Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The rat says squee
May 6, 2007
What else should they say?

Warchicken posted:

If you want to argue with me about lung capacity and use while high feel free to get a few degrees in using your lungs first. It's a 'you' thing, something subjective and not empirical. Any impact on actual lung function is from taking painfully large hits or is so small your average joe won't notice it except if he already decided his lungs aren't working as well.

Actually, it is empirical. Cannabis functions as a bronchodilator, so you most likely can breathe deeper after indulging.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1429361/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The rat says squee
May 6, 2007

Stanos posted:

It's always some dumbass 'THINK OF THE CHILDREN' type thing too.

Surprisingly, it appears that the controlled substances act may be amended to actually help children, and adults, with medical conditions that may be alleviated by marijuana.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/28/health/federal-marijuana-bill/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Excerpt:
The three-page bill would amend the Controlled Substances Act -- the federal law that criminalizes marijuana -- to exempt plants with an extremely low percentage of THC, the chemical that makes users high.

If passed, it would be the first time that federal law allows any medical marijuana use.

"No one should face a choice of having their child suffer or moving to Colorado and splitting up their family," said Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pennsylvania, the bill's sponsor. "We live in America, and if there's something that would make my child better, and they can't get it because of the government, that's not right."

The rat says squee
May 6, 2007

The DEA agent did have some good points on the negative environmental aspects of illegal grow-ops, namely the deforestation, overuse of fertilizers, and water diversion. All of which would be solved by legal growing facilities. Why he decided to bring up baked bunnies is beyond me. Personally, I would like to go camping and be surrounded by chill rabbits who just want to hang out and eat some of my stash.

The rat says squee
May 6, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

How many people were out there warning about how much the scourge of speakeasies and organized bootlegging would increase if prohibition was appealed?

I'm hoping this "Why won't someone think of the bunny rabbits?" nonsense is just the death throes of the prohibition movement.

• Locked thread