Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Also:
Well here's your problem!

Maybe I just like the precision I get from iron sights and scopes.

Oh, and being a team player by slagging everything for everyone.

Ever think that by killing everything, you're ruining the experience, Gilder? :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Synastren posted:

I do that in addition to reviving people and shooting them in the head with my Chere'amie to heal them. :colbert:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Kyrosiris posted:

I do that in addition to reviving people and shooting them in the head with my Chere'amie to heal them. :colbert:

I like Maya as much as Axton, I just find that Axton doesn't get enough love here.

And he loves everyone.

:shepface:

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Sorry if I missed this already, but what did the patch fix?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Synastren posted:

Maybe I just like the precision I get from iron sights and scopes.
Every single bullet that hits an enemy while I'm Gunzerking has a 30% chance to improve my accuracy with both guns. I shoot a LOT of bullets. :golgo:

quote:

Do you know just how many things get slagged by 18 MIRV bomblets going off? We're not talking "one at a time," here. That poo poo takes too long! "I'M PUTTING THE 'US' IN TEAM!"

quote:

Ever think that by killing everything, you're ruining the experience, Gilder? :shepface:
I played Brick in BL1. Screw y'all's experience; it's my turn to kill poo poo! :smugdog:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Does the Chere'amie also make a loud and horrible sound when you hit someone or is it just me. It's kinda hard using one of the best snipers in the game with that deafening glitch. Also dual sticky turrets with rocket pods is a thing of beauty.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Slayer1597 posted:

Sorry if I missed this already, but what did the patch fix?

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-xbox-360-update-information

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

Does the Chere'amie also make a loud and horrible sound when you hit someone or is it just me. It's kinda hard using one of the best snipers in the game with that deafening glitch. Also dual sticky turrets with rocket pods is a thing of beauty.

It can't be worse than the gun that nags you after every shot. Or the good touch that will prematurely burn out your controller's motor in 30 minutes

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Marogareh posted:

If you're on PS3 I can dupe you a Maggie.

Say... this offer available to other people? I've been farming for that thing like crazy and all I've only ever gotten it like 5 levels below my character. I'd love one, even if it's awhile before I can use it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

They fixed friendly thoughtlocking! That's gonna make playing my Siren a lot more fun with friends. :allears:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

abaddonis posted:

It can't be worse than the gun that nags you after every shot.

Holy poo poo I was wondering who the gently caress kept talking to me whenever I killed someone or reloaded.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Marogareh posted:

I haven't had any sound issues with mine, no.

It's really great as a healing Maya since the transfusion orbs you generate A) generate from shooting friends too, B) will heal friends, and C) deal a percentage of what you dealt/healed, so the Bee amps them too indirectly.

Chere'amie owns for healing Maya.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Feeble posted:

Say... this offer available to other people? I've been farming for that thing like crazy and all I've only ever gotten it like 5 levels below my character. I'd love one, even if it's awhile before I can use it.

Same here if you're willing.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

All the characters are good. I just suck at Zero, but they're all good. All of them!

Important Note for anyone who wants to get that "Challenge Accepted!" achievement/trophy. Some challenges only appear when you've got several (or ALL) levels of challenges in some weapon types. I believe you need to splash-damage kill hundreds of enemies to get the kill-directly rocket challenge. (The hell?) This should probably be added near the OP because it's probably going to be a FAQ.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
My first time going through PT2, Boom Bewm dropped a homing sticky Bonus Package. It is by far and away the best grenade mod I've seen. The thing just tears through everything, it's great.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So is following Randy Pitchford and Gearbox Soft on Twitter the only ways to get keys to open that box in Sanctuary?

I guess I don't really understand how to obtain them or how they work and I'm going through my TVHM playthrough so I figure it might be a good idea to try and see what kind of goods I can pick up.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

AndyElusive posted:

So is following Randy Pitchford and Gearbox Soft on Twitter the only ways to get keys to open that box in Sanctuary?

I guess I don't really understand how to obtain them or how they work and I'm going through my TVHM playthrough so I figure it might be a good idea to try and see what kind of goods I can pick up.

