Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

crusader_complex posted:

Respectfully, you are the caricature of a smug liberal. Your brand of entertainment TV is for smarties, whereas the other brand is for morons, you see. I shake my head at the so-called informed people citing a cable show with flashing stock tickers as good for 'fact checking'. Im sorry I besmirched the name of your favorite talking head, guys.

Does pulp magically become not pulp when delivered with correct political views? Do the producers somehow respect the audience more because they are supposedly intellectual?

Fox news basically destroyed what was left of TV news at the time, and every other station raced to copy their format (bombast and graphics). Any show that follows this format betrays the motivations of the proucers, imo. Its not to bring you the news, DUH. Stop defending the me-too efforts of people trying just as hard to pander.

For christs sake, dont get your news from TV, especially while calling everyone else a dumbass for being swayed by sound bytes.
Booooo! Someone call Amergin so we can get a threadshitter in here that actually know what he's doing!

In all seriousness though, Fox news' format isn't the problem (well okay, it's part of the problem but not the biggest one), it's the complete lack of facts. You can have graphics or "flashing stock tickers" (:rolleyes:) without it being a lovely network so long as you actually back up what you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

crusader_complex posted:

Oh, this. The most uncontested, uncontraversial part, where I am forced to accept that Maddow Is Awesome until the day she is caught smuggling oxys.
Maddow strikes me as more of a 420 gal.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

not you. i need more validation. how about this: cable news is bad. someone please argue with me so i dont have to call the suicide hotline (by which i mean CSPAN)
Oh lord, don't call them if you're suicidal, it'll just give you the motivation to finish the job!

HootTheOwl posted:

No, but I have gotten him to reply to me.
Tell that to her haircut.
gently caress you that haircut looks good on her

they are also both on tv, that has to count for something. please applaud my insight

in other news i am drunk and lonely on halloween. please quote me. please. anyone
Dribk to foget!

i always liked how at barnes and noble you could just go in and read a pile of books at the coffeeshop so long as you nursed a cheap coffee forever

thank you failing free market library
It was like a public library where you didn't have to order the obscure stuff!

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 1, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Miltank posted:

B&N are libraries that can call the police on homeless people and other undesirables.
If "undesirables" includes HS kids I'm totally okay with that.

Nintendo Kid posted:

It seems perverse to order them to sell outdated unpopular devices.

Also libraries in places that don't have a "cut all taxes all the time" mentality already stock new books, sell coffee and snacks, have great free wifi, they'll even rent out ebook readers for a minor deposit as well as lending ebooks for free. poo poo the county system for my hometown even lent out fairly recent and all back catalog VHS and then DVD movies for free for a week, and charged like $2 rental for brand new ones for 3 days. Did the same thing with CDs, most of them free for a week, new ones were $1 for 3 days.

Edit: poo poo, I just checked their website and now they have the ability to download 3 free mp3s from Sony Music's catalog every week: http://www.bcls.lib.nj.us/download-music
My library offered free ebook reader rentals and had brand new dvd rentals for free as well, provided you preordered them so you could get them before other people.

Good Citizen posted:

That idiot marine was released from Mexican prison today. I expect he'll be a guest on every single right wing outlet for months now

e: guess it was actually last night
Was he released because he served his term in full or because of people bitching? I desperately hope it was the former because gently caress the people complaining about that guy.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 1, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

How are u posted:

He's lucky he got married before his first visit to a strip club or else mr Crowder would probably be living a very different kind of life right now.
The world would've been a better place if he'd ended up getting married to Cristal (like the champagne).

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

KiteAuraan posted:

For all his talk of the Amorites and how they were judged I'd like to think he looked into what major kingdom the Amorites founded. Hint: They came and sacked Israel about a thousand years later. Also, what were the horrible sins and wickedness of the Pueblos or the O'otham that they needed to be judged by an angry deity with death by whitey?
The sin of failing the paper bag test?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Phone posted:

Speaking of right wing news, I'm in a shwarma shop and CNN is on. The topic on hand?

