Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I've been bitten by the bird bug (and several birds). My girlfriend has had cockatiels her whole life, and since she moved here has been without a bird. She has a house now where we both live, and we're more or less in a position where we could have a bird. We've been talking about it for a while, and shes interested in maybe getting a 'tiel or a cockatoo. So, while we were visiting her family in Seattle, we went to a fantastic bird store on Mercer Island (twice, actually) and met Patrick, the bare-eyed cockatoo:

Sadly, the circumstances weren't right for us to buy him, and I really, really wish they had been. He's been hand raised by the store's staff since he hatched in March, and he's really friendly and curious. He also points with one of his feet when he wants scritchies and likes to cuddle against your body (or head if you let him climb up to your shoulder). He also remembered us (maybe?) when we came back the second time to visit. His brother Kyle also got very jealous if Patrick was receiving too much attention, and the two of them together were a riot. But the staff said that while he's for sale, he's not ready to go home with anyone yet, and our vacation was coming to an end. Combined with the difficulties of our travel plans to return home and the fact that we'd immediately be working a ton and not at home with him right when we got back, things between Patrick and us just weren't meant to be.

So, does anyone know of any good cockatoo or cockatiel breeders or good pet stores in the Minneapolis/St.Paul MN, Fargo ND, or Sioux Falls SD areas that we could go to once we're in a better position? My searches online turned up very little beyond rescue programs, which we are a little wary of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Maybe getting a Goffin's cockatoo, Nicky. Just got off the phone with the current owner. Her aunt had him, but after a double hip replacement and couldn't handle the responsibility. The current owner had previously had an orange-winged amazon for 35 years, before a dog killed it. She agreed to care for Nicky, but it's just emotionally too much for her. He's about 10 years old, and they make it sound like he has a very vocal and playful personality, in addition to being an escape artist regardless of changing cage locking mechanisms. At some point prior to their knowing/owning the bird one of his wings was injured, and as a result, he does not fly. In the pictures, he looks happy, full feathers, expressive. Also, I don't think they know how expensive birds are, because they only want $400 for the bird, cage, toys, everything. I'd be concerned it was a scam if weren't for the phone conversation I just had.

That being said, I am a bit concerned, because he lives a good 5-6 hour drive away, and I've never met or interacted with him. I understand that we could drive down, decide that the personality or behavior of the bird has changed our decision to buy, and leave without buying him, but because I will likely have to take time off of work at the last minute for the trip, it'd prefer if that didn't happen. Also, while my girlfriend has owned birds her whole life (and wanted to get one since she moved here and bought a house) I have never owned a bird before, and a cockatoo is a huge time commitment, and not necessarily a beginner's pet. We've been researching like mad for months and spending time with birds of all kinds at pet stores as much as we can, but that's no substitute for the experience of owning and living with an animal.

What do you folks think? Is this a good idea, a bad idea, potentially either?

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Eejit posted:

Incredibly huge commitment. You need to view it like adopting a child, not buying a pet. Cockatoos have super intense social needs, you need to be able to spend a lot of time around the bird in addition to spending like an hour physically holding the bird. If you can provide a flock for them, they are amazing animals. But if they don't have a flock, they will quickly develop behavior disorders.

As long as the bird isn't already aggressive or a plucker, you are gonna be able to make a good friend. But you need to be able to provide that social support for them, that is the absolute #1 concern as a cockatoo owner myself.

It's a difficult decision. WHY are you considering adopting thus bird? It could be an amazing opportunity for you or a big burden

We've talked about it at length and in detail, and ultimately we want a pet, and for the time being, don't want kids. More specifically we want a bird. She's always lived with birds until she had to move here for work and her sister kept the bird they had together, and I've been falling in love with them the more I spend time with them. We've been looking at and interacting with lots of different species at pet stores both locally and on the few occasions we leave town, and we like the personalities of bigger birds, especially cockatoos.