He is the one that gives them out, and 99% of the time they get posted here in a timely manner so you don't have to follow him if you don't want to. He went on a binge over the weekend, I think I redeemed 5 of them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bugsy posted:

He is the one that gives them out, and 99% of the time they get posted here in a timely manner so you don't have to follow him if you don't want to. He went on a binge over the weekend, I think I redeemed 5 of them.

I'm guessing they work like any other redeemable code in that once they're used they're gone. So basically I'll need to race against everyone else to use one when they get posted?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

I'm guessing they work like any other redeemable code in that once they're used they're gone. So basically I'll need to race against everyone else to use one when they get posted?

They generally come in two forms - "lasts X number of uses" (usually 10k) or "lasts X number of time" (usually 2 hours).

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Kyrosiris posted:

They generally come in two forms - "lasts X number of uses" (usually 10k) or "lasts X number of time" (usually 2 hours).

Best one was the 5 key code that lasted less than 1 minute on each console. Basically required a keyboard plugged into your xbox/ps3 and to be constantly refreshing his twitter.

Keys are nice but oranges are generally superior as far as level 50 gear goes. I think you're better off using the keys every few levels around 40, whenever you feel like you need a better weapon (guns quickly get outclassed from 35 to 50). It does suck to use a key and get a bunch of grenade mods or shields or something you can't use though.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I'm doing the mission with the Gluttonous Thresher, and ho boy I keep dying and dying and dying as a Cunning Zer0. Most of my weapons are still level 37-38, because I went back to PT1 to do some DLC and arena sidemissions. Even the normal surveyers kills me at this point, so if you open the Golden chest in PT1, but you're level 40, does the purples scale to 40 or are they locked at level 30 like everything else in PT1?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

How many nuclear explosion are created when your mechanical death-machine is deployed, huh? :smug:

I'm only level 20 right now but this was the clincher that made me go with Axton. Space wizards and dual wielding are all well and good, but a nuclear bomb that goes off whenever I deploy a special is a little hard to pass up.

(How effective *is* that nuke, for those who have it?)

bloodysabbath fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 24, 2012

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Spergminer posted:

I'm doing the mission with the Gluttonous Thresher, and ho boy I keep dying and dying and dying as a Cunning Zer0. Most of my weapons are still level 37-38, because I went back to PT1 to do some DLC and arena sidemissions. Even the normal surveyers kills me at this point, so if you open the Golden chest in PT1, but you're level 40, does the purples scale to 40 or are they locked at level 30 like everything else in PT1?

You can farm a level 40 chest in TVHM Tundra Express if you're so inclined. I was going to type out an explanation, but it'd be way easier just to look it up on YouTube so you can see where to go.

Also the Thresher can be cheesed from a distance. Drag him to where the constructor was, run almost all the way back and crouch behind the little half wall with the crates. You can find various spots depending on which weapon you want to use to snipe the Thresher from.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I popped the chest a few times as a level 30+ Axton in PT1 and every time I had poo poo scaled to me come out, so I'd imagine it's fine.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Feeble posted:

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Same here if you're willing.

I have the bee and sherrif's badge to go with it so come on down. PSN is Marogareh.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I don't wanna play any more because I'm not high enough level to finish this quest and my Sal sounds like Handsome Jack. :/

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

I have the bee and sherrif's badge to go with it so come on down. PSN is Marogareh.

Thanks for the stuff!

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I have both Maya and Gaige at 50 and I enjoy Maya more. I'm a big fan of elemental damage in this game and she makes it SO GOOD. The thing with Gaige is that I haven't found a build where I don't feel like I'm missing out on some really good skills, where with Maya the only thing I'd like to add to my build is Sweet Release.

If you can get your hands on the Legendary Siren mod, this: http://www.bl2db.com/skill-trees#zmexo9Mm9mExoEo makes things die very quickly.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
If you have your hands on Salvador, thismakes things die quickly, especially when paired with a class mod giving +5 to Filled to the Brim, +6 to Lay Waste, and 2.2 team ammo regen. It also gives +4 to 5 Shots or 6, but that skill and Inconceivable have issues.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

If you have your hands on Salvador, thismakes things die quickly, especially when paired with a class mod giving +5 to Filled to the Brim, +6 to Lay Waste, and 2.2 team ammo regen. It also gives +4 to 5 Shots or 6, but that skill and Inconceivable have issues.

