Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Pick something difficult. You know, hard to mock or whatever.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Maybe Ted Cruz should listen to some older country that dealt with the "working man" and was pretty pro-union, anti-poverty, and sometimes even pro-environment. Alabama would be a good band for him to listen to.

I am guessing he only likes stupid country like "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" or Bro Country.

He doesn't listen to any of that poo poo. He listens exclusively to the sound of his own farts.

Seriously it's the most nakedly pandering answer I've heard in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

Thank you, Smoothrich. I appreciate your post.

Said no one ever

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

Obdicut posted:

Sorry, are you citing your own terrible posting and crazy ideas about poo poo as a reason why teachers are bad? You're calling yourself a questionable contribution to society?

It's a convincing argument I'll give him that.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
I dislike hillary because she voted for the war in Iraq and sat on the board of Walmart. Each of those things is an automatic disqualifier to me but that being said, I'm sure I'll enthusiastically pull the lever for her in the general when she runs against trump/palin or whatever.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Some folks really need a Just World and will contort and lie and everything else to make sure they get one. Not just a right wing thing either, conspiracy nuts are basically doing the same thing.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Teller has a small speaking role in Atlas Shrugged: Part 2 whelp thanks for listening

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Please enjoy a "rap" song put out by the Carson campaign.

http://soundcloud.com/abcpolitics/ben-carson-radio-ad

Ohohoho and a country song. This one kills.

https://soundcloud.com/user-304063981/this-is-america-ben-carson-campaign

TVs Patrick Duffy fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 6, 2015

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
Also sort of on topic but this lionization of Louis CK can loving die already. The guy is a serial sexual abuser and pretty much all of Hollywood is covering for him. This poo poo is going to look like Cosby again in 10 years and personally I can't wait for the Hannibal Buress moment to come around.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

But he had that bit about a woman WANTING to be raped and he was all *Louis CK confused and shocked face* about it.

Seriously though, I hadn't heard anything about him being a sexual abuser, whats that about?

I'm phoneposting but here's an okay article about Jen Kirkman calling him out on it only she can't event directly do that because it would jeapordise her career!

http://starcasm.net/archives/318469

Also, there's a story about him inviting the ladies from Garfunkle and Oates to a hotel room and then blocked the door while he masturbated but I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader to find.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I wonder if a "Debate and Discuss Comedy; Stand Up!" thread would be worth a poo poo?

I've been watching "All in the Family" reruns recently and thinking about how that show might play now. All this Louis CK, Cosby and Bill Burr stuff seems interesting, along with the so called "conservative comedians". Thinking about how much comedians have actually affected the national discourse and what's acceptable to laugh at in any given time period might be interesting to talk about.

"Comedy and Context. Offense and Intent - What's Funny?" Might make a good thread.

I agree that would be interesting. One interesting topic is how successful comedians ( and every field) use their influence and stature to coerce and silence victims as well as rally the rest of the entertainment industry around them. Cosby, CK, that pedo gently caress from the UK all were shielded, at least for a time, from their transgressions. Definitely a lot to unpack.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

fart blood posted:

There is no real evidence that Louis CK did anything though. Until women come forward and say it by name, it's a little unfair to say he is a serial sexual abuser.

Getting into derail territory but there are real, systemic reasons women don't "come forward", not just here but in harassment/assaults everywhere. These are the exact sort of statements people made about Cosby for years until it all blew up.

I'm not saying he should be jailed or have his dick cut off without due process, but once his star has waned you can guarantee women will be coming out of the woodwork. It's too bad it has to take that long

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
I have to kick in on those stupid office pools every time they come around because I honestly can't think of anything worse than those assholes winning and leaving me to rot in this shithole.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hating on NPR is legit the most tedious part of leftist bullshit I swear

This. Hating on NPR and Michael Moore from the left are tiring as gently caress. We get it too cool for school now settle down.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

Sephyr posted:

"Well, you'll be able to say you were warning people about Liberal Facism!"

:master:

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Never vote green.

I've heard a bunch of stuff about how the Green Party is anti-vax and anti-GMO but I'm not seeing anything official from them about that. Is it just the base of that party that are turds or what?

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
So the greens have in their policy platform (lol) that alternative medicine might be cool and that you shouldn't be able to patent a life form. Lordy lordy thank dick dorkins those bombshells got out. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to vote for the "leftist" candidate that voted for the war in Iraq brb

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
I saw this on Twitter:

Don't know how legit but remember the AWB was 1994-2004.

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

A good way to get nothing done about a situation is to compare it to other situations and say it's not as bad as them.

Also saying a particular strategy(banning all guns) will never work so we should never try anything.

That's the vibe I get from that photo with the other massacres, it sounds like it's saying "hey maybe it's not so bad".

I saw that chart in the context of "none of these happened during the life of the assault weapons ban." Again seems spurious but idk

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006

Von Sloneker posted:

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/745657187419230208

As you might guess without even looking, the picture is of Rep. John Lewis.

For those who don't know, Rep. Lewis is a civil rights hero who was nearly beaten to death by white racists on the march from Montgomery to Selma Alabama. For Walsh to even imply violence (even obviously for a dumb joke) is more telling than I can convey. Also he got the wrong black person :downsbravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Patrick Duffy
Dec 12, 2006
This is a good story about Milo and the alt-right in general.

https://medium.com/welcome-to-the-scream-room/im-with-the-banned-8d1b6e0b2932#.ngti8m4u9