Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
I love you, Bread Thread :glomp:

Any dynamite hamburger bun recipes? If I'm not using the King Arthur recipe, I usually just add 2T of fat (usually shortening), and 1T of sugar to my normal 5:3 loaf recipe, give 'em an egg wash and away we go. They're a little denser than I'd like, but whenever I get a really wet dough going, I get paranoid that there isn't enough gluten development to facilitate a decent rise :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Rurutia posted:

Ahhh, that's amazing! I'm so sad now that I have to wait til Christmas to have access to my baking tools. Just a couple questions:

The Doctor You gave the recipe in volume, do you have it in weight, or do you know what the hydration % is supposed to be? Secondly, you punch down and re-knead before the second rise - have you tried just doing a french fold to keep as much of the air as possible?

Charmmi Did you use a mixer or did you hand knead? Just wondering if using a mixer would gently caress it up.

edit Going to make this someday too. http://www.weekendbakery.com/posts/recipe-for-80-hydration-baguette/ :allears:

That link is awesome, thanks for sharing it. I've been stuck with dense loaves and every once in a while I'd like a crusty baguette to come out out of my oven :(