Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It could be that Soros either figures he's too old to give a poo poo what fascists say about him or that he thinks suing networks like Fox for their lies would make the problem worse - "See? Soros is so scared that we're uncovering the truth that he's trying to sue to shut us up!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Larryb posted:

So does Soros just not give a poo poo that he's been turned into a Right Wing boogeyman over the past decade or so (I don't know if he's ever actually commented on it personally in any capacity)?

I mean he both has and hasn't. While he does definitely get a lot of hate, it's also worth noting that he's a cipher. 'Soros' is just a way of saying 'the Jews' without saying 'the Jews.' Like while there's some misogyny involved in hatred of Hillary - to put it mildly - Hillary isn't like a cipher for feminism in abstract the way Soros is for antisemitism.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/01/oan-panics-as-directv-drops-network-asks-viewers-to-find-dirt-on-att-chairman/

OAN host Dan Ball on Monday night urged viewers to dig up "dirt" on AT&T Board Chairman William Kennard

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Murgos posted:

quote:

WASHINGTON — The federal case against InfoWars host Owen Shroyer will proceed after a federal judge ruled Thursday the Justice Department was not vindictively prosecuting him for participating in the Capitol riot.
Shroyer, an Austin, Texas, resident and host of “The War Room with Owen Shroyer” on the far right-wing site InfoWars, was charged in August with four misdemeanor counts, including entering a restricted grounds and disorderly conduct.

Important to note that one of the other charges, and maybe the only one that will obviously stick, is parole violation after falling to complete his court-mandated community service.

e: this might actually be a state charge. Not sure. Comes up a lot on KF that his parole violation is the reason he got locked up.

I'm not an advocate for the carceral state, so this is still problematic for me. Putting unapologetic, white supremacist, agitating weirdos in jail just makes jails look good when they are not.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 21, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Eh there are a lot of problems in the world. I’ll let putting nazi hate mongers who spew lies because the truth contradicts them into a fundamentally flawed jail system slide for a while.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I just think it's as simple as George Soros is rich and does what he thinks is right with his money based on his life experience. He doesn't have to defend himself against the likes of Hannity and Carlson.

Murgos posted:

OAN host Dan Ball on Monday night urged viewers to dig up "dirt" on AT&T Board Chairman William Kennard

What did Kennard do? Kneel during a national anthem, forget his lapel pin or...?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 21, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BiggerBoat posted:

I just think it's as simple as George Soros is rich and does what he thinks is right with his money based on his life experience. He doesn't have to defend himself against the likes of Hannity and Carlson.

What did Kennard do? Kneel during a national anthem, forget his lapel pin or...?
AT&T is dropping OANN and from what I understand, AT&T is the only reason OANN is still around

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Hang on, lemme look at the definition of "Independent" in this New York Times dictionary - huh, it just says "Trump voter hand-picked by Frank Luntz, who also lead their discussion". Well, if that's what the dictionary says...
https://twitter.com/patrickhealynyt/status/1484139115104935936

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Piell posted:

Hang on, lemme look at the definition of "Independent" in this New York Times dictionary - huh, it just says "Trump voter hand-picked by Frank Luntz, who also lead their discussion". Well, if that's what the dictionary says...

The New York Times and the Washington Post want Trump back in power so much it's almost pathetic.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

nine-gear crow posted:

The New York Times and the Washington Post want Trump back in power so much it's almost pathetic.
Ratings/traffic/ad sales across all media were way up under Trump. With Biden, they've resumed their long-term decline.

Not hard to figure out the mainstream media's motivation for wanting to see Trump back in the Oval Office

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Piell posted:

They're literally all whining about how defunding the police is bad what the gently caress is this garbage

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The more “loudly-engaged independent voter” vibes someone has the worst their opinions, but the selection criteria is comically skewed. They should at least throw some McCain/Biden voters in there.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

AT&T is dropping OANN and from what I understand, AT&T is the only reason OANN is still around

bold move to bite the hand that shoved dark money up OAN's hole.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also OANN was founded/started by AT&T; which I guess means some of the talent missed the memo where they're being flushed because they've outlived their usefulness.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Soros already dealt with the original Nazis so I assume his tolerance for what does and does not get to him is pretty high.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Are OAN and OANN the same thing?
Either way I see the name and think "The Onion"

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

HootTheOwl posted:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It took me months to disassociate those two

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

I just see "ONAN" which feels far more appropriate for a network designed to jack off Trump's ego

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Soros is stupid rich he's kinda divorced from this stuff bothering him.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Idaho Republicans now telling Mike to just STFU
They've spent money refuting his claims and want compensation.
They also want him to take down all the claims regarding Idaho off his site.

"Officials in Idaho have sent a cease-and-desist letter to MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, demanding that he stop pushing baseless claims that there was widespread voter fraud in their state.

