Am I hosed? Throw out and restart?

Yes, Jesus. It's gonna cost you a couple cups of flour and a few days. Raw chicken is home to some nasty poo poo. This shouldn't even be a question.

Why was there raw chicken near your culture anyway?