We've also spent a lot of time talking about whether or not we will be able to give a cockatoo the time and attention it needs to be happy and healthy. We both work full time, but neither of our hours are too outrageous, and both of our jobs are within 5 mins of the house. Spending a little time playing in the morning and over lunch hour and then at minimum several hours after work is a time commitment we feel comfortable with, and time when we're typically at home to begin with. We understand that this time will be spent differently than we spend it now. We're aware and comfortable that this commitment will last 30-40 years. We feel as though we're in a position to make this sort of commitment and that we're ready for it, and that we'd be able to provide a good home for a cockatoo.

We're probably going to make the trip to meet Nicky, but we've agreed that if his personality isn't right, that we need to be prepared to turn the car around and come home without him.

EDIT: Just read the above two posts. We aren't 100% dead set must-have a cockatoo, but we feel like it's probably worth meeting this bird, and before we do, discussing it and researching. It's not that we just started talking about this today, we've been thinking about it for a while now, but this is the first realistic opportunity we've had to adopt/purchase a cockatoo, so now we're trying to make the right decision.

Oldsrocket_27 fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 3, 2016

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
This is Nicky:

My Girlfriend and I drove down the 5 1/2 hours today to meet him (and then back). He was cautious about the two strange people who showed up at his house at first, and would back away and eye us suspiciously, but he was quickly won over enough to let us hold him and give him skritchies. We also got a more complete story on his ownership while we were there. It turns out that the lady who had him was also the same person who had double hip replacement surgery, as well as 11 or so other surgeries on her legs and joints due to a major accident. She and her husband did not have a computer, and e-mail address, or smartphones at all, which is why her niece put together the classified ad for her and where our confusion came from. She'd been in the hospital for weeks at a time and was gone to physical therapy a lot after that, in addition to being in a cast for nearly a year and a half. As a result, she couldn't give Nicky the attention he needed and won't be in any shape to for a long, long time, which is why she decided she had to let him go.

We ended up adopting/buying Nicky. He's not tremendously well socialized, but he is a sweetheart; not at all aggressive or bitey and a sucker for a good neck rub. The former owner cried, she said she felt like she'd been a bad bird parent, and wanted him to have the home he needed and deserved. In the second picture you can see where his wing was injured. It happened before she got him, she doesn't know how. What we do know is how it affects his ability to use his wing. When he stretches, his right wing does not fan out completely like his left does, but instead stays folded from the carpus joint onward. We don't yet know if the injury is in the joint, a tendon, or something else, but once he's better acclimated we're going to have it looked at to get a better picture. He took the car ride surprisingly well, with fairly minimal yelling and only one small tantrum. He also liked dancing and bobbing with us to the radio.

We are incredibly happy. We also know we have a lot of work ahead of us socializing and training him, in addition to breaking at couple of bad habits. We plan to start by teaching him basic commands, beginning with stepping up. Right now he will get on your hand if he feels like it, but clearly doesn't know what the command means. There's going to be a lot of work there (and many seeds/other treats). We can also tell that he picks at the bald spot where his injury occurred, and we need to stop that. We're hoping it's due to the stress of poor socialization, but we aren't going to hope it just goes away. We were also told that he was given a little bit of a peppermint candy cane at night before bed, which we will absolutely not do, and will need him to stop expecting. Tonight he's exhausted from the day and has dozed off without fuss, but we doubt that will last. We've been reading a lot and watching videos on training cockatoos so that we can use appropriate methods to train him in a healthy and productive manner.

We have no illusions about how much work we have ahead of us, and we're fine with that. My girlfriend is a college professor and has a week and a half before she has to start work again for the fall semester, so she'll be at home with Nicky basically all day to help with the transition, and I'll be staying home to spend time with him before and after work. We've read that we shouldn't spend every minute of the day handling him right away, so we're going to try and balance direct handling time and time spent with us simply being present in the house with him carefully. We're also going to get him some more/better toys (the previous owners didn't have many for him), better perches, and a foraging feeder in addition to his dish to help give him engagement when we aren't directly interacting with him. He came with a 36x36x48in cage with a rolling stand, so we don't anticipate needing a bigger cage right away, though we may get him a nicer one later on. My parents also came by and met him, and since my father's retired he'll be stopping in with some regularity so that he and Nicky can get familiar with each other, so he can spend time with Nicky during the day when the GF and I can't get away from work. Dad seems enamored with him, so that should work out well.

