Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

So I found a video of unused sound effects for a Torgue vending machine. Needless to say I hope they get added into the DLC because holy poo poo they own as much as their guns do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_sy4tXtjjY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Since the next DLC is rumored to be Torgue-centric, I sure as gently caress hope so.

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

Ayo, I kinda like your natural scent.
*NO HOMO*

Adregan posted:

I should be online after 8:30 est tonight. I can help you out.

got stuck in traffic. on now if you still want to help.

EDIT:

Kifisonfire posted:

So I found a video of unused sound effects for a Torgue vending machine. Needless to say I hope they get added into the DLC because holy poo poo they own as much as their guns do

I have never been so close to dying from laughter.

Crackatastic fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 26, 2012

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Kifisonfire posted:

The bandit one is just as good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILpqqRFvsZI

quote:

I smeared my diarrhea on the handle! That's "viral marketing"

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

'I SMEARED MY DIARRHOEA ON THE HANDLE - THAT'S VIRAL MARKETING'

I really wish they had that bandit machine now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wanna put that Torgue clip on my workout playlist.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Crackatastic posted:

I have never been so close to dying from laughter.
I crack up every time I walk past a random radio and hear "IF YOU DON'T BUY TORGUE GUNS, YOU'RE F[BEEP]KIN' RETARDED!"

Also, thanks to my little brother recognizing it I now know where I've heard that voice before.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I crack up every time I walk past a random radio and hear "IF YOU DON'T BUY TORGUE GUNS, YOU'RE F[BEEP]KIN' RETARDED!"

Also, thanks to my little brother recognizing it I now know where I've heard that voice before.

I've always liked "If I still had hands, I'd give it a thumbs up" or whatever the Tediore one is. So much Pleasantville vibe.

That being said, if the next DLC is in fact Torgue-themed it is going to be the best Goddamn thing.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 26, 2012

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

strangemusic posted:

That being said, if the next DLC is in fact Torgue-themed it is going to be the best Goddamn thing.
If it is, I predict at least a 70% drop in the amount of all living things on Pandora not currently exploding. THAT'S STILL loving BULLSHIT! BUY A GOD drat TORGUE GUN!

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

*NO HOMO*

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

EXPLOSION NOISE! HERE... EXPLOOOOOOOOOOOOSIONS! NOW GO PUNCH SOME BAD GUYS IN THE DICK.

I think the thing that gets me the most is the idea that this is the CEO of a corporation. I'm imagining the board meetings being this guy running around naked and foaming at the mouth.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
My prediction: the Torgue DLC will have Mr. Torgue as a unlockable Vault Hunter

His Action Skill is the ability to throw unlimited grenades for a half minute, like a baseball machine but with your grenades.

Now I made myself hype :syoon:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Not just the CEO of a corporation, the CEO of a wildly successful across six solar systems corporation.

Although I've been wishing that ad campaigns would get more true to life. Like Eggo Waffles for instance. If some poo poo-for-brains came up and stole my breakfast I wouldn't say "Leggo my Eggo." If I had my way, the slogan'd be more along the lines of "Bring back my loving breakfast, bitchass!" That or "P-TUNNNNG!" which is the sound of a hurled toaster oven slamming into the back of some waffle-purloining son of a bitch's head.

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

*NO HOMO*

Solaris Knight posted:

His Action Skill is the ability to throw unlimited grenades for a half minute, like a baseball machine but with your grenades.

the ENTIRE time making guitar solo noises.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I beat the game with every side mission and am now starting SUper Vault HUnter mode or whatever.

WHYYYYYYYYY is it so loving hard?!

I'm level 37, and getting dominated before I get to Sanctuary.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I beat the game with every side mission and am now starting SUper Vault HUnter mode or whatever.

