Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Jack Van Impe has been doing his thing for years. Whenever I catch him on I have to at least watch for a few minutes just to see which current events indicate the end times are upon us this week. I feel pretty bad for the folks that watch him unironically.

The Clear Channel talk reminded me of when local news stations owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group were required to show a one minute "conservative" commentary at the end of their newscasts called "The Point" with Mark Hyman. Hyman is the Vice President for Corporate Relations for Sinclair and used his time to be a smug douche. Thanks to this thread I've remembered that he no longer taints our local news. This is good. There is hope.

I wanted to link some old videos of "The Point" but I can't locate anything. Kind of weird. I thought it would be out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

beatlegs posted:

The same, only he went after Bush critics instead of Obama. He said the usual sexist/racist things. His low point was probably when he called troops who were critical of the Iraq invasion "phony troops". When he got called out he cowered and claimed he only meant one specific soldier who spoke out.

There's a video of him losing his poo poo on his radio show the day after the '08 election. If you can find it, watch it because it's beautiful.

Is it the "water-carrying" remarks? I think I remember that the day after.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAPIKcuBn5U

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Hey Dittoheads, who is ready for a Limbaugh movie?

quote:

Actor and outspoken liberal John Cusack is developing a movie about conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, Cusack's production company said Friday.

The working title is "Rush," Cusack's New Crime Productions confirmed, offering no other details.

Hollywood director Betty Thomas, who's set to work on the film, said the production company is putting finishing touches on a script that will star the actor. Production is set for next year, Thomas said.

Limbaugh is in the front ranks of colorful and provocative media figures. Earlier this year, Limbaugh called a Georgetown law student a "slut" and a "prostitute" on air for arguing to Democrats in Congress that health plans should pay for contraception.

This week, the host mocked Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie for his "bromance" with Obama after Christie praised the president's response to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

Cusack as Limbaugh isn't typecasting, politics aside. Cusack is a slender, dark-haired 46-year-old, while Limbaugh is 61, balding and portly. But Hollywood's makeup experts have probably had greater challenges.

A publicist for Limbaugh said Friday he would check with the host for comment. The agency representing Cusack, Creative Artists Agency, declined comment on the project.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57544736/john-cusack-developing-rush-limbaugh-film/

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Walter posted:

Levin is a loon. As I listened last night on the way home, he was referring to Chuck Hagel as "Schmagel" (presumably because Hagel is Jewish?), Joe Scarborough as "Jo Schmo," and MSNBC as "MSLSD." Repeatedly. Like a kid who won't stop saying the punchline to a stupid joke because he's convinced that it gets funnier the more times it's said.

Limbaugh does the name calling a lot as well. I suspect that the repetition is intentional to cause the listener to associate negative adjectives with whatever the noun target is. I've found it working on me in real life. Limbaugh always refers to the Huffington Post as "The Huffington and Puffington Post" and for the life of of me I can't not say that in my head whenever I hear or read the words "Huffington Post".

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of music, I had Andy Dean on a minute ago and he was playing "Can't Stop" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who I'm pretty sure are anything but conservative. Their use of theme music pisses me off no end. From Springsteen, to Prince, The Pretenders and Rage Against the Machine.

Stop ruining good songs, conservative radio hosts. Make your own loving music. Or at least steal crap from assholes like Ted Nugent and Kid Rock.

I love the fact that Michael Savage's intro starts out with Metallica's "Master of Puppets". Not too subtle eh? Anyone know how long he's been doing it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpakey1fb2s

Edit: Heh, those explosions are new since I've listened to him. The song used to play through that portion.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Dennis Miller called water boarding a "fraternity prank."

That's an old recycled Limbaugh line. Dennis Miller is terrible at being terrible.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Limbaugh Chat: FYI Google taught Obama how to astroturf last campaign season. So...most communications to representatives from "constituents" concerning the effects of the sequester are the result of Google teaching Obama how to astroturf.