Life just got a lot more interesting here, and we couldn't be happier.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Nicky kept chewing on the cabinet next to his cage, so we shifted it away. It is now juuuust barely too far away for him to touch, and he is trying so hard to reach it. But he's not willing to go down on the floor yet to do it, so he's just climbing up and down his cage and trying to reach, then bobbing back and forth for a bit, then trying again, and it is the funniest thing to watch.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Nicky is very curious about the kitchen light fixture, and displays his irritation at being unable to reach it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYuK-JmG4PE

It's also worth noting that his cage measures smaller than I thought just eyeballing it, so a larger cage will probably be in order at some point soon. He is getting a good 6-8 hours a day outside of it at least, though he hasn't worked up the courage to actually get off of it.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Nicky stepped up for the first time today! I held out my hand to him, to which he usually offers his head for more scritchies, and instead he climbed on! I made sure that he knew that this made him a Very Good Boy, and I wish I'd had a treat handy for him, but he seemed pleased. He got a little nervous after about a minute, so I let him back on to his cage. Attempts to replicate it with a little piece of almond have been semi-succesful. He went as far as to put one foot on my hand to be able to lean out far enough to grab the almond. I call it a win, and I let him know that he is still a Good Boy. Now he's continuing his quest to figure out how to operate the cabinet doors.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
OHGODYES LIL MACAW!

On the subject of feathers, Nicky almost certainly had been plucking a little bit at his previous home. There are bare spots on the insides of his legs that you can only see when his feathers are all laying flat, and a small bare spot at the top of his chest that you can only see when he takes a shower, in addition to the bare spot where his wing was injured. I'm certain he is no longer plucking though. He's stopped picking at his injury and the scab that was there when we got him is completely healed and gone now, and he's starting to get little bits of feathers on his legs. He's warming up to us quickly and he seems happy to get regular attention, play time, scritchies, etc. He is less pleased about his healthier diet, which lacks candy and potato chips and includes fruits and veggies, which are yucky unless blended up like a smoothie with a little water, in which case they are delicious.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Nicky: 1/10. His wing is such that he cannot ever fly again, but he remembers flying for sure, and can use his wings to enhance his jumping ability when he feels it's necessary.

Also, pictures:

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Just had a huge scare, still ongoing. Nicky pulled a feather he shouldn't have while preening on his wing and he started bleeding. We stopped it quickly, but he's super stressed and keeps looking at it like he wants to pick at it. We're staying up with him right now to make sure he doesn't re-open it, but I'm still super stressed about it. I'm so worried he's going to re-open it in the night and we'll wake up to find him bled out. The nearest avian vet is an hour and a half away and I don't think they do emergency calls. Should we make him a makeshift cone of shame? Should we stay up with him? Should we let him sleep?

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I don't think he'd sleep at all with a cone one, for one. He's acting pretty normally at this point, but he keeps going back to his wing like he wants to pick at it every couple of minutes.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

Probably just because it hurts him, if you pulled the feather and stopped the bleeding it should be fine. If you get really worried you can always just check in on him every now and then but things should be okay

We were lucky in that he pulled it out completely himself, so all we had to do was stop the bleeding. He preened around it gently to get the blood off his feathers and then we put him to bed. He seems fine this morning so far, so I'm sure he'll be ok. The whole thing just freaked me out a bit since I've heard about how quickly birds can bleed to death.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Official Bizness posted:

If it happens again, throw some flour on the wound and it'll stop the bleeding. I never have my actual Qwikstop on hand when my birds do something stupid.

