Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Plant MONSTER. posted:

let's end this page with this picture from just now.

Thanks again everyone. I was certainly in a right state last night. Today I had McDonalds for the first time in a year.

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Plant MONSTER. posted:

PESTO IS BACK HOME PESTO IS BACK HOME I loving CAUGHT HIM I DID IT HOLY poo poo

I heard budgie sounds and he was up in this tree. He took off.

then he went to this tree. I went back home to grab the small cage with Mayo.

He vanished again. So I walked around the blocks with Mayo's cage, playing budgie noises. I eventually heard a faint call and followed it down a long pathway

spot him sitting on a power lines, but they're not super high up... I place the cage on a guy's truck. Guy gets out of his house and gets kinda of sketched/mad. Anyway. He saw Mayo and millet and came down. He wouldn't step up at first but when we went to chow down on millet I quickly scooped him up.

Mayo wags her butt out of delight.

I was out for about four hours this morning.

hollywood feel good movie when?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

GoldStandardConure posted:

hollywood feel good movie when?

Seriously, this.

Even my father is thrilled. :3:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Thank goodness :unsmith:

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Thanks again everyone. I was certainly in a right state last night. Today I had McDonalds for the first time in a year.

I went to bed that night bummed as hell, and hoping hard for you. I cannot describe the relief I had when I opened up the thread with 20+ new replies, and saw that Pesto came back.

You've got some good poofs.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
PESTO BIRD!!!! :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Budgies can be hardy little fuckers. So glad that Pesto is okay.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm still amazed, really. I can't stop replaying his return on loop in my mind!

I was so happy to see him after removing the blanket this morning. :3: Also Mayo is starting to learn that kissing noses = get treats

I've officially marked May 25th as St. Pesto's Return. A day of great import.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 27, 2020

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Hot dang I hadn't checked this thread for a couple days (it is usually my daily read) and I came back to a hell of a ride

This picture :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

So so so glad you two got Pesto back :love: :love: :love:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

The baby bird is growing quickly. (Top-left picture was on 5/17, center picture on 5/27.)
He’s going to be a little blue guy :) (75% chance he’s male based on his coloration vs. his parents.)

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hug in a Can posted:

The baby bird is growing quickly. (Top-left picture was on 5/17, center picture on 5/27.)
He’s going to be a little blue guy :) (75% chance he’s male based on his coloration vs. his parents.)

One tip from breeding budgies is to tap on the nest box before opening it. The parents will get used to that warning and vacate instead of you having to battle everytime.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Baby birds really remind you these things have dinosaurs in their lineage

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Baby birds look SO itchy.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Today is the day.

Today is Tango Thursday (or Welcome Wednesday, for you folk in America I guess).

Tangoparents are bringing him over this afternoon, plus all his cages and accessories etc. Its good to see some people who have put in as much care when it comes to rehoming a bird as they have in taking care of one, they went through a lot of meetings and enquiries to find people they thought would give Tango a good home, and they have also said that if things don't work out (eg: he can't settle into his new home and is just agro & loud 24/7) they will take him back for the same price as we are paying, and have also offered to pet sit him if we ever need to go on holiday!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Today is the day.

Today is Tango Thursday (or Welcome Wednesday, for you folk in America I guess).

Tangoparents are bringing him over this afternoon, plus all his cages and accessories etc. Its good to see some people who have put in as much care when it comes to rehoming a bird as they have in taking care of one, they went through a lot of meetings and enquiries to find people they thought would give Tango a good home, and they have also said that if things don't work out (eg: he can't settle into his new home and is just agro & loud 24/7) they will take him back for the same price as we are paying, and have also offered to pet sit him if we ever need to go on holiday!

We need more Bird Days again.

Thursday's are now Tango's.

Congratulations.

:derptiel:

(POST PICTURES!)

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Captain Log posted:

(POST PICTURES!)

soon

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
Oh God Pesto on bird adventures! I'm so relieved to hear he's home and safe!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
tango update: puffed into a one legged borb and asleep on my shoulder

he is not a fan of phones so i'll snap some pics when he is fully settled

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

:3:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

If he's asleep, he can't complain about having his photo taken :eng101:.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

is he settled yet :f5:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Lookit dat happy sleepy little birb!

Seriously, I'm wonderfully surprised Birb is already so relaxed!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
oh, what a beauty

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

He's so beautiful!

So calm too... For now :birdthunk:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

perfection

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

gorgeous baby

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

he looks like he smells like fruit punch

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

When Amadeus starts begging it is usually for one of three things (four, if one counts bedtime, but that one is easy to translate): snacks, a bath, or a sip of bottled water. His priorities aren't necessarily in that order.

When I came home this afternoon the begging was for a bath. This meant emptying, cleaning, and refilling his water dish because of course one mustn't use the same water for drinking and bathing, no matter how clean it already is. I did this for him (he rode along on my shoulder to ensure no funny business) and put his dish back and he clearly wanted it; he hopped from my shoulder to the dish rim but then just scurried back and forth across it in a way that had a strong air of yes and thank you, But...!!!

After a moment he wanted to be back on my shoulder, still antsy-pantsy, and then I thought to take out Charlie's water dish and empty and clean and refill it, just like I'd done for Ama. As soon as I'd set the bowl of new water back in Charlie's cage (Charlemagne, for his part, was eyeing these proceedings with benign indifference), Ama hopped back off my shoulder to get to his own cage, scaled down to his bowl, scurried around it excitedly, and then began dunking himself.