That's some weak poo poo right there.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Limbaugh Chat: He recognizes that comment sections on blogs/websites are terrible places filled with half thought out drivel. He also read some article in Forbes that said that most of these posters in terrible comment sections where in fact Democrats so there ya go, suck it Libs! :pseudo:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

foot posted:

"the" Southern Accent

You know the one.
Listen to this southern redneck withe marbles in his mouth, I can't even understand what he is saying!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okSJlwXhCQM&feature=player_detailpage#t=40s

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

watt par posted:

He has a pretty noticeable piedmont accent.

redmercer posted:

Intelligent people manage to squash down the accent. I bet it would come through if someone managed to piss him off enough

The angle I was going for is that people with noticeable southern accents don't necessarily sound like retards when they speak.

back on track here's a picture of Michael Savage and Allen Ginsberg:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

cheerfullydrab posted:

WWTDM is so loving awful. What exactly is the appeal? Is there something I'm missing? I know it's not exactly right-wing media, but it's just complete and utter garbage. If there's something I don't "get" about the show I'm completely ready to hear it.

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is not something I sit down and listen to every week but I do enjoy it on long car trips. The appeal for me is off the cuff jokes about current events. Also they usually have a short interview with a person of note (I wouldn't say famous, but sometimes they are). The host Peter Sagal is pretty funny and I quite enjoy the banter but I suppose the show is probably not for you if you can't enjoy a corny Paula Poundstone joke. Watt par described succinctly with "dad humor".

I saw the show live once a few years ago and I'm currently thinking about getting a WWDTM tattoo or maybe I'll just donate that money during the next public radio fund raiser. :downsrim:

For the record I can't stand Prairie Home Companion. Listening to a dude breath through his nose is not where it's at for me.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Mark Steyn is hosting the Limbaugh show today. I especially dislike him. His bits are pretty much hyperbole and sarcasm.

In the spirit of this thread I decided to finally look him up. I had always been curious as to how a British guy ended up in his situation. Welp...turns out he's Canadian. All this time I thought that accent was from overseas. I hate him more now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Steyn

edit: turns out he was educated in the UK and that's where is accent comes from.
It's just so weird how a Canadian citizen who was educated in the UK gets to talk to the Dittoheads about how terrible the Democrats are.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 11, 2013

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Jesus Christ we already did this guys. WWDTM rules, Prairie Home Companion, Splendid Table etc. drools

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

9/11 was tragic, what we did afterwards needs some other kind of word to be invented to describe how stupid and terrible it was.

I'm not usually one of those "Hey on the Daily Show..." guys but they nailed it with "catastrofuck".

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Nyyen posted:

On a less derailly note, I have been listening Rush the last few days and he has been banging on about how the new rules about helmet contact in the NFL are ruining the sport and sissifying our manly American culture. Is there any more to this issue other than the usual reactionary clap-trap of political correctness gone wild, or is there some deeper message? It seems like such an apolitical issue for him to focus on.

Typically he uses the football head injury issue as an example of how liberals want to make good things not good anymore and then uses it as a jumping off point to explain how liberals make things bad and their motivations for doing so. The following discussion is well reasoned and factually based of course.

So basically only liberals care about brain damage and that's bad because...FOOTBALL...and we ain't no pussies!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Over the last couple days Limbaugh has decided to provide a public service to his listeners by explaining what "Chopped and Screwed" remixes over and over. It's kind of bizarre as it originally came up due the discussion of a new Beyoncé song that is a nod to that genre. He was working the angle of "anything bad Beyoncé does reflects poorly on Obama because they are best pals" and the Chopped and Screwed aspect was just a small detail that he seems to have become fixated on so now he's got to show everyone how much he knows about it now and how actually he was doing Chopped and Screwed on an old radio show with the Oilers Football Team fight song. Limbaugh knows what's up.

Here's a taste:

Limbaugh posted:

RUSH: That's my point, Snerdley. Snerdley just asked me if I thought Obama has any chopped and screwed on his iPod. See, that's what I'm talking about. Obama's gonna be somewhere, there's gonna be an open mic, and he's gonna diss chop and screw or he's gonna diss Justin Timberlake's greatest CD or some such thing and the kids are gonna turn on him. It will be that kind of event that's gonna wake people up, if he comes out and disses chopped and screwed and says he wouldn't dare have it on his iPad, the number of people he will lose. And, by the way, if as a result of this program, everybody now needs to show a photo ID to buy Robitussin, don't blame that on me.

