Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Another Colorado goon checking in, from the Northern part of the state (Greeley, to be specific). I'm pretty optimistic about the amendment's chances of passing; a large number of people I've talked to are fully in favor of it, and that's people of all ages, careers, social classes, and walks of life. Plus, there seems to be a VERY large effort to get us college students registered to vote (at least at my school, dunno about CU or CSU or others but I'd imagine it's the same there) and I think it's a pretty fair assumption that this amendment will find a lot of support in that particular demographic, even among non-smoking students.

Here's what I see happening if it passes: Nothing will change usage-wise. Those who want to smoke are probably already smoking, so although we might see some people try it just because it's legal, I doubt it'll be a big number. Given the DEA's penchant for raiding medical marijuana dispensaries lately, I would expect them to make a show out of carrying out more raids in the first few weeks/months after the measure passes, after which the raids will taper off after the show of force is done. I'd expect that this measure will probably be challenged in court almost immediately, and bounce back and forth in the judicial system all the way to the SCOTUS; in the meantime, I wouldn't be surprised if legalization is in limbo in the meantime, with injunctions and poo poo like that.

As for what happens when it makes it to the Supreme Court? Who knows. We'll see.

One thing to also bear in mind is that the measure only lays the framework for retail marijuana sales, and each municipality has to draw up their own laws and regulations surrounding its sale; we won't see medical dispensaries turning into retail dispensaries overnight, although I would imagine a fair amount of towns here already have a general idea of what they want to do so it may not take long to see these laws being enacted.

The only thing that will change right when it goes into effect (which, from what I understand, is immediately upon the governor declaring that the bill has passed) is that it will be legal for personal possession and consumption in private.

I really think the primary goal of these bills is more to stir the waters and get the country seriously talking about legalization; anybody that wants to smoke already does, especially so in states like CO where it's decriminalized and enforcement is a joke. Here's hoping it works!

Also,

f#a# posted:

and Colorado appears to be doing poo poo right: the first $40 million of the excise tax is required to go towards education,

Almost. The first $40 million must go to the school construction fund to be used to build new schools. I'd much rather have seen it go directly towards the education budget, and maybe we can work to get that changed later if it passes, but for now I'll take $40 million for new schools over having it just tossed into the general fund.

(CO goons, if I'm wrong about anything in this post, feel free to correct me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ender.uNF posted:

Totally incorrect actually. Nullification would be if the Feds said everyone had to smoke weed and Colorado made it illegal to do so.

If CO wants to take any anti-weed laws off its books it is free to do so. It's no different than a state passing weed tax stamp laws, though in that case the objective is different. If the Feds want to enforce it, they can send the ATF/DEA agents in. Good luck with getting the budget to cover that. Federal power has always rested on getting the state governments to follow along because states (and the cities/counties they create) are the ones with all the "boots on the ground". You can get away with a tremendous amount of poo poo for a very long time if the local cops don't care.

This is absolutely true, that a state can't (or won't) be forced to enforce anti-weed laws. But is there a difference between not enforcing anti-weed laws, and making your own laws taxing and regulating marijuana instead? That's not just refusing to enforce federal laws; that's creating your own laws that, at least implicitly, override federal laws.

I think not enforcing federal laws, and creating your own laws contradictory to federal law, are two different things.

I'm not an expert on this subject so if someone who is would like to correct me please do so.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

In fact, the amendment contains specific language clarifying that it doesn't prohibit companies from prohibiting marijuana usage in its employees, even in their own private time.

Kind of hosed up, but baby steps I guess? :shobon:

Not to mention the only tests you'd really have to be concerned about are pre-employment tests and accident-related tests. Drug tests are expensive so random unprovoked drug tests aren't common.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I agree with Xandu...as much as I like the idea of this law in particular, I shudder to think of what kind of precedent it sets. It basically completely reverses the supremacy clause and states that state laws trump federal laws (at least regarding marijuana).

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

Does it do that though? What if the controlled substances act is modified to read that 'cannabis is a controlled substance in those states that have not voted to make it legal'. The state law isn't trumping federal law in that case. The controlled substances act would be setting a default condition for states that have not addressed the cannabis issues themselves.

