Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Patch 1.12 came out for PS3 today. It adds Vita cross-save support.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/05/19/borderlands-2-ps3-patch-finally-adds-ps-vita-cross-save-support/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROIDTECH
Jan 22, 2001

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Anyone have any sick level 61 gear for pistol gunzerkers on Xbox?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I have a Siren that'll be level 52 by the time I finish TVHM. Is that good enough to go to UVHM? I'm not getting much useful loot at this point (I just beat the Torgue DLC).

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

I have a Siren that'll be level 52 by the time I finish TVHM. Is that good enough to go to UVHM? I'm not getting much useful loot at this point (I just beat the Torgue DLC).

Yes. UVHM scales everything to the level of your character constantly (and I'm pretty sure has a minimum enemy level of 50). You will obviously need to keep your gear very close to your level, which won't be too hard since all chests will scale to your level as well. Also make sure you have a decent slag weapon or slag buff on your action skill. Slag is significantly better in UVHM (3x instead of 2x damage bonus and it lasts longer, weapon swapping speed is buffed to make it less of a headache).

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Toraen posted:

Yes. UVHM scales everything to the level of your character constantly (and I'm pretty sure has a minimum enemy level of 50). You will obviously need to keep your gear very close to your level, which won't be too hard since all chests will scale to your level as well. Also make sure you have a decent slag weapon or slag buff on your action skill. Slag is significantly better in UVHM (3x instead of 2x damage bonus and it lasts longer, weapon swapping speed is buffed to make it less of a headache).

Cool. I have Ruin on the Cataclysm skill tree which gives Phaselock slag, electric and corrosion. I have a Class mod that has me at 8 on Helios, 9 on Reaper, and 10 on Blight Phoenix. I also have over 200 Golden Keys so I should be able to get some good loot if I need a boost.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I might be just about done with this game, at least for a while. TVHM was challenging but fair but UVHM is just ruthless.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

skaboomizzy posted:

I might be just about done with this game, at least for a while. TVHM was challenging but fair but UVHM is just ruthless.

If you're at least level 500 you could probably post your gamertag or PSNID in here and people would be happy to drop you a shitload of legendaries to help you out.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you're at least level 500 you could probably post your gamertag or PSNID in here and people would be happy to drop you a shitload of legendaries to help you out.

If he was level 500 he probably wouldn't be having this much trouble with it :colbert:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

subhelios posted:

If he was level 500 he probably wouldn't be having this much trouble with it :colbert:

Are you kidding? He'd be at OP 428. Fuuuuuck that noise. :v:

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.

skaboomizzy posted:

I felt exactly the same until I discovered how utterly essential slag-n'-switch is in UVHM. The game is fun again (i.e. I'm not dying every 30 seconds).

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
The irc is at pretty low tide right now, so I'll ask here. Are there any goons on the ps3 interested in helping out a pair of level 51s (commando and zerker) in running some raid bosses later today for fun and profit? So far Terramorphous in normal mode and Hyperius in TVHM are on the table. The dragons of Tiny Tina's DLC in TVHM might also be an option (already unlocked in normal). We're hunting for legendary stuff and seraph crystals to buys some sweet pinks. Respond here, send a message to NateZorblack on psn, or jump on irc if you're down.

We would be cool with running any raid bosses out there, those are just the ones that are already open and ready to roll.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Zorblack posted:

The irc is at pretty low tide right now, so I'll ask here. Are there any goons on the ps3 interested in helping out a pair of level 51s (commando and zerker) in running some raid bosses later today for fun and profit? So far Terramorphous in normal mode and Hyperius in TVHM are on the table. The dragons of Tiny Tina's DLC in TVHM might also be an option (already unlocked in normal). We're hunting for legendary stuff and seraph crystals to buys some sweet pinks. Respond here, send a message to NateZorblack on psn, or jump on irc if you're down.

We would be cool with running any raid bosses out there, those are just the ones that are already open and ready to roll.

Joke's on you, Seraph crystals only drop in UVHM. it's some serious bullshit.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Tiny Tina DLC's slot machines also drop seraph crystals but only like one or two at a time and only if you get super lucky. :shrug:

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr.Smasher posted:

Joke's on you, Seraph crystals only drop in UVHM. it's some serious bullshit.

Well crap. In that case just hunting for fun high level stuff (legendaries and nice class mods) and finishing quests by killing raid bosses.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Zorblack posted:

Well crap. In that case just hunting for fun high level stuff (legendaries and nice class mods) and finishing quests by killing raid bosses.

I could join in a couple hours. I'll add you then, if its not too late.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BlindNinja posted:

I could join in a couple hours. I'll add you then, if its not too late.

My girl and I will be playing all day. Add me up whenever and we'll start popping some bosses.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
PS+ installed a patch this morning, anyone know what it is?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Added new skins that look like pre sequel characters, they're apparently rare drops or you can just get them as shift codes.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Lots of new info about Athena's skill trees:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/b...campaign=buffer

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dumb question: twice now I have frozen on the movie just before I fight an early boss (Flynt?). After restarting it puts me back at the starting town and all the enemies have respawned. I'm not missing anything am I? It seemed like it auto saved just before the boss, but there's no way back to that save point, is there (aside from doing the whole stretch a third time)?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There are three types of New-U stations in the game:

1. Ones that you can teleport both to and from. These will save your position and when you start up the game, you will respawn at the closest one to where you last saved and quit (or, uh, crashed as it were).