Hopefully he will have some chopped and screwed Mannheim Steamroller bumper music this Christmas season.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

totalnewbie posted:

What the gently caress is chopped and screwed and why does it have anything to do with Obama? Good lord.

Let the master explain:

Limbaugh posted:

RUSH: As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted there by the obscene profit break, chopped and screwed is a technique, just as the caller said. It remixes hip-hop music, which I'm told developed in Houston. Well, the chop and screw developed in Houston, not hip-hop. The chop and screw technique remixes hip-hop music with the kind of music that was in Houston in the 1990s in the hip-hop scene. And it's done by slowing down the tempo and skipping beats. It ends up sounding like a chopped up version of a tune, and so it's called chop and screw. There's even an app for it. You can get a chop and screw app. Chop and screw your iTunes music, you can get an app for it. Check the iTunes App Store, chop and screw your iTunes music, and you can do this mixing. It's a specific technique.

Now, this is only a factor because it was referenced by somebody in the story about Beyonce's new album, Bow Down. Well, the title song of the album, single, Bow Down, B-i-itches. And the "screwed" part, chopped and screwed, that comes from the name of the deejay who made it popular, "DJ Screw" Davis. He's the guy who popularized the remix. Robert "DJ Screw" Davis. Kid you not.

So, anyway, folks, I want you to, again, it's a request, not an admonishment. I want you to hang with me on this low-information outreach business. It's working. Well, it's like marketing. I'm not gonna give you the plan. We're just gonna execute it, which we're doing. Just hang in there, be tough.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
The thing that is the most fun to me about Rush's New Hip-Hop Show Explanation Show is that he seems more interested in proving that he's knowledgeable about remixes than he is poo poo talking Obama like normal. Him a being know-it-all is very important to him and I think gives some insight into why he does what he does. He's a show off who actually feels that he has enlightening perspectives to share based on his rudimentary understanding of a topic that he spent 5 minutes reading about on the internet. I think this can be applied to much of what he does.

greatn posted:

I was so disappointed when I found out Mr. Snerdley was a real person and not some imaginary character he talks to ail the time. I thought this for years and then one day he had him come on and talk.

His real name is James Golden and here is his picture etc.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Golden_%28radio_personality%29

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 22, 2013

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I'm sure this has come up before but all this Limbaugh sex chat is making me hot for Bill Hicks' bit on Limbaugh and sex.

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpFO4MwHUQ :nws:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mr. mephistopheles posted:

E: Hahahahahaha, this guy with a fairly light Spanish accent called in and Rush keeps saying "I can't understand what you're saying."

I was under the impression that due to Rush's hearing loss all callers' words are transcribed for him in real time.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

greatn posted:

That was before he got a cochlear implant.

I thought it was after. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he still has things transcribed for him.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Anus Dei posted:

Something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread, but which I likewise haven't been able to find in any archived form, was Limbaugh's bizarre confession some time during Bush's second term, during which he admitted that he'd been not just supporting but cheerleading policies he absolutely disagreed with, specifically the wiretapping thing (FISA, that should ring a bell). I remember hearing it played on Air America, Al Franken's show, I think, but the only specific line I recall is something like, "Yes I've been going along with these policies even though I know they go against everything I believe as a conservative. Why? Because the stakes are high, folks." I always take that into consideration whenever I see people wondering whether he believes half of the poo poo he spews.

I've searched for that clip to no avail. Does anyone remember it?

I think this is what you are talking about : http://mediamatters.org/video/2006/11/09/limbaugh-greets-democrats-as-liberators/137266

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

edit: I'm pretty sure they named Gimp "Gimp" because that's what you feel like when you use it after using Photoshop for years.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 31, 2013

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I just need to tell you guys that Limbaugh was talking about marriage today and how if the gay marriage is OK then dudes will be marrying their sons so as to pass on their inheritance without having to pay THE DEATH TAX.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I just love the dramatic jaw clench when he finally gets to the bit about fathers marrying sons. He relishes revealing his master stroke.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Pope Guilty posted:

Didn't some Republican try to float a trial balloon about referring to Iraq and Afghanistan as "Obama's wars" or something?

