Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Our quaker is clipped and I swear to god flies better then our budgie does. drat bird flies circles around us and through our apartment. Our lovebird is amazing though because he flies so elegantly compared to the quaker. Just swoops and hovers around so easily. I don't think we are going to clip our quakers wings when they regrow and our other birds really won't allow us to clip their wings since the lovebird runs as soon as he sees hands. Birds :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Official Bizness posted:

gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. Mamacita did it again. gently caress. We have babies.

More lovebirds yes! :getin:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Our quaker gizmo gets that way to me every few days. I work 12 hour on night shift and always try to see her for a little bit before I go to work. Most of the time with her though its just her being pissy at me for jot spending more time with her. Usually she stops but that's because I've built a game of peekaboo into her when I cover her head with my hand.

Doesn't do poo poo for the lovebird though. He just wants to bite you and laugh the little rear end in a top hat

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I agree get him a hut or something similar. Cage aggression depends on the quaker and our girl hasn't got it yet thankfully. But the key thing for your little guy is you can put him in there and he can rest his feet. I think he will latch on to it really fast once he seed that he can lay in there with no problem and not have to do anything with his very tired and sore feet. I feel so bad for the little guy :(

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The food aggression might just be the fact that he is worried you'll take it away from him and start feeding him like the old owners. He's finally eating something that tastes good and is filling to him (and probably not making him sick all the time) and is worried about it disappearing. It's a good sign :)

And growling in a baby Quaker is normal I think. Our girl didn't start making real noises till a good month or two after we got her. It was pretty much just little growls and she doesn't quake just does rapid head bobbing :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
He sounds like a sweetie but you can tell his beak needs a really good trim.