2. Ones you can teleport from, but not to. These will not save your position, but you will respawn at them if you die.

3. Normal ones without a teleporter. If you die, you respawn at these, but they will not save your position.

Basically, the whole stretch from Liar's Berg to Flynt is full of the third type which is kind of annoying in itself, which will become evident later on in the game.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Some kind of AR thing is going on for the Pre-Sequel.

The Echocasts Twitter account just sent the following tweets:
"Login hyp_423321 //"
"pw changemedefaultpassword"

I don't know what it has to do with anything, but the account is now listed as "Hyperion Corporation", with some kind of desktop icon of Jack as the profile pic, and 90's as gently caress "Under Construction" thing as the header.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

smashpro1 posted:

Some kind of AR thing is going on for the Pre-Sequel.

The Echocasts Twitter account just sent the following tweets:
"Login hyp_423321 //"
"pw changemedefaultpassword"

I don't know what it has to do with anything, but the account is now listed as "Hyperion Corporation", with some kind of desktop icon of Jack as the profile pic, and 90's as gently caress "Under Construction" thing as the header.

It's probably the same thing that the Twitter did for each of the DLC expansions, hand it off to a character or the like to make promotional posts and such.

CoffeeBreak80
May 3, 2009

I have a couple of friends who still play this pretty regularly on PS3 and, since I live in the past and just bought a PS3, I'm planning on picking up this game so that I can partake.

I'm planning on buying the Borderlands 2: GOTY edition since it's so cheap now, but all of my friends have the original game with a smattering of the DLC among them. Does anyone know of any issues with playing online with people who have the original copy of the game while using the GOTY edition? Will I be able to use some of the content like new characters or side missions that they don't own without any issues? Thanks for any info anyone is able to provide.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

CoffeeBreak80 posted:

I have a couple of friends who still play this pretty regularly on PS3 and, since I live in the past and just bought a PS3, I'm planning on picking up this game so that I can partake.

I'm planning on buying the Borderlands 2: GOTY edition since it's so cheap now, but all of my friends have the original game with a smattering of the DLC among them. Does anyone know of any issues with playing online with people who have the original copy of the game while using the GOTY edition? Will I be able to use some of the content like new characters or side missions that they don't own without any issues? Thanks for any info anyone is able to provide.

As long as they have downloaded compatibility packs, the only restriction is that they cannot go into DLC they do not own if they're in your game. I'm fairly certain that's it though. You can use Krieg, Gaige without breaking their stuff.

CoffeeBreak80
May 3, 2009

ShadowedFlames posted:

As long as they have downloaded compatibility packs, the only restriction is that they cannot go into DLC they do not own if they're in your game. I'm fairly certain that's it though. You can use Krieg, Gaige without breaking their stuff.

Radical--thank you kindly.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yep, I spent last night helping a non-DLC owning friend through the wildlife preserve while playing as Gaige.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I started up the game again to try out the over powered levels and discovered that Gaige is a beast. Got to OP3 with lv. 72 weapons alone.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

burntpork posted:

I started up the game again to try out the over powered levels and discovered that Gaige is a beast. Got to OP3 with lv. 72 weapons alone.

What is your gear layout? I started playing again in anticipation for the Pre-Sequel and I have a level 63 Gaige trying to slog through UVHM to get to max level. I'm having a hell of time staying alive and doing damage.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

lazerwolf posted:

What is your gear layout? I started playing again in anticipation for the Pre-Sequel and I have a level 63 Gaige trying to slog through UVHM to get to max level. I'm having a hell of time staying alive and doing damage.

Grind up some anarchy stacks on the target dummy in Marcus's gun shop in Sanctuary.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So here's the newest trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGEQw-lew8

Is there a separate thread for the Pre-Sequel or are we just gonna use this thread for general Borderlands chat?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Waiting for the current gen release of this. I get that they wanted the install base of 360 and PS3 owners, but that means I am passing. It's me, I'm that guy.

Future borderlands is something I eagerly anticipate.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is there a separate thread for the Pre-Sequel or are we just gonna use this thread for general Borderlands chat?
There's a new thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666603

I never understood the reason for separate threads for consoles/PC.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Doodles posted:

There's a new thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666603

I never understood the reason for separate threads for consoles/PC.

Thanks for the link.

The reason for separate threads in because console players don't want to read endless pages of people whining about FOV headaches and talking about lovely mods and hacks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The ACTUAL, non whiny baby reason, is because sometimes games release earlier on consoles than on PC. Dark Souls, for example, had the console thread as the only thread because there wasn't a PC version until at least a year later.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I'm on my first playthrough on normal, it has only taken 2 years. I've started on the DLC now that I've finally killed the Warrior, and I'm getting stomped because I'm underleveled.

Does anyone (PS3) want to hold babby's hand?

E: sorry about the thread necromancy, didn't realize it had been this long since the last post

titties fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 11, 2014

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

titties posted:

I'm on my first playthrough on normal, it has only taken 2 years. I've started on the DLC now that I've finally killed the Warrior, and I'm getting stomped because I'm underleveled.

Does anyone (PS3) want to hold babby's hand?

E: sorry about the thread necromancy, didn't realize it had been this long since the last post

I'm sure I could help a little. Only on at nights during the week (PST), pretty free every weekend (except the next two).

PSN ID = TheBlindNinja

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

BlindNinja posted:

I'm sure I could help a little. Only on at nights during the week (PST), pretty free every weekend (except the next two).

PSN ID = TheBlindNinja

Awesome, thanks. I think you're already on my list, too.

• Locked thread