Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I see that sedanchair is realizing the faking being a black person isn't working out and is now devolving into being just another lovely troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Lol if you think gun nuts would ever submit to a psychiatric review before getting their firearms. And I say this as a gun owner.

Yeah but it would at least be helpful if pro-gun control politicians would push stuff like this that gun nuts would hate instead of completely worthless legislation like the assault weapons ban which gun nuts also hate.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If you already have ammo bought while the stuff was legal, are you suddenly a criminal?

There is a trick to this: If you are ever arrested and your house searched, they can throw charges on if they find the ammo in the house. Sure, you can easily get those dismissed, but it's just ammo for a prosecutor.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

MaxxBot posted:

Yeah but it would at least be helpful if pro-gun control politicians would push stuff like this that gun nuts would hate instead of completely worthless legislation like the assault weapons ban which gun nuts also hate.

The assault weapons ban, through its uselessness, undermines future attempts at gun regulation.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

I know plenty of liberals who are all about worthless feelgood legislation.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Guilty Spork posted:

I dunno. Where are the men actually doing something about workplace deaths rather than merely using it as a contrived cudgel against feminists?

I believe those are called "unions" and "OSHA."

ED: But they also include women. Dammit feminists!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Good Citizen posted:

Ha ha ha ha, what a boob

Hahahaha how dare the media burn him using his own goddamn words. Guess this is basically republicans.txt at this point.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
If we must have executions I unironically favor using the guillotine over the crazy cocktail that's widely used now. After reading about the botched executions I can't help but fear that many of those who are executed don't die painlessly, they're just paralyzed until they suffocate.

'Course if I could have what I wanted I'd abolish capital punishment, but you know.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Even with the guillotine, I think there were cases of people retaining consciousness for up to 15 minutes after their heads got sliced off.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

quote:

"I simply have decided I'm not going to really talk about that issue anymore because every time I'm gaining momentum, the political press says, 'Let's talk about gay rights.' And I'm just not going to fall for that anymore," Carson said.
So he basically admits that he can't talk about it without saying something incredibly stupid. Well at least he's straightforward about it.

site posted:

I see that sedanchair is realizing the faking being a black person isn't working out and is now devolving into being just another lovely troll.
If memory serves he's always been obsessed with gun rights, this is hardly a new thing.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Even with the guillotine, I think there were cases of people retaining consciousness for up to 15 minutes after their heads got sliced off.
Those are just autonomous responses by the body, eyes flicking around, mouth opening and closing etc. in actuality once the blood flow to the brain stops you're unconscious within 30 seconds and dead within 90.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 5, 2015

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Shoot them in the back of the head. Quick. As painless as we can do it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

If memory serves he's always been obsessed with gun rights, this is hardly a new thing.
Wouldn't surprise me. He got outed as a whitey by posting in tfr. He's still being a poo poo troll here, though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm dying here imagining a French royal carrying on an argument with the crowd for another 15 minutes as just a head.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm dying here imagining a French royal carrying on an argument with the crowd for another 15 minutes as just a head.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
With my dying breath I curse Napoleonberg!

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

The only thing I've read to this effect was a guy who had a friend going to the guillotine and he grabbed his friends head and shouted his name and he thought the guy's eyes responded. Nothing close to 15 minutes.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

site posted:

Not great for the mental health of the executioner though. Maybe we could make a machine to do it?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dirk the Average posted:

Not great for the mental health of the executioner though. Maybe we could make a machine to do it?

Hire a chris kyle wannabe.

E: and/or give the to-be-executed an Obama mask

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I think gun laws are mostly idiotic, but what exactly is ruined for you by not being able to have steel core ammo?

Mainly cost, it was cheap surplus plinking ammo. Any rifle bullet is going to go through a police vest rated against pistol bullets like a hot knife through butter anyway, even commercial deerfucker loads. (The less said about moose or bearfucker calibers the better). Shooting somebody through a car door is something pretty much any rifle can do, steel core bullets or not.

And point of order, AR pistols are not "hacked down" ARs. They are built as pistols from the beginning. Modifying a pistol into a rifle or vice versa is a felony for reasons unknown to me.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lmao

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/03/04/after-hearing-from-nfl-star-victor-cruz-fox-new/202764

quote:

After Hearing From NFL Star Victor Cruz, Fox News Suddenly Believes In Healthy School Nutrition

Fox News championed a campaign to encourage healthy school nutrition in an interview with New York Giants player Victor Cruz, sharply contrasting with the network's long history of attacking similar efforts as government fiat.