OBAMA, A CLOSET CONSERVATIVE???
You say this like it's slanderous or untrue?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

If the author is Bruce Bartlett, check out his twitter; it's full of slams against the modern GOP (which he refers to as "wankers" nowadays)
Seconding this recommendation. The guy's twitter is great and when Jerry Manderbilt says he refers to them as wankers he doesn't mean "occasionally, as an insult," he means it's like the dude did a find and replace for every mention of GOP or republicans with "wankers." It's pretty great.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

SedanChair posted:

I don't imagine you'd last long in Beck's entourage if you suggested that his isease-day is etend-pray. Heck it sounds like he thought he was being poisoned for a while, classic maniac-in-a-tower delusions.
Yeah, I stopped bribing his chef to do that like 9 months ago.

Kenzie posted:

What Alex Jones said about Glenn Beck is the most amazing thing. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3TPeijF9Jc&t=1208s

quote:

[Glenn Beck] is a punk
Oh god I agree with Alex Jones :shepicide:

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 11, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^
The best part of waking up is crazy in your cup?

SedanChair posted:

The Worst American.
Yeah I never should've stopped but apparently some of Beck's shilling had rubbed off because he started demanding to be paid in krugerrands.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 12, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

What the does any of this have to do with right wing media again? And why the gently caress should we care about what a bunch of nerds waving their dicks about dem bidyagames think?
Couple of right wing outlets have reported on it and giving it their support because of course they would. And in everyone's defense we're basically a bunch of nerds waving our docks about dat media so...

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Karpaw posted:

Some of you seem to think that I was getting at "casual games aren't REAL", which means you missed the point. Others dismiss my romance genre comparison by claiming that sexism is industry-wide, despite mobile/browser games appealing to women to a greater extent than men. What, are you gonna play the "internalized misogyny" card next?
If you made better points maybe they wouldn't be dismissed so quickly.

quote:

:smug:
You're the sort of person who'd poo poo their pants and then act like "no really I totally meant to do that, guys," aren't you?

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 14, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Technogeek posted:

I can't help but wonder how many of the "women are ruining my video games" crowd ever played one of the old Sierra Online adventure games. Particularly from the King's Quest or Quest for Glory series.
I've played the King's Quest games and I kind of think you're only helping the "women ruin games" argument by including it here.

Cuz that was the worst of the bullshit puzzles and pointless unpredictable deaths.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^^^
Yeah, pretty much this.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Gamers are the new Republican party demographic. :stare:
No poo poo. Also, I think a big part of it may be that a lot of the people who take games this seriously were, to put it bluntly, not the most popular people in school. They dealt with exclusion and retreated into video games to remedy that. Now that the outside world is intruding in they're fighting it tooth and nail. I'd guess that because it's basically what I did in high school and I think the main thing that kept me from going down that dark gamergate road was the fact that I had enough self awareness to get over myself and realize that my hobbies are not the sole definer of my person.

Bingo.
VVVVVV

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 14, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Being a longtime goon seems to help with the self awareness bit. It might be the culture of self-deprecation, or it might just be that idiots get banned.
So in other words There But For The Grace of Goon Go I?

I'm so happy I got to make that pun.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

Cite your sources, child man. Also it only feels like that to you because you're the kind of person as terminally unaware as to keep using a meme that's several years dead.
Allow me:

Karpaw posted:

So they're adapting very well1 and yet over the past few years, the frequency of sporadic2 SJW outrage over them has grown in what feels like3 an exponential4 manner? Okay...
1: Source: Us

2: Not a citation but saying that something sporadic is frequently occurring is an oxymoron and my inner pedant wouldn't let it slide.

3:What something feels like is not a valid source, sorry.

4: source: dictionary.com since he didn't know what exponential meant.

Additional sources used:
*Karpaw's rectum.
*Half remembered points borrowed from other gamergate morons.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 14, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

That is going to be the stupidest goddamn book that I will ever read cover to cover.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

Don't you get a little worried the day after these "last straw" moments? Like that unhitched couple six months back that thought they were kicking off The Revolution with killing a cop that was just enjoying some fast food. Every tiny seismic political event is going to set off one disgruntled employee out there.
I've gotten so used to mass shootings that it just feels...uneventful...now.

And it's really loving depressing to admit that. Like, I've pretty much come to accept that there's a fair chance that at some point I or someone I know will end up getting shot by some nutter with too much access to firearms and too little access to mental care.