I wish they would fix that thing where Inconceivable and 5 Shots cause you to not automatically reload guns when they're empty- I can't use the final Rampage tree skill if I have to take my finger off the trigger, game :argh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

New keys:

WinPC: CBKB3-3BKH9-XB3J3-BJB3B-H53CK
PS3: WB5JJ-KX6HJ-XHJCT-ZBKJB-XW3J6
X360: WB5JJ-KX6CR-TFRBX-WFJJB-XW3S6

(No info provided on duration or number of uses, so, good luck?)

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Edit: dammit, just as I have to leave for work, too! ^^^

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wish they would fix that thing where Inconceivable and 5 Shots cause you to not automatically reload guns when they're empty- I can't use the final Rampage tree skill if I have to take my finger off the trigger, game :argh:
Honestly, I haven't missed them. I've taken points in the skills that increase my reload speed in general and my firing rate for 1) as long as I hold down the trigger 2) for a brief time on reload and 3) when I get a kill, and hoooooly poo poo does your shooting get fast once all three are up and running. I can empty a Vladof Revolution TMP with a 66 round mag in around two seconds flat.

It's glorious. And if I don't feel like reloading, kills reload my other pair of guns. :D

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 24, 2012

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
SO there's an iOS game coming out titled Borderlands Legends which is looking to be quite interesting. You can read about it here.

Isometric top down gameplay and it stars the original vault hunters, apparently letting you control all four at once.

Price tag is $4.99 on iPhone and $6.99 on iPad and it's out on October 31.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I think it would be awesome if Borderlands Legends took place during the original 4 fighting Jack the first time and ending with them seperating :allears:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Edit: dammit, just as I have to leave for work, too! ^^^
Honestly, I haven't missed them. I've taken points in the skills that increase my reload speed in general and my firing rate for 1) as long as I hold down the trigger 2) for a brief time on reload and 3) when I get a kill, and hoooooly poo poo does your shooting get fast once all three are up and running. I can empty a Vladof Revolution TMP with a 66 round mag in around two seconds flat.

It's glorious. And if I don't feel like reloading, kills reload my other pair of guns. :D

Huh, I'll have to try that out. I went down the middle tree first and then the right tree because I found a mod that buffed Hard To Kill and Juggernaut, which are the only two skills I have points in in that tree right now (lvl 41 here). If I can find a mod that adds to Lay Waste this looks awesome.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
So what's the deal with SHIFT anyway? I made an account and all, but it won't let me link to my Xbox LIVE profile (right now, it says). I assume I have to do that to put in keys, right? If not, what's the process there?

Gotta get me more sweet sweet gear.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don't care about conventional FPSs at all anymore but I love this game. It's hard to point out exactly what it does right because it does pretty much everything right.

edit: Shotgun ninja rules, why on earth didn't I ever think of that combination before this game.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 24, 2012

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

Ayo, I kinda like your natural scent.
*NO HOMO*
So since this is the new thread: I'm stuck on lvl 48 and want to finish TVHM before sidequesting out. who on 360 can help me kill Jack?

GT is Crackatastic

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

Crackatastic posted:

So since this is the new thread: I'm stuck on lvl 48 and want to finish TVHM before sidequesting out. who on 360 can help me kill Jack?

GT is Crackatastic

Hey I have a 50 gunzerker that takes the warrior out in about 2 mins. I'd be glad to help. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be around until late thursday pacific time...but if you see me and still need help, pls msg:

GT (360): Biebazaelbub

Separately, I am playing a Siren who is about 9th..cataclysm tree mostly. I have the DLC (Scarlett) - what's the minimum level to play through that? I went at 4 and everything was lvl 14 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Frush posted:

So what's the deal with SHIFT anyway? I made an account and all, but it won't let me link to my Xbox LIVE profile (right now, it says). I assume I have to do that to put in keys, right? If not, what's the process there?

Gotta get me more sweet sweet gear.

You have to link it in-game. Load up BL2 on your 360 and it should be pretty straightforward.

• Locked thread