Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
There was an article making the rounds yesterday about arguing with Nazis etc. on the internet which mentioned that they often did have to argue in good faith and simply muddied the waters to serve their ends. I think it was yesterday. I would really love to see it again if anyone remembers what I'm talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
FYI: This is that thing I was looking for earlier, just to close that loop:
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/800874083369897984/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Instant Sunrise posted:

The Ketchup thing was because of Teresa Heinz Kerry wasn't it?

Yes,

W Ketchup was as a reaction to John Kerry's Wife's (Teresa Heinz Kerry) relationship with Heinz Ketchup during the election of 2004. You can view it as play to get money from the rubes or just some sincere dumbassery, I'm not sure which it is.

W Ketchup posted:

W Ketchup™ Launches with Full Page Ad in National Review

Eagle Bridge, NY — June 11, 2004 — Fifteen friends from the New York area today announced the launch of a new choice in condiments: W Ketchup, America’s Ketchup™.

W Ketchup splashed onto the national scene with a full-page ad in the June 28 edition of National Review declaring: “You don’t support Democrats. Why should your Ketchup?”

“As patriotic Americans, we were tired of seeing part of the profits from our barbeques redirected to Teresa Heinz Kerry and her liberal causes,” commented Founder & CEO Dan Oliver, adding: “Big companies think they can grease the wheels in Washington by giving to both parties, so we decided to start a little company that wouldn’t give to Democrats.”

W Ketchup gives 5% of its profit to the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund, which provides college scholarships for the children of our brave soldiers fallen in battle. “We think Americans deserve a company that believes in the things they believe in,” stated Susie Oliver, COO.

W Ketchup has a milder, smoother taste as opposed to the leading brand’s harsh and vinegary taste. “We met for a taste test between the leading brands and W Ketchup,” said Bill Zachary, Chairman of W Ketchup. “Not only did W Ketchup win, but by the third freedom fry I couldn’t eat the Heinz anymore,” he added.

W Ketchup will be available online at https://www.wketchup.com and in select stores and restaurants.

hahaha, they even use "freedom fry"... :suicide:

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 8, 2016

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Oh and here's why they closed...because they had to fight tyranny and traitors.

quote:

Thank you for Supporting W Ketchup

Can I still order W Ketchup?
W Ketchup has closed its doors and its delicious ketchup is now but a memory.
Why did W Ketchup Close?
For more than a decade W Ketchup defended the liberty of Americans to buy delicious ketchup not owned and controlled by left-wing agitators and oligarchs. All games must end, however; we depart to prepare for the conflict to come, the greatest battle that our nation will ever face—when the credit bubble upon which big business, big academia, and big government draw their sustenance pops, they will defend their nefarious privileges by force; they will raid our bank deposits and give us worthless IOUs instead; they will impose price controls and capital controls and martial law; they will take our liberty; and they will tell us it is for our own good; they will say they are saving us from ourselves.

Most Congressmen are too ignorant, too stupid, or too venal to resist. The march toward fascism that began under Franklin Roosevelt speeds to a gallop, yet they pay no heed, their private graft raised above the public good. Observe: here comes Hillary Clinton, the Wall Street candidate, who used her office to extort billions into her slush fund masquerading as a charity, ready to seize plenary power; and there is John Roberts, who will give it to her, having flagrantly violated his oath to defend the Constitution by vesting the federal government with boundless power. Listen: a chorus of oligarchs, Warren Buffet, George Soros, Lloyd Blankfein tell us this is capitalism, with all its ugly but necessary flaws, the price of progress. It is not capitalism. It is corporatism. It is tyranny. Its proper name is fascism.

And who will defend us? The Republican leadership bows to its corporate masters, made rich not by serving the mass of consumers but through political machinations and exploitation of an artificial credit raised to heights unknown to history. They consent to big government as long as big business benefits. Libertarians, the opposition within the party, who understand the domestic enemy, would leave us defenseless against the foreign, disarmed by the naive and dangerous view that a barbarous foe that has been steadily encroaching upon civilization for fifteen hundred years can be placated by ignoring it.

The enemies are inside the gates—and what gates there were are thrown down by traitors within our midst, by Obama. The time draws nigh when all men will be called upon to decide whether to stand with our founding fathers by risking their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to preserve the delicate flower that is liberty or whether to slink back to that darkness Christ met, when the whole world lay in bondage, when man’s only purpose was to serve Caesar.

This is the challenge our birthright and our duty compel us to meet. It is for this terrible calling that we take leave of W Ketchup.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I can't be immersed when I'm playing as a female.

The gender confusion agenda (that the schools and the entertainment business are pushing) is part of the Communist Manifesto.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Please immerse me.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
We need armed guards to guard our gun owners from their own guns.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Well the wages of sin is death so it seems like sin wages needs a higher floor.
Higher wages for sinners!
Support raising the minimum sin wage!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BarbarianElephant posted:

I've been lectured again and again on this forum that saying stuff like this about white racists ("the deplorables") is why Clinton lost.

While that is certainly an opinion some people have. I think a lot of that is concern trolling and maybe confined to specific threads.
The major consensus for her loss from my perspective seems to be that Clinton was a bad candidate with a bad campaign that didn't get the base to turn out.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BarbarianElephant posted:

Honestly I've been browbeaten by it again and again. I think people voted Trump largely because of racist reasons. It's the only explanation for why he seems to be "Teflon Don" and all his gaffes slipped off him like water off a duck's back. His voters didn't care about anything else he did or said as long as he kept up the racism.