It's certainly one hell of a jump. My suggestions would be to check everywhere for better gear because once you hit level 35-ish the jump in item quality from level to level gets pretty large, to check your skills and possibly respec to play around with other builds, and also be sure you have a good shock weapon because all enemy shields grant resists to every element except shock. That's not the case in normal mode so shock gets kind of overlooked but it's a ton more important in TVHM.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Random question - where are some good places to run a lot of quick chests? I feel like compulsively looting for a while.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Thousand Cuts is great for fuckloads of chests. There's like 10 in Slab Town. Or if you have the DLC, you can glitch into the treasure room pretty easily once you get the hang of it.

OnlyJuanMon posted:

BECAAAAAAUSE you're trying to play it like PT1. Remember these simple facts:

1) Guns will NOT last you long in PT2. Three levels at best, then toss 'em. I don't care if they're some new undiscovered color of loot; they're useless.

2) Shields and you: You need a lightning gun. Get one. Shields drop fire and corrosive damage to .4 of their regular damage, and most DOT will be abso-loving-lutely laughable. Get a shock weapon to get rid of shields, THEN switch to the fire/corrosive. Against their actual weaknesses (fire beats flesh, acid beats metal) they do MAD BONUS DAMAGE!

3) Take cover once in a while! Enemies are about a bazillion times more likely to carry guns with elemental effects, or GOD drat TORGUE GUNS! WHICH loving EXPLODE! These guns will 1) gently caress you up. 2) gently caress you up. 3) gently caress you up some more.

4) If you have a sniper rifle, snipe to thin the herd a bit before you just wade on in to a crowd of assholes.

5) (related to #2) Make sure you use the correct elemental weapons on things. If it has a yellow health bar, it's armored so use corrosive, that sort of poo poo.

6) Bring patience. In spades. You're going to die. A lot.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh god I've pushed forward too far in TVHM and like half of the enemies have skulls over their heads :psyduck: Stopped for the night when I got to the Super Badass Constructor that kinda guards the entrance to the BNK3ER fight. I'll be back for you when I'm more lucid :argh:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Kifisonfire posted:

TORQUE MAKES THINGS EXPLODE!...END OF SALES PITCH!

God I can't wait for the next DLC. I also hope they make more DLC's themed around the manufactures. Who doesn't want to fight cryogenically revived notSteveJobs in the Maliwan one or fight Mecha-Space Hitler for the glory of the Revolution in the Vladof one.

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Are you on PS3 I'll jump on with you, I started it a few nights ago and it's an exercise in utter frustration at some points for sure. TheGreatGildersneeze has some really good tips though. I've probably been hanging on to old sniper rifles for way too long and haven't upgraded in a while.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

OnlyJuanMon posted:

One huge thing in playthrough 2 is that grenades are way more important, especially for filling in elemental gaps that you might have in your guns. Having a homing or longbow grenade is great either to strip shields (Tesla preferred), apply slag, or just melt the hell out of crowds with the right cloud grenade (loaders and acid clouds are a good pair). Bouncing betties are pretty good choices too for crowds.

Having a way to slag enemies is a huge help in melting through the absurd health levels and makes your elements that much more effective. Using a slag SMG with a cloud grenade can yield some silly damage, especially against things like threshers or stalkers.

If you don't want to play the elements game so much, go Torgue for maximum explosions, it's good on everything.

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 26, 2012

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm debating between two relics for my Axton. One is a Vitality relic for +31.6% max health, which is worth about 8k more health at the moment. The other is a Proficiency relic for +28.6% cooldown rate for the turret, it shaves about 5 seconds off my current cooldown time.

Which one do you all think is more worthwhile?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I seem to have become permanently overleveled for the story missions, I'm level 25 and they all list level 22. Is that just a natural result of doing every side mission?

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

8one6 posted:

I'm debating between two relics for my Axton. One is a Vitality relic for +31.6% max health, which is worth about 8k more health at the moment. The other is a Proficiency relic for +28.6% cooldown rate for the turret, it shaves about 5 seconds off my current cooldown time.

Turret. Always the turret.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

8one6 posted:

I run all cooldown reduction on my Axton. The more they can come out, the more you can take advantage of their shields and stand there in your portable cover, hammering away at things with two extra shields between your Bee and the bullets.