I think I remember this and if so I definitely had forgotten. Not sure who was saying though, that's one of the problems with all this ridiculousness, there's just so much to keep up with it could have been any one of them or 10 of them.

radical meme posted:

So what's up with Hannity all of a sudden. I don't listen to him often but I've tuned in at least 4 times over the past 2 weeks and things have changed.

Now, at least once during his program he chats up his female producer and sometimes a female intern they have in the studio.

I haven't listened to Hannity in a long time but I do recall him doing the producer thing that seemed kind of creepy sometimes...which seems to work for Howard Stern...the creepy thing. :shrug:
A man's got to make a living.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
You guys are great Americans, I was wondering...what's the take on Alex Jones? Is he working it for financial gain or is he full on crazy. He seems like he could be full on but I have no context as I've never listened to him so I'd appreciate the opinion of some AJ connoisseurs.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
From what I have heard of Rush today he seems to be working pretty hard for the NRA. Obama is using the Boston tragedy to leverage support for gun regulations blah blah blah.

Also I heard some stuff about Bill Ayers and bombs.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
President Obama was madder about his gun background check not passing the Senate than he was about Benghazi! -Limbaugh.

I think you get double points for that.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Yeah Rush touched on it as well and up thread they were talking about Beck rolling with it. If the bomber doesn't turn out to be middle-eastern this is going to turn into "When True Red Blooded Americans caught the terrorist Obama and his cronies took him and provided him with safe passage home".

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I despise Mark Steyn (Rush's sub) I can't listen to him. There is just no effort there. He makes Rush look good at what Rush does.

I also hate our local afternoon talker. He's a "libertarian" which makes him worse than just being a normal conservative shill because the formula is: liberals suck, they're so dumb, hahaha, I'm smug and smart, I'm a libertarian! Just let the free market decide libtards! Now watch me shill for the local Republican party.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODZaaMTwfg&feature=youtu.be

Glen Beck knows what's actually going on with this whole Boston bombing thing and the Saudi National so he's giving Obama :argh: until Monday to come clean or...

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I have a hard time believing Donald actually types that stuff himself. If I was him I'd pay an assistant to manage my imbecilic persona.

Edit: But here I am typing this. I guess I see the appeal.

Though I can't afford someone to manage my social media accounts.
It just seems that if I was busy and fairly well off I would have little time for dealing with the plebs.

I know it's good for business to maintain and active social media presence but when you just post dumb poo poo all the time doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? Or does Trump just enjoy being a jackass? Is he real? As in totally committed to the hair for personal reasons or just because it makes him that much more ridiculous and marketable.

This is my main draw to all this conservative punditry crap: Trying to determine whether or not these people believe what they say...are they actually the people they seem to be? Some are obvious opportunists, some seem sincere, some are just weird. What is real? :psyboom:

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 20, 2013

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

FMguru posted:

In 1993, Rush Limbaugh went on the Letterman show.

Oh wow, it's great seeing him without control. It really sheds a light on his persona and how small and ineffective it is when there's another party present to keep him in check. Thanks for sharing!

agarjogger posted:

My sister went off to school downstate (Illinois) and she comes back to my parents' place for the summer, and I guess her sorority and all the good ol boys at U of I turned her conservative, because I hear this poo poo come on her laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGTW35jWh7A

Watching that I was thinking "what the poo poo is this from 2005?", I was relieved to see it was actually released in 2004. All the war stuff was throwing me for a loop when I thought this song was more current. Boy, nothing beats all that retarded poo poo from when the war on terror was getting started.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
You guys made me look up Limbaugh on IMDB.
The Trivia section was kind of interesting. I edited out the boring stuff.

quote:

Trivia

Rusty Sharpe and Jeff Christy were 2 of Rush Limbaugh's early disc jockey names.

The anti-union "Rush Act" in the "Babylon 5" (1994) episode, "Babylon 5: By Any Means Necessary (#1.12)" (1994), is named after him.

Grandfather Rush H. Limbaugh, Sr. died at age 103. Was the oldest practicing attorney in the USA at the time of his death.