That's a good point, one that I thought of right after posting my reply. Here's hoping the legislation is crafted in that way, as I feel like that might also have a higher chance of passing.

I also can't wait to see how the "state's rights!!!!" Tea Partiers justify their inevitable opposition to this bill.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

I was amazed that I did not see a single anti-64 commercial. There was even a commercial with a retired cop saying that weed is harmless and cops have better things to do. Now if I can just start getting good bud instead of this crappy stuff. Although it's not really bad, just a whole lot less of it for my money than getting from someone who has a card :)

Yeah, one of my friends said they heard one anti-64 radio ad and another saw an anti-64 billboard but that's all I've heard about, and I myself never saw any opposition whatsoever. The measure went almost unopposed here.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Install Gentoo posted:

There's tons of places in America where you can't buy any alcohol at all, and others where the hours and days are severely restricted.

Red counties have alcohol sales banned, yellow counties have alcohol sales banned in parts of the county, blue have no bans and gray have no data.

It's amazing how many maps I see that make me love my home state (Colorado) even more <3

Also, it must loving blow to live in KY, TX, TN, KS, MI, NC, or OH as a non-teetotaler :( (unless you live in one of the handful of blue counties on this map)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

ChipNDip posted:

I call bullshit on the Michigan part of the map. I've lived here my entire life, and I've never heard of a dry county here. You can find hard liquor in the grocery stores.

Salt Fish posted:

The map isn't really telling you that much. I live in a county marked yellow and I can buy any amount of alcohol at any time from the grocery store except liquor on Sunday between midnight and noon.

Fair enough, this map probably isn't the best representation of local liquor laws. For example, you guys live in a mostly-yellow states/counties on this map but can buy liquor in grocery stores; I live in an entirely-blue state and can't buy anything but 3.2% beer anywhere outside of an actual liquor store :(

I still love Colorado though :) Especially after election day!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Okay, guess I was a bit wrong in my initial interpretation of that map. My bad :ohdear:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Living in Colorado, I'm actually kind of surprised at just how little uproar there is over this. Amendment 64 still had 45% "no" votes so I'd think there'd be at least some people that would be pissed about it, but no...everyone I've talked to has just kind of taken it in stride, even those who voted against it.

It gives me a small, flickering ray of hope :unsmith:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Looks like the ball just started rolling a little faster:

Hawai'i House Speaker Files Marijuana Legalization Bill

quote:

HONOLULU, HI — Hawaii House Speaker Joseph Souki (D-8) Friday introduced a bill to legalize the possession of marijuana by adults and create a system of taxed and regulated legal marijuana commerce. The measure, House Bill 150, would allow people 21 and over to possess up to an ounce and grow an as yet unspecified number of plants in a secure location.

The bill passed its first reading Friday, but has yet to be sent to a committee. The 2013 legislative session begins Tuesday.

“Regulating and taxing marijuana similarly to alcohol takes marijuana sales out of the hands of criminals and puts them behind the counter in legitimate businesses that will generate significant new revenue for Hawaii,” said Mason Tvert, director of communications at the Marijuana Policy Project, which is working on passage of the bill. “Law enforcement resources should be focused on preventing and responding to serious crimes rather than enforcing antiquated marijuana prohibition laws.”

In addition to allowing adult possession and cultivation, the bill would also authorize the state to license marijuana retail stores, cultivation facilities, product manufacturing facilities, and testing facilities. Public pot smoking, driving under the influence, and use by individuals under the age of 21 would remain illegal.

The bill introduction comes on the heels of the release earlier this month of a QMark Research Poll that showed support for legalization at 57%. That poll was sponsored by the Drug Policy Action Group, a sister group of the Drug Policy Forum of Hawaii, and the ACLU of Hawaii, suggesting that local as well as national reform groups are pushing the bill.

In the wake of the legalization victories in Colorado and Washington last November, at least a half dozen states are expected to entertain legalization bills. Hawaii is first out the gate; the others are Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

The most interesting part, to me, is the poll in the second-to-last paragraph showing support for legalization at 57%; for some reason I didn't expect support to be so high in Hawai'i even though it's a pretty solidly blue state.

Anybody know any reasons I'm missing that this might not have a chance of passing?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I may be mistaken, but from what I understand the legality of weed is now part of the Colorado constitution, which means no jurisdiction within the state can ban private possession and consumption by individuals.