The letter was sent on Tuesday by Idaho Secretary of State Lawerence Denney and the state's Attorney General Lawrence Wasden to Lindell. The letter, seen by Insider, also came appended with an invoice for $6,558.83 — requesting that Lindell compensate the secretary of state's office for the funds it spent on debunking his claims. "

Mike says, no.

https://twitter.com/LorieMeacham/status/1484684732143005697

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Murgos posted:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/01/oan-panics-as-directv-drops-network-asks-viewers-to-find-dirt-on-att-chairman/

I’d be ok with that, rich people suck.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

HootTheOwl posted:

One America News Network, they both refer to the same thing

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

OgNar posted:

Idaho Republicans now telling Mike to just STFU
They've spent money refuting his claims and want compensation.
They also want him to take down all the claims regarding Idaho off his site.

"Officials in Idaho have sent a cease-and-desist letter to MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, demanding that he stop pushing baseless claims that there was widespread voter fraud in their state.

The letter was sent on Tuesday by Idaho Secretary of State Lawerence Denney and the state's Attorney General Lawrence Wasden to Lindell. The letter, seen by Insider, also came appended with an invoice for $6,558.83 — requesting that Lindell compensate the secretary of state's office for the funds it spent on debunking his claims. "

Mike says, no.

https://twitter.com/LorieMeacham/status/1484684732143005697

If I were a dem operative I would absolutely waste millions and millions of dollars trying to make it look like Trump whipped our rear end slightly less badly in Idaho.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1484723825606479872?s=21

Lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
my loving god how does a regressive boomer have this poo poo on and not go "huh maybe my truth god channel has gone too far?"

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Tucker doesnt want to go drinking with the Brown M&Ms.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

my loving god how does a regressive boomer have this poo poo on and not go "huh maybe my truth god channel has gone too far?"

Because it still lets them get what they really want, their daily two minutes hate. Whatever factual nonsense Carlson vomits up in his latest verbal diarrhea is meaningless. It's not the message. The message is 'look at this thing you hate, you are absolutely right for hating it, and that makes you a good person'

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How is parody and satire supposed to compete with this?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's Biden's fault that the M&Ms don't give me a boner anymore!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5fuDpQkVU

Except it's about the brown M&M.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Remember the green M&M? Now there's an M&M that every red blooded American patriot wanted to bang the absolute poo poo out of.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
YouTube started recommending me clips from Megan Kelly's new show and her 'Thanks but no thanks!' segment was dedicated to the M&M poo poo. Maybe she was always like this, but she seems to be really leaning in hard with the overly condescending delivery. Sort of like a Proud Karen I guess some could say. She also likes to drop F bombs into schtick. If really looks forced.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveKrak/status/1484659786092273665

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wait new show?

did she leave MSNBC and finally try being a solo supa star on the web or some other poo poo regressive webshit or is she still trying to be the """"""""reasonable""""""""""""" white regressive lady to libs?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PhazonLink posted:

wait new show?

did she leave MSNBC and finally try being a solo supa star on the web or some other poo poo regressive webshit or is she still trying to be the """"""""reasonable""""""""""""" white regressive lady to libs?
Her pivot to the mainstream fizzled, so now she's back on the wingnut media wagon (at a much lower profile).

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rip Testes posted:

YouTube started recommending me clips from Megan Kelly's new show and her 'Thanks but no thanks!' segment was dedicated to the M&M poo poo. Maybe she was always like this, but she seems to be really leaning in hard with the overly condescending delivery. Sort of like a Proud Karen I guess some could say. She also likes to drop F bombs into schtick. If really looks forced.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveKrak/status/1484659786092273665

you tricked me into watching about 30 seconds of whatever that was, so fair game to you

she should have clung to the daytime television gravy train

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I too want that 30s back please.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The only upside to this is that "woke M&Ms" is the kind of incredibly stupid and goofy poo poo that seems right up Mildred's alley so here's to hoping we get a good Thought Slime video from this.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

selec posted:

I’d be ok with that, rich people suck.

If it were a good faith request to people who weren't willing to just blatantly fabricate and lie to meet their ends I'd agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

PhazonLink posted:

wait new show?

She was on NBC, and yes she was always that bad. In 2008 she was one of the bigger mouthpieces on Fox promoting the myth that ACORN stole the election for Obama, in addition to doing dozens upon dozens of segments about a story of 3 black men yelling threats outside of a Philadelphia voting station, even though they were arrested that day and charges were filed. However one of them was holding a club, charges against the other two unarmed men were dropped, but this alone was evidence enough that Obama's DoJ was protecting the black panthers or something in order to swing inner-city Philadelphia away from McCain.

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 23, 2022