Goddamn it, why does it have to be way too early for me to start drinking?
VVVVV

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 21, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Ninjasaurus posted:

As a white person, I fully support my ethnicity being bred out of existence so the USA can become browner and browner. :getin:
:hfive: You and me both, man. Commence the miscegenation!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

fade5 posted:

I wonder if I should get in on the right-wing book racket and write a book like "Surviving the Racial Apocalypse: Learning to live as a white person in a majority-minority city/nation". (The text would be: "Just live your goddamn life and don't worry about it, enjoy Fiesta and the local food." repeated over and over for 200 pages.)
You should probably also include a section on "If a man who fails the paper bag test asks you for directions, he's probably not trying to mug you, don't shoot him."

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

LaughMyselfTo posted:

IDK. I fully support all forms of interaction between people of different races, but I kinda like how people of different races look, including my own? I hate any form of segregation, but I'd also hate to wake up in a time capsule in the future and discover that there aren't any white people is what I'm saying I guess. I have no objection to my own descendants being mixed, but it'd be sad for Caucasians to go the way of Neanderthals - just in an aesthetic way, not a moral way, of course. I mean, like, nonwhite people are nice and all, but wouldn't they get boring if they were all that was left? The other thing I guess I'm saying is that white women are loving hot? I don't say that in some racist way, like I think they're objectively more attractive or something. I just have a goddamn fetish, okay? And I'd be upset if my fetish became for a group of people who no longer exist.

In case it's not clear, I am white myself, just so you know.
Okay I understand what you're trying to say and I kind of agree but holy poo poo could you have phrased that any worse?

For reference he's saying that he likes the attractive qualities of white women and is kind of worried that in the future said attractive qualities might start to disappear as people of all races start to intermingle more and wow there really is no way to say this without sounding like you're against race mixing huh?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

This isn't really related to the current topic, but I still love your avatar/username so much.
I grabbed the username like 2 minutes after Mike Huckabee said it and before another person that wanted it as well. I made a post or two gently gloating about it and within 5 minutes someone had made the avatar and paid for my avatar change. I still don't know who did it and I want to thank them because I loved it then and I still love it now. It's perfect and I can't see myself ever changing it :allears:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

We should abort the discussion?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

FMguru posted:

AV Club has an article up on movies that were made for the sole purpose of not losing control of a purchased option, and the recent Atlas Shrugged trilogy naturally took pride of place. Here's the details:
I'm pretty well done with the whole Gen X/MST3K enthusiasm for intentionally watching bad movies, but I just might make an exception for Atlas Shrugged III.
I just love the irony of the free market soundly rejecting Atlas Shrugged and the funder just refusing to give up on it.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

radical meme posted:

From the U.S. Poltics November thread:

Ha! We're all hosed.
Maybe you are. I'm just gonna go around telling people my writings are in the library of congress :smug:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I've recently had a sneaking suspicion that a more elaborate troll may be going on...one where the troll's victims are also in on the act and I am the fool. :lost:
drat, we've been found out!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Ankle-biter posted:

I only post in hopes of converting even one vote from democrat to republican. I was young and dumb like you once, but I got older and the older you get the more conservative you get (if you have a brain). I don't know how to sell it to you other then referencing candy. You like candy, yes? Is it good to eat candy all the time? No. If you are given free candy do you feel obligated to eat it...if you are a liberal you answer yes. The government will keep giving you candy as long as you do what it wants. You get addicted and will do anything for candy. You elect a president because he promises candy. You elect him again because he apologies and promises even more candy. You know you could have bought your own candy and could pick what candy you get if you just worked for it, but it's easier to hope for free candy.

There is no hope and candy. Obama lied and you still want candy and you blame the GOP as candy blockers.. There never was any candy. Do you know how much candy we could have gotten with the TRILLIONS Obama has spent? Do the math and kiss your chocolate kisses goodbye.
I'm inequalitygodzilla and this is my favorite post on the something awful forums :allears:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

SedanChair posted:

This little blurb is like a mind virus. I see it everywhere, spelled and punctuated exactly as it is here. Has anybody tracked down its origins?
Yeah! I totally agree! Asia for the Asians, Africa for the Africans and send all the white people back to Europe so Native Americans and latinos can repopulate the US, as God meant it to be!