This is correct. Amendment 64 pretty explicitly says that individual localities cannot make possession or consumption illegal.

Amendment 64 posted:

(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:
(a) POSSESSING, USING, DISPLAYING, PURCHASING, OR TRANSPORTING MARIJUANA ACCESSORIES OR ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA.
(b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.
(c) TRANSFER OF ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA WITHOUT REMUNERATION TO A PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
(d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.
(e) ASSISTING ANOTHER PERSON WHO IS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER IN ANY OF THE ACTS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPHS (a) THROUGH (d) OF THIS SUBSECTION.

Interestingly enough, (a) also lists purchase of up to 1oz of pot as something that localities cannot make illegal, so I wonder if the Colorado Springs law is in direct conflict with the amendment? I'm sure there's some loophole that allows it though.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

computer parts posted:

That would be this:

The law is in conflict with the amendment, then, because the prohibition on marijuana facilities was implemented without being placed on a ballot on an even-numbered year.

Now, whether anyone will actually do anything about it is an entirely different story.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Having lived in Colorado all my life but never living any closer to Denver than Aurora, I had to look up where Greenwood Village actually is (I pretty much just refer to the entire Denver metro area as "Denver")...however, after seeing where it is and recalling my memories of driving through that area, I agree with the poster above me. Good riddance.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The way I understand it, Amendment 64 specifies that the state will begin accepting retail marijuana sales cards on - and not before - October 1st. So that's how hard it is.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

As a lifelong resident/native of Colorado, I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this. Yes, I know Amendment 64 happened, and yes, I know personal consumption of pot was pretty much effectively legal already (as long as you weren't stupid about it) but the fact that actual retail marijuana stores may become a reality still hasn't sunk in. I guess it probably won't sink in until the minute I first walk into a dispensary. And what a glorious day it will be.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

RichieWolk posted:

Fine! If we can't tax it, no civil liberties for anyone!

Great job! Now if you could just give us a quote saying "should gays really even be considered human?" I can fill out my pure evil republican bingo card.

How the hell is that even legal? To change the wording of a ballot question after it's been voted on?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Colorado is one of those crazy states where the voters have to vote on tax increases. This is a new tax. It has to be voted on by the state at large.

This isn't completely insane as part of the previous measure required taxation.

I know that, I live here :D I'm just baffled at the thought that they can go back and add a provision like that to a ballot measure that's already been voted on and passed. That's like if I were to ask questions in a survey of a bunch of people, then go back and edit my questions after they've already answered them.

EDIT: Whoops, never mind. They're not talking about revising the Amendment 64 provision, they're talking about revising the eventual tax ballot question. Silly me.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

And I don't pretend to know the percentage of skiiers that smoke weed, but I know that it seems to be way higher than that of the general population.

As a Colorado native and avid skier, I can tell you that at least among the 30-and-younger crowd, this is more true than you can possibly imagine.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If y'all are planning on visiting Colorado later this year, don't plan it around being able to buy legal weed. Applications for retail licenses won't even be accepted until October 1st, and whoever handles that is allowed to take up to 90 days to approve the license. Seeing how quickly our legislature has responded to this issue I'd like to think that the first few licenses will be approved within weeks, but realistically, it could take until December or January for retail pot to be A Thing.

It may help that the only places allowed to apply for a retail license for the first six months are existing MMJ dispensaries, so when they get their license they can pretty much fling the doors open right away.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Muck and Mire posted:

This is a seriously bad example, going to the next county over to buy fireworks is as American as apple pie

e: Here, have a guess at what the red things and the dotted line on this image indicate:

I don't have a fancy map to illustrate it, but I can assure you that there are several huge fireworks stores just a few miles North of the Colorado/Wyoming border, right off I-25. Taking trips up to Cheyenne to buy hella fireworks and bring them back to Colorado is a statewide pastime.

Although hopefully that won't be the case this year, seeing as how our entire state is a gigantic tinderbox waiting to combust :ohdear:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

NurhacisUrn posted:

It is hard to pursue happiness when Crohns disease is ravaging your bowel and you are not allowed to treat your condition with a holistic and therapeutic substance with ZERO addictive properties and no LD50 that is proven to be beneficial.