We had some corn starch handy, it did the trick quite well.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
NIcky's new cage arrived on Friday. He's been...suspicious.

But a little bit of food can entice him to explore a bit.

He's still not all that comfortable with it yet though, and basically spends all of his time on his old cage, despite his toys' gradual migration starting to begin.

He also has taken to occasionally trying to fly if he's too fired up (usually if he thinks we should start making breakfast and we haven't yet) which results in him dropping like a flustered feather-covered rock. Afterwards, he always looks a little confused/embarrassed/upset, and steps up readily for a free ride back up on to his cage. I wouldn't mind as much if I weren't worried about him hurting himself falling, so we're probably going to have to either start moving breakfast earlier, or start playing with him to distract him when he starts his "I want breakfast now" tantrums.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
That's the same brand we got too, and we left the seed guard off, if for no other reason than it would get in the way of Nicky being able to climb down to the floor and back up again.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Leave me alone guys, I'm trying to nap!

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Nicky Image Dump:

He has discovered writing untensils

They are to be destroyed

All of them

Also, Nicky decided his shower wasn't long enough, soooo

Followed by hang-drying on a toy

You can see a little bit better here where he had been plucking at his last home. He's much happier now, and is doing much better.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

"Psst, are we past security yet dude? The concert's gonna start any minute!"

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I don't know why, but Nicky has gone from being my buddy, stepping up happily, hanging out with me at the table to deciding that I am no longer a good person. It's been going on for a few days now, and I don't know what triggered it, but he basically will only concede to allow a bare minimum of scritchies or come near me if I have food he wants and otherwise prefers that I leave him alone. He doesn't seem really distressed and he's doing great with my girlfriend, so I'm not too worried that it will lead to destructive behaviors yet. I'm trying to re-build our trust, but the whole thing is really bumming me out, it makes me feel like I'm being a bad bird dad and I don't know in what way.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
We have found that the poor feeding/diet habits of Nicky's past owners are really coming back to haunt us. When we first got him, the former owners gave us a bag of food to go with with him. It was a cockatiel seed blend mixed with lots of varieties of potato and corn chips, and we found a cigarette butt in it. They said he would eat "almost anything" which we are guessing meant "almost any of the junk food they ate." He will not take fresh fruit or vegetables if offered to him. He will not take almond pieces, walnut pieces, or sunflower seeds (we haven't tried any other similar things yet). His behavior at mealtime makes it clear that he was always fed off of the table. We've gotten him a proper seed blend, and more importantly, we've found that he will fruits and leafy greens if we blend them, sometimes with a little bit of salt-free peanut butter, and with some water or almond milk. He will also eat plaincooked rice, plain pasta, bits of tortilla. He gets a smoothie daily, but he also still throws an extended temper tantrum most evenings around meal time (no we aren't starving him if we aren't eating something he can have, but he loathes to be fed anything different than what we're eating). We aren't sure what more we can do outside of continue to make him smoothies and keep offering as variety fresh fruits and veggies in hopes that he will find something he likes or begin to change his habits. My guess is it's going to be a long haul to the days of healthier eating.

Oldsrocket_27 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 11, 2016

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Have you tried incorporating the foods you want him eating into your meals? It sounds like he wants to eat what you guys are eating so he might be more amenable to eating fruits and veggies if he sees the humans eating them too. He's a totally different species but Charlie won't eat food he hasn't seen before until he sees me eat it.

