Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Is that dough sitting on a plastic grocery bag?

Round challah works just fine. I usually make a rope and spiral it around itself. It's a traditional shape for at least one of the Jewish holy days.

geetee fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

The Doctor posted:

:colbert: poo poo yeah it is and that's how it's done.

e: It's an easy surface to let the dough rise on and then shift, doesn't require more dirty dishes, etc.

Seems a little unsanitary to me. Who knows what's on them?

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Revener posted:

Unless they were set on the ground, smeared with meat or left somewhere dirty I don't see why they would be any worse than a cutting board or coutertop.

I've switched from bowls because I consistently get a larger rise on flat surfaces, I'm sure there's a :science: reason for this.

I don't know the history of my grocery bags or what might leech out of them. I'm sure it's safe 99% of the time.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Forever in the freezer I think.

Pretty much. I'm still working on a 3 year old bag from Costco.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

Marv Albert posted:

Is the book published on Christmas Island?

This picture rings a bell, but something's missing...

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[

PatMarshall posted:

Does anyone happen to know of a good store in NYC ... I'm hesitant to order from the internet as my building does not have a doorman and the super is usually out when UPS swings by. Thanks!

Have you considered using the Amazon lockers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
I would try treating it like a cinnamon swirl bread. Form it into a sheet, spread the filling over it and roll it up before proofing.