As someone who has been in this exact position, I agree, and can attest that it really does help a lot. I'm probably one of the few people I know with an actual severe medical condition that totally warrants getting a medical card so I can treat it and live a normal life, and I even considered getting one (mainly just to have a reliable place to buy it). But I held off just in case Amendment 64 passed, and welp :dance:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

NurhacisUrn posted:

That makes me very happy for you my friend. I used Crohns because I have a friend who suffers terribly from it, so I know how bullshit the western medicine mentality is for treating Crohns. I also know how horrific of a condition it is. I am quite glad you'll finally feel some respite.

I feel so passionately about all this because I have seen some research that shows it has possible promise in slowing Alzheimers, and many people in my family have fallen to that horrific malady.

Well, I'm actually on very powerful immunosuppressants now (the pot only made it bearable, it didn't bring it anywhere near "normal") but I think I can accurately say that my last flare-up would have been several times worse if I hadn't used cannabis to treat the symptoms while waiting for my immunosuppressant prescription to clear and to get the first dose. And I still use it for when the occasional cramp gets through.

So it isn't exactly a miracle drug for Crohn's, but it certainly brings it to a point where I can live with it.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Opening day at Keystone a few years back, I was by myself and hopped on the gondola at the bottom with about five other people. Before the doors even closed they asked if I minded them smoking some bud, to which I said not at all (they offered to let me join in, but I was looking for a job at the time.)

They whip out a pre-rolled joint and finish before we get to the mid-load station about eight minutes later; the doors open to allow people on if we have room (we had room for one more person), the liftie leans in, takes a huge couple of whiffs of the interior, and exclaims, "WHOOOO buddy!", turns to the next guy in line, and asks, "Think you can handle this, bro?" to which the guy responds affirmatively and hops on. The other people light another joint and share it with the new guy.

I guess the point of this anecdote is that most of the lift operators don't care at all, I've had this kind of scenario happen many, many times. At most they might ask us to do it in the woods rather than on the lifts.

Also, every ski area I've been to has had handmade smoke shacks made from fallen trees in the trees between runs (one at Breckenridge was two stories, even!); every now and then ski patrol will tear one down to make a show of force, but for the most part, they're completely left alone.

It's really hard to understand the weed culture at Colorado ski resorts until you've been to one, but yeah, it's pretty rampant.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Holy poo poo.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=352760

quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The federal government says it will not sue to stop the states of Colorado and Washington from allowing recreational marijuana use.

In a sweeping national policy announcement, the Justice Department outlined eight top priority areas for its enforcement of marijuana laws.

They range from preventing the distribution of marijuana to minors to preventing sales revenue from going to criminal enterprises, gangs and cartels and preventing the diversion of marijuana outside of states where it is legal under state law.

The announcement follows comments in December by President Barack Obama, who said it does not make sense for the federal government to go after recreational drug users in a state that has legalized recreational use of small amounts of marijuana.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

bawfuls posted:

It's still a bit vague though. Are they going to give banks and other financial institutions the go ahead to work with these state-compliant businesses?

This article from CNN has an admittedly vague paragraph on that topic:

quote:

The new guidelines don't change federal money laundering rules, meaning that some large banks may still be leery of doing business with marijuana producers and sellers. However, Justice Department officials said there is some leeway for banks to provide services to such businesses, so long as they don't violate the eight priorities being assigned to federal prosecutors.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/29/politics/holder-marijuana-laws/index.html

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

mintskoal posted:

Am I the only one here who is OK with those 8 guidelines? I mean replace the word marijuana with alcohol, tobacco or whatever else and it still seems pretty reasonable. That doesn't work with "preventing marijuana possession or use on federal property", although I can understand that one as it's still illegal according to the federal government.

It seems like this thread wouldn't be happy unless pot was rescheduled tomorrow, which won't happen. Celebrate the baby steps kids.