Amadeus wanted his brother to have clean water too. :kimchi: :kimchi:

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

When Amadeus starts begging it is usually for one of three things (four, if one counts bedtime, but that one is easy to translate): snacks, a bath, or a sip of bottled water. His priorities aren't necessarily in that order.

When I came home this afternoon the begging was for a bath. This meant emptying, cleaning, and refilling his water dish because of course one mustn't use the same water for drinking and bathing, no matter how clean it already is. I did this for him (he rode along on my shoulder to ensure no funny business) and put his dish back and he clearly wanted it; he hopped from my shoulder to the dish rim but then just scurried back and forth across it in a way that had a strong air of yes and thank you, But...!!!

After a moment he wanted to be back on my shoulder, still antsy-pantsy, and then I thought to take out Charlie's water dish and empty and clean and refill it, just like I'd done for Ama. As soon as I'd set the bowl of new water back in Charlie's cage (Charlemagne, for his part, was eyeing these proceedings with benign indifference), Ama hopped back off my shoulder to get to his own cage, scaled down to his bowl, scurried around it excitedly, and then began dunking himself.

:kimchi: How are your birds even real? :kimchi:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Chaosfeather posted:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can you like record a short lecture of Amadeus saying that one mustn't bathe in one's drinking water because Sinbad does that all the time even though he has a pristine second bowl for that purpose available. He needs to be taught.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Chaosfeather posted:

I truly don't know

SuperKlaus posted:

Can you like record a short lecture of Amadeus saying that one mustn't bathe in one's drinking water because Sinbad does that all the time even though he has a pristine second bowl for that purpose available. He needs to be taught.

:laffo: not a care in the world, that Sinbad.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Crouton and Galbedir usually only bathe in clean water but they will happily drink water they've just pooped in if you don't stop them :mad:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

bird communication/interactions like that are always amazing

a great one I had with Taco is when I was sitting at my desk, and she wandered over to an empty food/water dish that was laying around on my desk and put her head in it and started making water dripping sounds (that she makes when she wanted a drink or a bath, or if she saw us drinking). I pick her up and walk over to the bathroom and turn on the tap and cup my hands under it so she can get some water or have a bath, and she walks down my arm towards the water, but stops half way down and then runs back up to my shoulder to rub her face/beak against my chin a few times, then runs back down my arm to have a bath.

Parrots are funny little creatures.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

If something is wrong (explicitly, if humans are not holding birb) Teeka yells. What a great communicator

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

a great one I had with Taco is when I was sitting at my desk, and she wandered over to an empty food/water dish that was laying around on my desk and put her head in it and started making water dripping sounds (that she makes when she wanted a drink or a bath, or if she saw us drinking). I pick her up and walk over to the bathroom and turn on the tap and cup my hands under it so she can get some water or have a bath, and she walks down my arm towards the water, but stops half way down and then runs back up to my shoulder to rub her face/beak against my chin a few times, then runs back down my arm to have a bath.

what a handsome boy!!! Love that name too... what a sweet face :)

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Trev lets me know when he wants a bath in the kitchen sink. Normally he will just dive into anything that looks remotely wet (ugh) and attempt to go to town doing his little "water dance". Cricket will tell me "PLAY IN WATA" and that's how I know she wants a bath. Trevor tho, once we are in the kitchen, will run up and down along the sides of the sink, fluttering his wings in his bath dance move, and then making little happy noises as he gazes into the sink (which when he wants a bath is usually full of dishes I am trying to get into the dishwasher. So, of course, ALL the dishes come out while he dances and squeaks happily, and I clean out the sink. He gets his bowl and the faucet turned on cold and he goes to town. He knows tho where the water comes from cos he has been trying to use the handle but he isn't big enough lol. And I know HE KNOWS cos he does it to the bathroom faucets too while dancing.

I love how they tell us what they want....they are so smart!! (Sometimes)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Crouton and Galbedir usually only bathe in clean water but they will happily drink water they've just pooped in if you don't stop them :mad:

Disco Salmon posted:

what a handsome boy!!! Love that name too... what a sweet face :)

Trev lets me know when he wants a bath in the kitchen sink. Normally he will just dive into anything that looks remotely wet (ugh) and attempt to go to town doing his little "water dance". Cricket will tell me "PLAY IN WATA" and that's how I know she wants a bath. Trevor tho, once we are in the kitchen, will run up and down along the sides of the sink, fluttering his wings in his bath dance move, and then making little happy noises as he gazes into the sink (which when he wants a bath is usually full of dishes I am trying to get into the dishwasher. So, of course, ALL the dishes come out while he dances and squeaks happily, and I clean out the sink. He gets his bowl and the faucet turned on cold and he goes to town. He knows tho where the water comes from cos he has been trying to use the handle but he isn't big enough lol. And I know HE KNOWS cos he does it to the bathroom faucets too while dancing.

I love how they tell us what they want....they are so smart!! (Sometimes)

Eejit posted:

If something is wrong (explicitly, if humans are not holding birb) Teeka yells. What a great communicator

I love all of these posts lol

birds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Here's Ama flipping out on his wheel post-bath yesterday, sound on.

https://i.imgur.com/G0EL2J0.mp4

I'm in love with the enraged little HONK!! a couple seconds in where he's so worked up he forgets how to breathe

e: cannot figure how to make it smaller

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 30, 2020