There's lots of reasons folks voted for Trump. I believe it's naive to blame Trump on racism exclusively. Yes he has racist supporters but their support is one of the many reasons Trump won.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
It's pretty cool that what Matt Walsh got out of Lord of the Flies was that kids need parents. My socks have been knocked off due to such a high minded interpretation.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Never not comparing everything to abortion.
Craven politician, legitimate sick-o or maybe both? I love this game.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Baby Boomers also act like we, as children, came up with this participation trophy policy and then implemented it nationwide. If they were such a bad idea why didn't Baby Boomers do more to stop them? Has anyone ever actually gotten one? I went to school in hippy dippy Santa Cruz and I don't think I ever saw one.

Basically the more Baby Boomers I interact with the sadder I am that the Vietnam War ended so soon.

This thing, it gets to me. And it's not just boomers. I see youngsters spouting this poo poo. It just seems like uninformed internet tough guy spite talk. Same with the common core whining. It's also one of those things that takes time to unpack if you actually want to argue against this line of though...and since everyone is dumb as poo poo it's really no use.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Rush on Friday was talking about how the CIA is a bunch of liberals anyway so...
He had this guy on:

quote:

Rush Talks with Bill Gertz, the Greatest Pentagon Reporter of Our Lifetime
Jan 13, 2017

RUSH: Bill Gertz here, folks, with his new book, iWar: War and Peace in the Information Age.

And it was a painful interview that went like this:

Limbaugh: hmm, so it sounds like the CIA is terrible because smart academic liberals get jobs there? Is that right?

Gertz: ummm, uhh, yes Rush, that is right. The CIA is bad because of liberal academics work there. I say that in my book that is about how everything that is bad is because of liberal academics.

Limbaugh: That's fascinating. What a pleasure to talk with you. That about does it for today's show folks. Another episode of broadcast excellence is in the can and heading to the archives. I'm a pedo who uses boner pills to gently caress little children. See you next time!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I'm kind of bummed that 9/11 in place of quotes didn't become a thing.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Rexicon1 posted:

The Overton window cannot accommodate the choom gang at this time.

L
A
T
E
R
S
!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

I wonder what causes a person like Santorum to choose to be a media guy and not a lobbyist guy. I assume he can get paid more by CNN?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Perestroika posted:

Welp, no wonder Rick Jr. on the right there has a permanent 1000 yard stare going on.

I miss the avatar someone had of that kids eye twitching.
I think it was peenworm?
ah yes here we go, thanks old avatar thingy.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/822145066563158016

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Zipperelli. posted:

Can someone tl;dr the Chelsea Manning thing? I feel like I missed something huge and a cursory Google search had me wanting to dip my router in Lysol for the filth that came up (I currently know zero about who she is and/or why people hate her).

This is one of the more infamous things that came out from the Manning leaks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_12,_2007_Baghdad_airstrike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogFZlRiTHuw

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

busted, tries to be smooth about it but already admitted it. I can't believe people look at his website and follow him for news we ar efuvkced.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Fist they came for the Nazis, and I did not speak out...Because I was not a Nazi.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Chilichimp posted:

Seriously, assholes, make a loving "Should we punch Nazi's thread and stop making GBS threads up this one.

We're all tired of this topic.

Yes, this is a good idea.
So is punching Nazis.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Chilichimp posted:

Ladies and gentlemen. I present, "My loving morning":

Jesus Christ, good try Chilichimp.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/829941914598207488

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's uh...a little on the nose

I will say that I think that's...not great. If, say, Ted Nugent did something like that about Obama, liberals would be pretty pissed.

Now that I'm thinking about it, did he ever do something like that? It feels like something the nuge would do/say.

quote:

Renegade right-winger Ted Nugent recently went on a vicious onstage rant in which he threatened the lives of Democratic presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Decked out in full-on camouflage hunting gear, Nugent wielded two machine guns while raging, "Obama, he's a piece of poo poo. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary," he continued. "You might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch." Nugent summed up his eloquent speech by screaming "freedom!"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ted-nugent-threatens-to-kill-barack-obama-and-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant-20070824

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Good old O'Reilly, I'll believe he's done when the news actually comes in.
He's been terrible forever. He was being terrible when George W. Bush was president.

Also, I was able to catch some Rush last Friday and he had a caller talking about how he would rewatch the news coverage from election night 2016 to relive the moments and keep his spirits up. It was some "every morning I wake up open palm slam a vhs into the slot."

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Tonight was might have been Bills last show

"According to four network sources, there’s talk inside Fox News that tonight’s show could be his last. Lawyers for the law firm Paul, Weiss, hired last summer by 21st Century Fox to investigate Roger Ailes, are currently doing a “deep dive” investigation into O’Reilly’s behavior. They’re focused now on sexual harassment claims by O’Reilly guest Wendy Walsh after she reported her claims via the company’s anonymous hotline. Fox News co-president Bill Shine has been working hard to keep O’Reilly, sources said. But O’Reilly’s future is in the hands of the Murdochs. “It’s up to the family,” the senior Fox News staffer said. The Murdochs are presently divided over how to handle it."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/is-bill-oreilly-going-off-the-air.html

I really enjoy how there hast to be some detailed investigation to figure out if Bill O'Reilly is a serial sexual harasser and all around terrible person or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Radish posted:

Hannity might be stupid enough to not know what's real or not but Rush is smart enough to know everything he's saying is a lie.

this is why I can listen to limbaugh much easier than hannity.
There is a bit of craft to what limbaugh does but hannity is just dumb idiot saying the first stupid thing he can think of.

sean hannity is the worst