Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

First time trying to make shokupan using this recipe Didn't rise enough in the last proofing to fill the loaf pan like it was suppose to, but was still very tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I finally got a banneton. Are you suppose to wash the liner in between bakes or just let the flour build up?
Here's the first sourdough loaf I did with it:

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Rhjamiz posted:

Yeah, I more or less already do that stuff. I'm just looking to add variety to my limited repertoire.

And I'll report back with my results, tho I'm not aiming for a meal in a slice. That's a bit too ambitious. A meal in a small loaf maybe sounds more reasonable. Maybe pair that jalapeņo bread mentioned earlier with some leftover gumbo.

Has someone suggested making a batch of empanadas or samosas yet? Societies have solved this problem.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I'd say go with the round one, since you probably have a bowl that will work as a banneton for it.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Siegkrow posted:

Anybody knows how to make naan bread? Any tips?

If you have a baking steel or stone, I've made this and it came out really good.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I've been doing the perfect loaf's beginner sourdough and my results keep getting better. Still want a bit more rise, think I need to keep to first step somewhere warmer during the winter. Jan your loaf looks good and I may try that tartine recipe next.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

10 Beers posted:

Looks good! Is that wheat? If so, does it affect the taste of the sourdough?

here's the recipe It is suppose to be about 3/4 regular bread flour and 1/4 whole wheat (I replace the rye flour with whole wheat), but I think was closer to 50/50 cause I ran out of bread flour. I think the sour really compliments the hearty whole wheat flavor and makes for a very tasty loaf overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Decided to try random scoring. Made with the super simple King Arthur flour no-knead sourdough recipe except did the long fridge proof in the banneton