We do that, fresh fruits and veggies are common snacks at our house. He will always want to try a bite, and then decide he is not happy with what we are eating.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
We got Nicky a bunch of plastic nut and bolt toys, where the shape of the head of the bolt and the shape of the nut correspond, but none of the colors do. He immediately understood how to take them apart, so I've been trying to teach him that shapes go together, not colors. Twice now, I've seen him smashing the triangle nut into the head of the triangle bolt instead of the threaded part, getting frustrated after a few minutes that they don't stay together, then throwing both of them angrily and moving on to a non-nut and bolt toy. So close, yet so far.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Just got a vet appointment for Nicky. We've been noticing some weird regurgitation behavior. He's not vomiting or spraying it around, but he's not regurgitating for us either, or for any particular object. What's more, he seems to have trouble doing it. He'll scratch around his beak vigorously for a second or two, the pump his neck. Usually his stuff comes up on the first try, but not always. It's usually undigested or partially digested food, and which he then nonchalantly eats again. He's been acting normally otherwise and there are no signs of moisture around his nose or vent, appetite changes, etc. but he's doing this daily for a couple of days now, and we'd rather not risk it.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Nicky got a hold of a ballpoint that I hadn't removed the ink cartridge from, and broke open the cartridge. He stopped and dropped it as soon as the cartridge popped, I assume because he didn't like the taste, but it still got ink all over the inside of his mouth. I'm giving him paper towels to chew on to try and get as much of it absorbed as possible. The only avian vet within driving distance doesn't have emergency services and their phone line is set to a constant busy signal after hours. We have an appointment tomorrow afternoon anyway, but is there anything else I can do right now? The pen wasn't branded, so I can't 100% confirm if the ink was non-toxic and I want to do everything I can. loving gently caress damnit gently caress.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Well, outside of an extended tantrum right after the incident, Nicky has been acting normally, and seems his regular self this morning. No signs of vomiting, no lack of energy, loss of appetite, loss of balance, etc. I'm still very glad we already had a vet appointment set for this afternoon though.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
:(

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Vet trip report: Judging by eye color, the vet thinks that Nicky is most likely a girl, not a boy like we were told. The pen she broke open shouldn't be a problem. She does, however, have mild bacterial and yeast infections, which are likely contributing in part to her odd regurgitation behavior, though it may also still be courtship behavior. A ten day medicine regimen should clear it up. Nicky was pissed about being taken away from the house, and Super pissed at being at the vet. She drew the blood of her enemies a poor vet tech as retribution. Once she realized she was coming back home with us instead of being re-homed again, she was much calmer, and is chilling in her cage preening now.

Also, Crows, I'm so sorry about Hu. I know it's rough, but it''s not your fault, just awful luck.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Dear Nicky,
Please stop trying to get at our coffee dregs. They are not for birds. You already have much more energy now that you're taking your medicine, and caffeine is not necessary.

Sincerely, the Oldsrockets.

P.S. You're still absolutely adorable though, please never stop.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Napping Knee Borb

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I'm so sorry for your loss Tendai. As per your request, here is a picture of a happy Nicky receiving scritchies.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

subpar anachronism posted:

Been doing both of these already unfortunately which is why this is so frustrating to me when we've been trying very hard to be consistent. They've been really effective against all the other screaming times but the toilet is the weird exception. I've been rewarding and making a huge deal over good noises like kissy noise, attempt to talk, the sad beepboop flock call; basically anything verbal but the shrieking. We're pretty consistent when we leave the room, we say 'be right back' and keep talking to him while we're doing whatever, but as soon as the toilet flushes he's right back to shrieking :(

He may just hate that sound. Nicky hates it when we take a shower, and as soon as she hears it she goes full tantrum mode unless she's really enthralled with whatever she's playing with and the other of us is in the room with her. As soon as we come back, she calms right back down like it never happened. She'll get mad if she hears us going to the bathroom or washing our hands sometimes too, though not full cockatoo. We think that she just doesn't like hearing running water where she can't see it. We haven't tried to do anything about it, mostly because she can tell when we are trying to train her, and will very rarely cooperate once she realizes what's going on, with rare exceptions in cases of "I really want some cashew that badly." For the time being, our focus is still on getting her to step up on command, not just when she feels like it.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Pip pip pip posted:

I have a conure and a cockatiel and I'm definitely voting 100% cockatiel as bird supreme.