In my experience in 2.5, 55k shields/health may as well be 17k for all it matters when you start getting hit. Go cooldown.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Solaris Knight posted:

Grenadezerker?

I'd buy it.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I seem to have become permanently overleveled for the story missions, I'm level 25 and they all list level 22. Is that just a natural result of doing every side mission?

Pretty much, yup. They don't necessarily expect you to do each and every side mission before pursuing the story. Don't feel bad about being overleveled, though: the alternative is everything being a slog to fight through, with equipment drops you can't use yet.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 26, 2012

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So I now have a Mic which should make it easier to communicate with, rather than the old system of firing guns in the general direction I wish people to head in.

PSN: JudgeTesla and anyone who fancies a crack at Hyperious the Invincible can come on down and we can discuss strategies which will end up devolving into running around like mad firing wildly at him.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Speedball posted:

Grenadezerker?

I'd buy it.

Honestly, in that form it'd be pretty overpowered really. As long as you had a decent grenade mod, nothing would be safe ever. I'm thinking something toned down a little, but still having many EXPLOSIONS! and being generally awesome.

While active any grenade thrown explodes twice, the second explosion being straight explosive damage and you also regenerate grenades at a rate of one per three seconds.

Also he'd have to swipe Salvador's throw two grenades at once skill in at least one tree. I'm thinking one skill tree would add other elements to the action skill as well as having stuff like Salvador's I poo poo Ammo skills but for grenades. The second would do stuff with rocket launchers, and the third would be straight up bonuses to any Torgue guns, mostly more explosions in various forms.

Hmm. Might be too much of a niche thing.

Edit: Also, a random image that popped into my head as I was thinking about this... Instead of just shooting a guy with an explosive gun, walk up and belt him with it to cause a massive explosion based on how much ammo's in the clip. Like tediore reloads, but without the reload and probably without the chance of damaging yourself.

General Maximus fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 26, 2012

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I'm thinking a top tier skill that causes him to deal additional explosive damage on any shot.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Dross posted:

I'm thinking a top tier skill that causes him to deal additional explosive damage on any shot.

That'd be in the third tree I mentioned, probably. Then any explosion related stuff in the tree could proc off that regardless of what gun you're using, to keep at least the possibility of not using torgue guns for people who're crazy like that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Final skill in Mr. Torgue's middle skill tree will be called "WHAT THE HELL, THIS GUN ISN'T EXPLODING" and modifies every gun you have to fire Torgue ammunition in some way or another, allowing for explosive sniper rifles, exploding lasers shooting from railguns, and explosive Conference Calls. Because the only thing better than explosions from one direction is explosions from three directions.

Weapons that already use explosive ammo would explode more, and Tediore weapon reloads would cause damage in an area equivalent to small nuclear explosions ala Axton's turret.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like I'm gonna farm the red chests in the badlands since I just got a volcano sniper out of it even though I have it already. Managed to get the legendary siren mod that way so gently caress grinding bosses for eternity.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Make Mr Torgue's action skill proximity/timer/manually detonated mines. Like 5 at a time with the different specs making them trigger off different things with different effects.

One tree mostly for the mines one for more explosive guns one for grenade specialization And guitar noises. And yelling.

EDIT: mines will stick to enemies' faces and groins. CRITICAL HIT!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

OnlyJuanMon posted:

For me I think the key thing was respeccing my abilities. I had a melee focused Zer0 for playthrough 1 and never had any major problems. But in TVHM I just couldn't get up close often enough to justify blowing all my points on melee. Any crowd of 3 or more would just slaughter me as soon as I lost Decepti0n. So for TVHM I had to switch to a kunai build so now I float around the edges of the crowd, loading them up with kunai before chucking a grenade or two in.

I think thats whats making this Game of the Year for me. There's so many different ways to play and your style can really change how effective you are. Each skill tree changes things so much, and theres 5 loving characters. With all the DLC coming out I doubt I'll be putting this down for quite a while.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I meant to reply in my other post to the TVHM post but I'll just post again!