Signed a contract extension with Premiere Radio Networks reportedly worth $365 million, making him the highest-paid radio personality in history. The contract kept him on the air through 2009. [July 2001]

Revealed to his radio listeners and the world that for mysterious reasons, he is now almost completely deaf. [8 October 2001]

Had a cochlear implant put into his left ear and now has regained a fraction normal hearing in that ear. However, that hearing is not normal and without the cochlear implant, Limbaugh remains entirely deaf. He has a transcriber for callers and to do interviews. [January 2002]

Turned down an offer from Pat Buchanan to be his running mate during the 1992 Presidential campaign.

Was considered for the then-vacant color analyst position on ABC's "NFL Monday Night Football" (1970) that went to Dennis Miller.

Family refers to him as "Rusty."

Revealed to his listeners on October 10, 2003 that he has been addicted to prescription pain medication for many years, following spinal surgery. Entered an intensive in-patient treatment program and was away from his radio show for five weeks. Is now continuing his treatment as a recovering addict, and has returned to his radio program.

After he returned to his radio show after five weeks in rehab he has consistantly had between 35 and 40 million listeners - twice what he normally has

He is the #1 nationally syndicated radio talk show host in America.

Raised a record $1.7 million-plus for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of America in his annual Cure-a-Thon, in addition to his personal donation of a quarter of a million dollars.

Nominated in 2007 for the Nobel Peace Prize.

In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $33 million.

His mother, Millie (Armstrong) Limbaugh, was considered the "first lady" of their hometown, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Millie passed away March 3, 2000. After her death it was revealed that Rush had temporarily moved back to Cape Girardeau to take care of his mother. He broadcast his radio show from her kitchen and had all callers forwarded to a local phone line without any delay.

Is a vocal critic of President Barack Obama.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
It seems like he might be pulling invisible string through his head via his ears...that's my best guess.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
After learning that their depravity knows no bounds and that their arguments have no internal logic it really becomes a lot less fun to tune in. Like MaxxBot mentioned it's only worth it for the sweet sweet tears.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Vriess posted:

Couldn't help myself. Wow. It's literally filled with people who believe that the Freedom of Speech is Freedom from Consequence.

The "wut happn 2 freedum of speach??!?!?!" that comes up all the time just makes me wish people would just post "I'm a moron!" instead.

It's the beloved FREE MARKET at work you dumb assess and has nothing to do with anything except your ignorantly imagined version of a constitutional amendment.

To be fair, they are just poorly educated and that's sad. :(

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Vertical Lime posted:

Today marks 25 years since Rush started in syndication.

25 years since the start of talk radio as we know it :toot:

You know, there wouldn't be threads like these if it wasn't for him

I caught the first 45 minutes of his show today, he was doing a pretty apolitical retrospective on how he got to where he is and what he thinks about the art form of doing radio. He would be great to listen to if he just didn't do political stuff which just seems like means to an end for him in light of his radio career discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I was curious as to how many victims of the "Knockout" game there have been since there must be some reason for this story coming up again. Wasn't it a thing a couple years ago?

wikipedia posted:

Deaths attributed to knockout

September 10, 2013 (Hoboken, New Jersey): Three teenage boys are charged with the murder of 46-year-old Ralph Santiago.[2]

May 23, 2013 (Syracuse, New York): 51-year-old Michael Daniels dies a day after being attacked.[3] A 13-year-old and a 15-year-old have been arrested and charged with manslaughter.[4]

September 20, 2012 (St. Cloud, Minnesota): 20 year-old local college student Colton Ryan Gleason dies from injuries after being punched in the head by a 17 year-old local teenager.[5][6]

April 16, 2011 (St. Louis, Missouri): 72 year-old Hoang Nguyen is killed when punched in the head by an 18 year-old local teenager.[7][8] Nguyen's assailant was sentenced to 55 years in prison.[9]

1992 (Cambridge, Massachusetts): 21 year-old MIT student Yngve Raustein, of Norway, dies when he is punched in the face and then stabbed in the heart by local teenagers.[10]

Serious injuries attributed to knockout

October 4, 2012 (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania): 50-year-old high school teacher James Addlespurger was struck while walking past a group of teenagers in an alleyway in broad daylight. Addlespurger fell face first and his head struck a curb.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knockout_%28violent_game%29