Conure: 50/50 love/rage
Cockatiel: 50/50 love/dumb

Seems pretty straightforward to me??? :derptiel:

I'm not sure what the ratios are, but cockatoos have got to be some combination of love/mischievousness/insanity.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
What do you mean I'm not allowed to climb into the garbage can!?

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
x-post from PYF:
Nicky was very upset that we were downstairs folding laundry without her, but upon being brought downstairs for the first time, she wasn't too sure how well she liked it:

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
I need help with a discipline situation. My GF has been out of town, and Nicky has been using this time to push boundaries with me. She knows that she isn't allowed to chew on/ climb the cabinets, but she will, from time to time, deliberately go to them and try to do it anyway. She won't take to distractions when I try to direct her attention elsewhere or play with her with other toys. I can't determine a trigger for it. We can be happily playing, sitting together, just up from a nap, just finished eating, each doing our own thing, anything, and she will get it in her mind that it's cabinet time. After trying to distract her or play with her with toys, old ones or new ones, try training, ignoring her, anything, without success, I put her in time out to try to teach her that it's not acceptable, but she has started getting very angry about time out and refusing to go to her cage, which she used to always do when asked, regardless of the situation. I don't want to create learned helplessness, but I also want her to learn that the cabinets are off-limits. I also don't want her to associate having to go to her cage with only punishment, and not want to go to it when we need to leave the house. She would accept a simple "no" from my GF but just won't from me, and I'm running out of ideas as to how to train her in a healthy way.

Oldsrocket_27 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 27, 2016

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Shirec posted:

I think I already am and I definitely will!
If it's not too much trouble, can I get all the cockatoo advice/pictures/stories people care to share?

I don't know how it is with conures, but I've found that with a cockatoo if you work outside of your home full time, be prepared to plan all of your free time around your bird time. More importantly, be prepared to enjoy your bird time. I don't just mean, "When Gracie is doing well we'll all have a grand old time" I mean "Regardless of how well/challenging everything is going, be prepared to enjoy the time your have with your loving pets and companions, regardless of how much work it takes to mold a positive experience for everyone."

This is not to say that every day will be a struggle or that that every day will be a breeze, but that every day will take effort and some amount of discipline on your part, in addition to the easy cuddles and playtime. It's also not to say that you won't have any free time not devoted to your birds, but the way you spend your free time will almost certainly be scheduled around making sure you spend plenty of time with your birds.

These things might not be true in other people's experiences with cockatoo ownership, but since we got Nicky these have been the biggest things I've found that I need to be conscious of, and I can imagine having a multiple bird household could amplify them. That being said, it's all worth it. Cockatoos are rad pets that can break you eardrums, wreck your fingats, and melt your heart.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
When one of us goes to sleep earlier than the other, Nicky always gets upset. Recently, she's gone from yelling at us in hopes that we let her into the bedroom, and has attempted to take matters into her own claws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjROsVSGHDs&t=31s

E: Also, I cannot play this video anymore, because when she hears her own cries, it seriously distresses her. :(

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Taking Nicky to the vet today. Noticed behavior changes yesterday, today she's staying on both feet when perched, breathing heavily, very low energy. I'm trying so hard not to freak out.

EDIT: And now she's acting normally and I'm second guessing myself. I don't know if I was misinterpreting her just trying to rest or pouting and I don't know if I should put her through the stress of the 1 1/2 hour car ride.

Oldsrocket_27 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 26, 2017

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Double post rather than continually editing the same post. Talked to the vet on the phone, and we're going to keep an eye on her for now, and if she starts acting that way again, we'll bring her in. Since I've been waking up and moving in the house, she's back to normal behavior, no heavy breathing, balancing just fine, energetically attempting to make sure she has her toys spread to all corners of the house. My better half thinks she was just grumpy and still waking up from a morning nap when I got up and disturbed her, and I overreacted. I've been stressed out trying to find a job, so maybe I did just let it get to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Suntan Boy posted:

Went to Omar's today

Weeeeeeeeh

Yeeesssss, come to the fluffy bitey white side.