Nope, I'm perfectly fine with the 8 guidelines as they all also fall squarely into line with the individual state laws. In a way, it'll kind of be the Feds enforcing the state's laws, as opposed to the other way around.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah, I know several people here in CO that voted for Romney, and for Amendment 64. Most of them don't smoke (at least not anymore) but knew plenty of people who do, and saw no reason to vote No on it.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I don't hate other states, I just feel sorry for them because Colorado is obviously superior :smug:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Colorado approved the pot taxes today. T-minus two months (ish) till we have pot stores. Life in the Centennial State is good. :350:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Apparently, there will be a grand total of 8 retail marijuana stores opening on New Year's Day, along with 30 growers and four infused product manufacturers...although it looks like many many more will follow shortly after.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/370604/339/Pot-sellers-prepare-for-Jan-1

9news posted:

DENVER - Denver will begin issuing retail marijuana licenses to businesses.

The Department of Excise and Licenses will issue the first licenses beginning at 8 a.m. Friday in a government step that clears the way for marijuana stores to open Jan. 1.

Denver is one of 19 municipalities and seven counties that will allow retail sales of pot to those 21 and older under voter approved Amendment 64.

Denver officials say 42 businesses have cleared the state and city legal hurdles to open New Year's Day. Of those businesses, eight are retail shops, 30 are growers and four are infused product manufacturers.

The state's Marijuana Enforcement Division has approved 348 marijuana business licenses in Colorado, but most won't be open Wednesday because of local licensing requirements.

Colorado residents 21 and up can buy one ounce of weed. If you're from out of state, a quarter of an ounce can only be purchased.

EDIT: Upon re-reading the article, it's not entirely clear (to me) whether there will be 8 retail stores statewide, or if that's just in Denver. I'll keep looking.

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 27, 2013

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

Just Denver. A complete list of entities issued a license in time for Jan 1 operation will be posted by 5pm MST here: http://www.denvergov.org/businesslicensing/DenverBusinessLicensingCenter/RetailMarijuana/tabid/445028/Default.aspx

Here is a the list of applicants: http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/193384971?width=980

Gotcha. Since this is on the City of Denver's website, I assume this map won't include anything outside the Denver area? (I'm in Greeley and trying to figure out if anyone up here will be open on the 1st; at least one dispensary in town has been issued a license but hasn't said if they'll be open on the 1st or not)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

hahahahaha sorry pal but Greeley and the rest of Weld County (and practically every other red county in the state) banned retail sales the second they could. you'll have to make the drive to Denver for the foreseeable future. Fort Collins doesn't even allow it yet. check that second link I posted. notice how 90% of the list is Denver, and the rest is predominately ski towns?

Wait, the list of approved recreational retail shops (in your second link) shows two in Garden City, which is right next to Greeley (one's actually listed in Greeley for some reason but it advertises as being in Garden City, don't know why) and Garden City is in Weld County. It also shows one in Fort Collins. You're right that Greeley did, though. And that one's pretty recent...

EDIT: I guess those ones could've been issued state licenses, but not municipal ones, since you have to get licenses from both.

quote:

move out of redneck colorado, dude.

The day I graduate, if not sooner.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah Garden City is, for all intents and purposes, a part of Greeley. The mayor actually cited the city's origins as a speakeasy town in his explanation to allow recreational pot sales. They'll get plenty of business from the college student/grad population here, smoking is widespread enough among that demographic that I'm somewhat caught off guard when I meet someone that doesn't smoke.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

Greeley is such a shithole. It's the worst part of Colorado by far. Hell even the podunk 500 people towns near the Kansas border have more character and charm than Greeley. Whenever people start bitching about how terrible Pueblo or wherever is I just say "oh man you haven't been to Greeley yet have you"?

Yep, I'm planning on moving to Denver as soon as possible after I graduate.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Install Windows posted:

Surely the gas and time to get down and back is going to eventually be much less than you were spending getting illegal weed before anyway.

Oh, I'm moving for plenty of other reasons, I didn't even consider this an issue until I had already made up my mind. It'll just be a nice perk :)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The Denver Post has published a list of the dispensaries that have told them they'll be opening tomorrow, as well as a few others that will be opening in the coming months. Looks like one of the Garden City dispensaries is opening, so not all hope is lost for residents of Greeley :woop:

quote:

A definitive list of Colorado shops open for recreational marijuana sales on New Year's Day is difficult to nail down — some shops are still waiting for licensing, or other items, and may not decide until the last minute. By law, none can open before 8 a.m. Wednesday.