I respecced my zerker from rampage to gunlust because it was more methodical and doesn't tempt me to go 'zerk my way straight into a crowd. Plus, it scales really well the better guns. My friend plays as zer0 and went sniper spec from melee for basically the same reasons.

When we play together, we hang at long range taking sniper shots until the crowd is thin enough to wade in to finish. I am rolling with shock grenades and a slag smg while he has some high damage jakobs stuff so usually I slag and shock as a setup while he mowes everything down. Obviously as we change guns this will change but its a general theme we're following.

We both switch to shotguns if we get swamped and blast our way back to a defensible position. I really recommend keeping a high damage street sweeper close for those kind of spots or you're going to get surrounded and hosed.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
If you can track one down (usually not too hard), Jakobs triple or quad barrel shotguns are AMAZING for Gunzerkers who still want to Rampage and get right in the mix. If you've got enough points in Filled to the Brim and have Money Shot, even though it wont get the full bonus from Money Shot (try as you might, you're not getting enough points in FTTB to give it a ten round magazine) it will still get enough of a boost that what should be 60K damage at "put barrel in mouth, pull trigger" range will jump into the 100K - 120K range.

They reload fast, and you can usually get enough bonus ammo in the mag for two shots which, if you're fast on the trigger, can be unloaded faster than the recoil can knock your aim around. I'm better with the right trigger, so I usually keep a shock or slag automatic in my left hand and the Jakobs in the right. The automatic will benefit from Keep Firing and will either wipe shields from or keep slagged whatever the Jakobs is about to annihilate.

All that said, Gunlust has some completely awesome abilities as well. I can't wait for the level cap DLC, whenever that drops, because I'll be able to a) get a bit farther down the Gunlust tree to compliment some Rampage abilities and b) actually use a Legendary Berzerker class mod, since I have a hard time justifying the two points over in the Brawn tree.

Kinda hoping there will be DLC class mods that specifically boost one tree in multiple skills. You'd still have to take enough points to get all the way down the tiers, so it wouldn't change much in the line of how you have to spend your points to get top tier skills, but man, I couldn't possibly care less about having bonus health considering a couple of the good Gunzerker skills are "the less health you have the more this awesome thing happens".

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Have they fixed Zero's legendary class mod? Last I read it still rather bizarrely had some of Salvador's skills on it.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

Goddamnit I was in the library listening to this, expecting to get a halfhearted chuckle out of it. I loving lost it at "EXPLOOOOSIONS, MOTHER*******"
Person next to me is pissed.

Judge Tesla posted:

So I now have a Mic which should make it easier to communicate with, rather than the old system of firing guns in the general direction I wish people to head in.

PSN: JudgeTesla and anyone who fancies a crack at Hyperious the Invincible can come on down and we can discuss strategies which will end up devolving into running around like mad firing wildly at him.

I'm slowly working on grinding my Gaige up to level fifty so I can use all the orange drops marogerah gave me. Should be up to their by sunday so I can join you then.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 26, 2012

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Is sniper spec for Zer0 on TVHM pretty useless then? I ripped through normal mode with it, have tons of perks and mods equipment for sniper damage/critical hit damage. I've loved playing this way so far, but the enemies move so fast in thhm I can barely even get criticals. Is it just unorthodox to go that route in that mode pretty much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Final skill in Mr. Torgue's middle skill tree will be called "WHAT THE HELL, THIS GUN ISN'T EXPLODING" and modifies every gun you have to fire Torgue ammunition in some way or another, allowing for explosive sniper rifles, exploding lasers shooting from railguns, and explosive Conference Calls. Because the only thing better than explosions from one direction is explosions from three directions.

Weapons that already use explosive ammo would explode more, and Tediore weapon reloads would cause damage in an area equivalent to small nuclear explosions ala Axton's turret.

I agree with all of this except for the Tediore bit. MR.TORGUE WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD USING SOME PUSSY WAL-MART GUN THAT DON'T EVEN EXPLODE RIGHT!

• Locked thread