Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Starting to get the hang of my sandwich loaves. Soft and chewey, slices great. On this one I even got that nice exploding from the tin, Butt-Shaped top.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

meatsaw posted:

I'd would love to know the recipe for this.

So I've been keeping a batch of poolish going which is normally 24 ounces of flour and ~25-26 ounces of water, it needed like, 1/4th-1/2 a tsp of instant yeast at the beginning. When I want to bake a batch, I take about 24 ounces of the combined poolish and replace the missing ingredients for the first stage and throw it back in the refridgerator. To the 24 ounces poolish, I add 3 1/4 tbsp of room temperature butter and a room temp egg and let it sit for a little, it has a batter like consistency. For the rest of the dry ingredients I used about 9 ounces of wheat flour (you don't have to use wheat, but I've had better results with it), 1/4th a cup of dehydrated milk, 3 1/4 tbsp sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp of instant yeast to shock the dough. I mix up all the dry ingredients and in a few stages slowly add some dry ingredients, mix, rest, add some more until all combined. I'll normally knead it first to get make sure I get my desired feel. Then oil a bowl and let proof for two hours. Then knead dough a little, roll it out, shape into a loaf. If its a little too tacky add flour until you get the appropriate consistency. Let proof in a oiled bread tin for about 1 hour 45 minutes, cut a slit in the top, spray some oil and then use a brush to smooth it across the top and into the slit. I preheat an oven to about 375 degrees, throw in the loaf and about half a cup of water on the bottom of the oven, lower the temp to 350 and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from tin immediately, let cool for an hour.

I reproduced the results, just slightly overproofed, a little too much spill over though it turned out fine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yiggy fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 15, 2013