The following Denver shops tell The Denver Post they plan to begin selling recreational marijuana on Wednesday:

Open on Jan. 1 in Denver

• CitiMed, 1640 E. Evans Ave.

• Dank Colorado, 3835 Elm St.

• Denver Kush Club, 2615 Welton St.

• Evergreen Apothecary, 1568 S. Broadway

• The Grove, 74 Federal Blvd.

• The Green Solution, 2601 W. Alameda Ave.

• The Green Solution, 4400 Grape St.

• The Healing House Denver, 2383 Downing St.

• The Health Center, 1736 Downing St.

• Kindman, 4125 Elati St.

• LoDo Wellness, 1617 Wazee St.

• Medicine Man Denver, 4750 Nome St.

• The Shelter, 4095 Jackson St.

• 3D Cannabis Center, 4305 Brighton Blvd.

The following shops licensed outside Denver tell The Post they are expected to open on Wednesday, along with others that may or may not get the doors open, and more planning to begin sales later.

Open on Jan. 1:

• Alpenglow Botanicals, Breckenridge

• Alpine Wellness, Telluride

• Alternative Medical Supplies, Black Hawk

• Annie's Tobacco Emporium, Central City

• Bioenergetic Healing Center, Frisco

• BotanaCare LLC, Northglenn

• Breckenridge Cannabis Club

• Bud Med Health Center, Edgewater

• Cloud 9 Caregivers, Garden City

• Green Grass LLC, Central City

• High Country Healing, Silverthorne

• High Country Healing II, Alma

• Marisol Therapeutics, Pueblo

• Milagro Wellness Healing, Dumont

• Patients Choice, 2517 Sheridan Blvd, Edgewater

• Serene Wellness, Empire

• Telluride Bud Company, Telluride

• Telluride Green Room, Telluride

• The Kine Mine, Idaho Springs

• The Greener Side, Pueblo

May be open on Jan. 1, but it could be later:

• Ever-green Herbal Remedies, Idaho Springs.

• Organix, Breckenridge.

Planning to open later:

• Nature's Herbs & Wellness Center, Garden City, opening in March

• Cloud City Compassionate Care, Leadville, opening soon after Jan. 1

• Silver Peak Apothecary, Aspen, expects to open around Feb. 1

• Natural Choice Coop, Steamboat Springs, expects to open Feb. 10

• Nature's Herbs & Wellness Center, Garden City, opening in March

• Rocky Mountain Remedies, Steamboat Springs, opening by mid-January

• Sunrise Solutions, Bailey, expects to open by mid-January

• Green Solution, Northglenn, expects to open mid-January

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

TheRamblingSoul posted:

Doesn't the Venn diagram between skiers/snowboarders and weed smokers nearly completely overlap?

Pretty much, yeah.

Also lol @ that article. "The people who live this type of lifestyle can’t afford to support resorts like Vail"...except apparently they can, by virtue of the fact that they're there in the first place. This guy's got his nose so far in the air he could use it as a snorkel.

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 2, 2014

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

19 o'clock posted:

For the record: the mountains have collapsed, dogs and cats are living together, people are being smote en masse, God and country are pissed. This is the end of days, folks!

FINALLY. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

NurhacisUrn posted:

Woah woah woah. I never said anything about the other drugs being harmless. I did say that if Dr. Big Pharma is gonna push a TNF disarming medication like Adalimumab for psoriasis, then goddamnit, John Q. Public should be allowed to choose a little amphetamine, or some DMT for their time off work. The doctor didn't give a twopenny gently caress about the dangers of Adalimumab when prescribing that, so why shouldn't someone who does know the dangers about some recreational drug use not be allowed to make an informed decision?

Personal anecdote time: I have Crohn's Disease and this past summer had a flare-up, and was prescribed Humira (Adalimumab) to treat it; however, thanks to the magic of insurance (or lack thereof) and doctor appointment times it was quite a while between the time I first started experiencing bad symptoms and the time I got the Humira; in the meantime, I used cannabis to treat my symptoms, and while it didn't get rid of them completely, I'm fairly certain cannabis usage was the only thing that kept me out of the hospital and still going to work. (I wasn't even going to work high; the cannabis' anti-inflammatory properties seemed to be continuous as long as I smoked it every night.)

• Locked thread