On the March 4 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, Victor Cruz promoted Fuel Up to Play 60, the "nation's largest in-school wellness program." The initiative, a partnership between the National Football League and the National Dairy Council, aims to encourage support for school nutrition by creating "a system for increasing breakfast participation by delivering reimbursable meals to classrooms for student consumption before or during class," pointing to research that suggests offering "breakfast free to all children improve[s] student achievement, diets and behavior."

Cruz's campaign received a warm welcome by the Fox & Friends co-hosts who donned Cruz jerseys while interviewing him during National School Breakfast Week. Co-host Steve Doocy lauded Cruz for working to ensure "every kid in America is eating a healthy breakfast." Co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck praised Cruz's campaign, saying, "I know how important you understand nutrition is for kids. You do so much for kids, and this Play 60 campaign that you're running with here is so important. Tell us about why breakfast really counts for kids"

But Fox's promotion of Cruz's campaign for healthy school breakfasts is curious given that Cruz was recently announced as an ambassador for first lady Michelle Obama's healthy-eating campaign, an effort that has long been derided by Fox News as government fiat, with one Fox host going so far as to imply that the first lady was too fat to be credible on nutrition. In fact, Fox & Friends co-host Doocy once blasted Obama's new nutrition standards as "the food police."

Fox also has a sordid history of attacking food security programs for children, including school breakfasts. During a 2013 Fox & Friends segment, Fox Business host Stuart Varney attacked the Obama administration for increased enrollment in food security programs, complaining that "32 million [are] getting school lunches, free or at virtually no cost. Ten million get school breakfast free or at virtually no cost. Women, infants, and children, the WIC program, 8 million there. The milk and summer food program goes to 2 million people. Farmers' market coupons are given away to nearly 2 million women and children." Fox News host Neil Cavuto argued in April 2014 that the spending in the school breakfast program was "ridiculous." The network even questioned whether students should have to work for such meals

Kids are little greedy fucks eating up all our tax money right up until one of our major corporate partners disagrees via a PR campaign.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dirk the Average posted:

This guy might be able to put something together for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyL5mAqFJds

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

site posted:

pure nitrogen asphyxiation. nitrogen avoids carbon dioxide buildup in the blood which is the cause of panic reflex associated with asphyxiation. in pure nitrogen you just peacefully fall asleep and die. you can apply sedatives beforehand if you like to sidestep the possible anxiety of sitting in a room waiting for an inevitable death. you can then vent the execution chamber to the atmosphere with no negative side effect

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 5, 2015

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

site posted:

I was being an rear end in a top hat about guns long before ignorant GBS right-wingers noticed that my skin is light, but thanks.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Popular Thug Drink posted:

pure nitrogen asphyxiation. nitrogen avoids carbon dioxide buildup in the blood which is the cause of panic reflex associated with asphyxiation. in pure nitrogen you just peacefully fall asleep and die. you can apply sedatives beforehand if you like to sidestep the possible anxiety of sitting in a room waiting for an inevitable death. you can then vent the execution chamber to the atmosphere with no negative side effect

I never understood why they haven't done this.

Plus you get around having to use incompetent "medical staff" to actually kill the condemned because of the hippocratic oath.

onemillionzombies fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 5, 2015

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

onemillionzombies posted:

I never understood why they haven't done this.

Not spiteful enough.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SedanChair posted:

I was being an rear end in a top hat about guns long before ignorant GBS right-wingers noticed that my skin is light, but thanks.
I feel for SedanChair being slighted for that picture. I'll leave my gun politics out of it. I just thought it was very unfair.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SedanChair posted:

You literally admiting to it is the first confession in the newest gbs confession thread. Shut the gently caress up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Polikarpov posted:

Mainly cost, it was cheap surplus plinking ammo. Any rifle bullet is going to go through a police vest rated against pistol bullets like a hot knife through butter anyway, even commercial deerfucker loads. (The less said about moose or bearfucker calibers the better). Shooting somebody through a car door is something pretty much any rifle can do, steel core bullets or not.

And point of order, AR pistols are not "hacked down" ARs. They are built as pistols from the beginning. Modifying a pistol into a rifle or vice versa is a felony for reasons unknown to me.
Are deer, moose and bearfucker technical terms? Can I buy a hundred round box of deluxe bearfucker ammunition?

And you're right about the AR pistols. The one I had in mind was that one that's basically an AR15 with no stock and a massively shortened barrel which is why I said hacked down. Many if them are engineered from the ground up.

