Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Well my first no-knead bread, with sun-dried tomatoes and basil, is done and I'm really satisfied with how it turned out. It's a bit more moist than I expected but the taste is amazing and looks soooo good. Definitely going to do this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
I’m looking for a relatively simple, good whole-wheat recipe. It looked at the King Arthur and Serious Eats ones, but they looked a bit finicky. Anyone have any go-to’s?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

effika posted:

For a sandwich loaf? Artisan-style boule? Dinner rolls? Bread-machine? No-knead? Something that's just flour, water, salt, and yeast? Fat or eggs ok? Other grains OK, or only 100% whole wheat? Inclusions like herbs or seeds or nuts or fruit? (Craisins and walnuts make a great whole wheat loaf, btw.)

Based on what you're wanting we can find a recipe you might like.

And if those recipe sources seem finicky, it's because they're trying to get a Random Internet Stranger to do the exact same thing the recipe author did, so they've put all the variables down so you can get as close as possible.

Anything really, but either a sandwich loaf or boule to start with. Don’t have a standing mixer, I do have a kitchenaid. Preferable whole meal only, but besides that no real preferences. Thanks for the help anyway