Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Cephalocidal posted:

Anecdote:
IT companies and the IT departments of non-IT companies don't test. I have never encountered an exception to this and most of my jobs in the past decade have been in the Midwest.

This has been my experience as well. One job was at a large manufacturing company and everyone except engineering and IT was tested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Well, marijuana is officially legal in Colorado:

quote:

With the stroke of pen, Gov. John Hickenlooper made it official Monday: Pot is now legal in the state of Colorado, according to the state constitution.
Hickenlooper, a Democrat, signed the proclamation that officially places Amendment 64 into the constitution. And he announced the creation of a task force to attempt to work out the many legal and logistical details that must accompany the amendment, which makes the use, possession and limited home-growing of marijuana legal for anyone 21 and older.

"Voters were loud and clear on Election Day," Hickenlooper said in a statement. "We will begin working immediately with the General Assembly and state agencies to implement Amendment 64."

The governor signed an executive order creating a task force on the implementation of Amendment 64, which is to consider various legal and policy issues as the state tries to implement the amendment.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Am I the only one here who is OK with those 8 guidelines? I mean replace the word marijuana with alcohol, tobacco or whatever else and it still seems pretty reasonable. That doesn't work with "preventing marijuana possession or use on federal property", although I can understand that one as it's still illegal according to the federal government.

It seems like this thread wouldn't be happy unless pot was rescheduled tomorrow, which won't happen. Celebrate the baby steps kids.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Times are changing, folks.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Welp I just walked into a store and bought an eighth with my debit card. That was pretty cool.

e: Waited about 30 minutes in the waiting room. Super friendly staff, awesome experience, A++ would buy again.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

which one did you go to? Also what sort of record did the shop take of the sale? Did they put your name/address/other information in "The System"? I'm curious to see how the statewide Marijuana Inventory Tracking System is implemented.

And uuuuuhhh not to sound tinfoil hat or anything, but I'd probably use cash in the future. I wonder how the debit card processing and merchant accounts work with companies that can't have bank accounts.

I went to Altitude Dispensary on Evans and Monaco. They took my ID and created a record for me in their system. I'm not sure if they added all of the info on it but they definitely took my name and birth date. My name was on my receipt and also on a sticker they put on the container the weed is in. Oddly enough the sticker says "For Medicinal Use Only".

I'm not too terribly concerned about the debit card thing, but yea, I intend on using cash in the future.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

TheRamblingSoul posted:

So... Why does the DEA continue to raid dispensaries and generally ruin peoples' lives, then? If even their own research shows that marijuana is harmless, why do they keep doing what they do?

Well, there's this thing called asset forfeiture you see and

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Or just don't break the law and leave it here? This isn't that hard. Please don't take our retail weed to other lovely states and ruin the entire thing because some bumblefuck sheriff howls that the demon plant is taking over his holler.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

WampaLord posted:

You're naive if you think it's not going to spread like wildfire. If you're totally sober but have a bag full of weed in your car, how is the cop going to know unless you're dumb enough to have the bag open in front of him?

Refuse all searches, they don't have poo poo for probable cause unless they can smell it, and I assume the shops are selling it in airtight containers like they do in CA.

It's be ridiculously easy to smuggle weed out of CO if you put any thought into at all. Now, if it's illegal in your home state you're still flirting with danger, but once you have the weed home it's a lot harder for you to get in trouble.

E: VVV That's where you pull the "Am I being detained or am I free to go?" move. Sure it pisses cops off but you have to know your rights and state them loudly. Record that poo poo with your phone too, or have a passenger do it. They really don't care for that.

Everyone should watch the "Don't talk to cops" video on YouTube if they haven't already - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

I can still ask that people don't break the law because we're on thin ice as it is. The people dumb enough to get caught with it are the same people who are too stupid to refuse a search.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Internet Webguy posted:

Yeah, man. Cops are never intimidating, especially when you're paranoid.

So don't travel with something illegal in your car if you're too paranoid to keep your poo poo together if/when you get stopped. Good lord.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Republicans posted:

The impact on how you sleep is one of the reasons I'm curious about it. I don't have problems sleeping but pretty much every night I dream so extensively that it in itself feels tiring. I've heard how marijuana can prolong the deep sleep phase and, in turn, shorten the REM sleep phase when dreaming happens. It'd be nice to have something to tell my brain to shut the gently caress up for one night.

A nice indica will do wonders for sleep. I've used it for a while now for sleep and there's nothing better. You wake up feeling refreshed and not groggy. Highly recommended. Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Jazerus posted:

The DoJ is explicitly working with the Colorado governor's office on exactly this issue. I would expect to see cannabis businesses able to use some sort of banking within a year, honestly.

This. I can't find the article right now but the DOJ has told Colorado and banks to expect a "yellow light and additional guidance" for banks in dealing with marijuana businesses.

I suspect this is already happening in some form already because like I said earlier, the dispensary I went to happily accepted Visa and MasterCard.

• Locked thread