Precisely. Execution isn't about getting rid of a dangerous criminal it's about letting people get revenge on someone who harmed one of their loved ones.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

This isn't hyperbole or anything, I watched a documentary about a British Peer who believed in the Death Penalty but also believed it should be humanely administered, so he set off to find out how that might best be done. He concluded nitrogen was the solution, and when he presented this conclusion - backed up by medical experts in more than one country - he was met with an extraordinary degree of anger. There were people who were deeply, personally offended by the notion of reducing the suffering involved in the Death Penalty.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mister Adequate posted:

This isn't hyperbole or anything, I watched a documentary about a British Peer who believed in the Death Penalty but also believed it should be humanely administered, so he set off to find out how that might best be done. He concluded nitrogen was the solution, and when he presented this conclusion - backed up by medical experts in more than one country - he was met with an extraordinary degree of anger. There were people who were deeply, personally offended by the notion of reducing the suffering involved in the Death Penalty.
Well obviously if they're getting the death penalty, they deserve a terrible end. If only people weren't so squeamish about actual torture... :/

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Yeah but these people whine about lethal injection being too gentle anyway. They'll just switch to whining about using nitrogen.

Besides, if they really are for the death penalty then should be much more for using nitrogen anyway given that it is completely painless and won't be hung up by cruel and unusual challenges like lethal injection is now.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Are deer, moose and bearfucker technical terms? Can I buy a hundred round box of deluxe bearfucker ammunition?
Nope, but you can buy zombiefucker ammo in the form of Hornady Zombie Max. As much as I approve of painting something green, increasing the price 200%, and selling it to idots, I wish the zombie meme would go away.

And you're right about the AR pistols. The one I had in mind was that one that's basically an AR15 with no stock and a massively shortened barrel which is why I said hacked down. Many if them are engineered from the ground up.
Actually turning a rifle into a pistol is hilariously illegal without jumping through a bunch of hoops. Ditto for pistols into rifles. Even if they are mechanically identical.

I can have an AR pistol with no stock and a short barrel and that's fine. I can have an AR rifle with a stock and a long barrel and that's fine. But if I put a stock and a long barrel on my AR pistol to make it identical to my perfectly legal AR rifle I have committed a felony. Ditto if I remove the stock and switch barrels on my AR rifle to make it identical to a legal AR pistol.

A lot of gun laws are loving dumber than poo poo.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 5, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Good Citizen posted:

quote:

"I simply have decided I'm not going to really talk about that issue anymore because every time I'm gaining momentum, the political press says, 'Let's talk about gay rights.' And I'm just not going to fall for that anymore," Carson said.
Ha ha ha ha, what a boob
"Why should I, as a politician trying to run for president, have to talk about silly and uncomfortable things like 'people's rights'?"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

site posted:

You literally admiting to it is the first confession in the newest gbs confession thread. Shut the gently caress up.

I'm sorry, what did I admit to and what am I supposed to shut up about? TIA.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So has there been a right wing reaction to NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio adding two Muslim holidays to NYC school calenders that give them the day off yet?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Good Citizen posted:

Ha ha ha ha, what a boob

Expose my bigotry once shame on you, expose my bigotry twice also shame on you.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hazo posted:

Ha ha ha ha, what a boob
"Why should I, as a politician trying to run for president, have to talk about silly and uncomfortable things like 'people's rights'?"
[/quote]

Statements like that are really telling because it makes it clear that things like "X group's rights" are only viewed as a political weapon by them, and they can't even comprehend that anyone might be genuinely interested in it as an end in itself. "They use gay rights as a weapon, we've got Christian rights." Carson would never say that it's a trap to talk about "gay rights" if he thought those rights had any merit as an end rather than a means, because he'd realize how stupid it sounds.

Another example of conservatives unintentionally revealing their disgusting nature is when they say "Why don't you protest black on black violence?" in the wake of Mike Brown, Eric Garner, etc. The implication isn't "You should protest twice as much, because both of those things matter!" It's "You shouldn't protest at all, because neither of these things matter." It's hosed up and I don't think they even realize they're saying it.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 5, 2015

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Now that liberals are winning, gay rights are no longer a threat to civilization, just a distraction.

I don't know who freaks me out more, the insane bigots, or the people who aren't but will vote for a guy who says Hitler was too lenient on gays because they like the way they say "jobs" more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

So your argument for why dangerous rounds shouldn't be banned isn't any argument for the sake of recreational shooting anything like that, it's "they aren't used in crimes very often along with "I don't really see any particular reason too."

Those are strong arguments my friend.

So then explain how these rounds are dangerous. Unsupported statements are pretty much what we're fighting against here.

That's the "pistol" the BAFTE is basing the new regulations on. They're exclusively toys for people with more money than sense. If there aren't a lot of cops getting shot with them, which there aren't, the legislation is just chum in the water for the NRA crowd.

Locobono fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 5, 2015