...That is what he meant, right?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Yeah thats a pretty good beard, he just has tiny lips and it looks funny
Not gonna lie he looks far, FAR better with the beard than without. Without he looks like he should be following Mr. Frodo to Mordor.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm for putting Charles C Johnson and James O'Keefe in a room that would be flooded with increasing amounts of UV radiation and seeing which one taps out first.
Come on man, that's not even a question. Johnson's a ginger, he'd fry like an egg.

Mister Macys posted:

Looks like a younger version of the guy from "In Bruges", to be honest.
Brendan Gleeson or Colin Farrel? Cuz I can kind of see A young Gleeson but he was actually handsome in his youth iirc.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 11, 2014

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

The obvious solution is to dissolve the police force and let the free market decide what's best. We should start with Detroit, and maybe give a robotics company a little tax break to do some experimenting.

This idea has no flaws.
I'd say that opportunity passed in the 80's. the new tech just isn't as good.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Because the family dog is just a stumbling block.

As if anyone didn't know, Sarah Palin is trash.

I've been tripped enough time by my knee-height dog coming to stand directly behind me to say yeah, I kind of see the joke she was going for. Still shouldn't step on your dog, trigonometry.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah, I don't think they're going to be able to top that until one of the kids inevitably gets caught smoking meth
That or cooking it.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The lesson learned from this page should be that there is absolutely no qualifier, political or otherwise, that will stop a set of internet comments from being really really lovely.
The sun will rise, the tides will go in and out, the Earth will spin, and internet comments will be made by lovely people. It's a fundamental law of nature.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

There's sushi chefs at (no joke) grocery stores out in the middle of ohio.

Conservatives are truly losing the "Culture War".
I live in Cleveland and one time went on a weekend vacation to a friend's family farm into the southern half of the state. The trip involved going down some tiny state highway for several hours, then getting off it onto unpaved roads, then traveling on those for another hour before finally settling in some podunk town in the center of Amish country, a little bit southeast of the middle of nowhere. Even in that tiny backwater they had a loving sushi bar. Not good sushi, mind you, but sushi.

Her view of America, not unlike her personal politics, is stuck at least 30 years in the past.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's just contemporary conservatism in a nutshell though. The right believes that the 1950's was the peak of America and have no idea why everybody doesn't want to just lock America into that decade forever. That or they worship the 19th century. I wonder what the 1950's and 1800's have in common that they love so much. Oh right, rampant, overt racism, economic imperialism by the rich, and white guys having all the fun while everybody else gets the scraps.
I realize that, I was saying that while most conservatives worship the 50's and want to go back to them, they are smart enough to realize that things have changed quite a bit. She genuinely doesn't seem to get that sushi bars are utterly commonplace now.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

But we can dream of Louie as the speaker, can't we?

:allears:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I'll have you know that Major Dildos is a hero that served honorably with my father in The War. "Old Twenty Four" we called him.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Can't it be both?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

one day there will be a supercarrier or a railgun cruiser called the U.S.S. Barack Hussein Obama and there is nothing conservatives will be able to do about it.

I wonder how much turmoil there was when the Cesar Chavez was commissioned
I really hope he gets some ridiculously over powered experimental weapon named after him or something. The sort of thing military nuts would've been creaming their pants over otherwise.

USS island-sized dreadnought Barack H. Obama

War of the worlds style deathray tripod Barack H. Obama

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

I hope he gets something that sounds really cool in theory but is ultimately ineffective because at least it would be in character.
Orbital laser superweapon that we never actually get to fire in a combat scenario?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

^^^^
I should have refreshed the page. I totally want to see Metal Wolf with a giant Obama O on it!

Screaming Idiot posted:

I want to live in a world where Metal Gear OBAMA exists.
I hadn't even considered this and yeah, I think that's easily the best possible option.

"A nuclear strike just hit the enemy!"
"Thanks, Obama!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

As an aside, many of the "Great American Criminals" (like Jesse James) weren't stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, they were just hardcore ex-Confederates. Which American folk heroes aren't racist?
:killdozer:?