Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whoredog
Apr 10, 2002

I made a Rainbow Brioche once. It was almost perfect.

The lesson I learned was to roll the colored balls into logs in plastic wrap, instead of dusted with flour. The light dusting of flour made them not 'merge' perfectly.

Brioche makes the BEST grilled cheese.

whoredog fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoredog
Apr 10, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Have any of y'all tried the America's Test Kitchen recipe for no-knead brioche, the one where you use melted butter and let the dough sit for 24 hours? I'm somewhat skeptical myself but I don't have the time or equipment to make real brioche, so I want to believe.

I watched that episode just the other day, and I gotta laugh at their "no-knead" definition. Sure, you dont have to knead it for 20, but you do have to play with it several times over 90 min and then let it sit for at least a day. Then play with it more. Considering I have a stand mixer, I doubt I'll ever try it.

I have faith in ATK though, and I'm sure it comes out great.