Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

No other pet will love you like your conure will.

Period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does your bird sit on your neck and fluff up trying to warm you when they know you are sick? Do they also fly back to their cage and pick up food or water and fly back and try to feed you?

Conure supremacy

(Amaya will post pictures :3: )

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

:ssh: I think I already covered that he does not.

I was just being a butt~~~

Finn's cage has the hut in it and Marceline's is closest to the Window. They sleep as close to possible to each other and make conversational peeps at each other. We need to replace some of their chew toys as they've absolutely destroyed them but overall they are pretty quiet and have tons of stuff to do. (We also keep them out for the majority of the day anyway.

Here are some more pictures since people want that I guess:

We've had to start closing the door for anything if we ever wanted privacy because Marceline will be flapping a second behind you to see what you are doing and call you a good girl.

The morning preen.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
On the topic of poops

Marceline has learned to mimic her own pooping sound and does it whenever she wants me to pick her up and tell her to poop. This is neat but also really bad because sometimes I don't catch it and she just loving poops anyway.

She's really good about throwing her butt over the side of something and pooping away from clothing though. (or flying back to a cage and doing it)

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Joe Don Baker posted:

I've found a few nearby breeders with GCC's and I've inquired about them. What size cage would you recommend for one? My mom has a few cages sitting around which I could use instead of buying a new one.

Ultimately it all depends on how much time the birds will stay in the cage. Amaya and I got by for about a year with some standard cages we got because we had the birds out all of the time. Where they would only be in the cages to sleep and eat.

We eventually ended up getting these and it seems to be for the best. The cages were linked a lot in the last thread and I don't have them saved but I'm sure somebody else will actually add the link.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I vote on fake shooting him and watching him fall over dead

..yes...

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Amaya and I have been pretty sick over the past few days and we've done our best to isolate the birds but now Marceline is sneezing a lot and having some liquid poo. She's being really cuddly though and all but with it being Thanksgiving everything is closed so now I'm freaking out on what to do.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm actually pretty furious over a conversation with an animal cruelty awareness supporter who said birds weren't being harmed in pet stores and that the real abuse comes from dogs/cats being mistreated.

Zomodok fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 26, 2012

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Finn lets me grab his right foot and shake it slightly up and down while I say "nice to meet you" as he bobs his head.

Soon he will want to shake the hands of all muwahahhHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH :3:

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
All attitude problems with both Marceline and Finn that we had one they began flying everywhere ended when we clipped their wings the first time.

I don't know how but they got the message and now that they each are flying again it's perfectly fine.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm going to get a carving of Marceline for Marceline's christmas present just so I can scare Marceline what is wrong with me.

YOU BE GOOD OR YOU WILL SEE YOURSELF

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That sounds like whoever was taken care of him while you were gone scared the living poo poo out of him with their hands and now you get to pay the price for it.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thats for the one game a month ordeal going on over in Games so hopefully we'll have something concrete to demo at the end of January

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DarkHorse posted:

Just be careful what he means by "local breeders." Pet stores say that all the time, but you have to consider what sort of responsible breeder sells to a pet store where they have no control over where their animals end up, and will likely go to anyone who has enough dough and not necessarily enough preparation or experience.

Hey, you said to try and convince you! :v: (If you do decide to get a bird you'd better post a bazillion pictures, I love Finn and Marceline)

The only thing wrong with this pet store is that the cages he keeps the birds in are a tad on the small side. However he seems to take the birds out at EVERY opportunity and he also has a Macaw and two cockatoo's in the store that he plays around with. All of them are also hand fed and have no fear for hands and the Pineapple let both of us just hold it which ever way we wanted.

We are waiting for our landlord to give us the OK before we go up and make a serious decision :ohdear:

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The new bird is just barely 2 months old and seriously loves being upside down and cuddling and hasn't been loud and oh my god.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Our birds have began to make ☭+*The Birdie Pack*+☭

Finn is obviously the leader and won't take poo poo from anybody or else he'll show you who produces the poop☭
Marceline is the hardlucked bird with a trouble past trying to take care of the group
Marshall is the newcomer trying to earn his ☭☭feathers☭☭ with the group, but will he be accepted into the flock?

Wait, nobody makes stories up about their birds :smith: ??

edit; made sure this post was okay with new subforum rules

Zomodok fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 22, 2013

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Might be a bird-watching-other-bird learning thing. Is it as derpy as a Quaker doing it? Because Finn always looks like he's about to topple over.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

alucinor posted:

HAHAHA what? I have literally never heard this. I was originally going to get a conure but I was told they are the loudest of the small parrots!

Depends on the conure. Green Cheeks are normally the quietest birds with Sun Conures up there on the "gently caress it's loud"

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

SaNChEzZ posted:

Ritz LOVES standing on faces. Oh, you're laying down? Sure, I'll put one foot in your mouth and the other up your nose while I preen.

Every time I wake up from a nap.

Every. Time.

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If laws and the social aspects of this world actually cared about birds I'd tell you to call animal services for abuse but birds are perfectly fine in cages all the time no matter :derp:

That bird is going to die and it's going to be absolutely loving pathetic as it could have been prevented.

edit; His manchild behavior has me thinking of a neckbeard wow player who won't shut up about mlp and his bronies and I don't know why this sterotype is the one I'm choosing for this dude

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I know it's not cool to play favorites when you have 3 birds but Finn is probably my favorite.

Finn, finn just gets me.

edit; He fist bumps me okay? He gets me

Zomodok fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 15, 2013

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Marshall's thing to do is to get as flat as possible.

I want you to imagine the small gap that is from the floor to the bottom of the door in a closed door. I want you to imagine how a bird could flatten itself to be able to get underneath that gap.

And now you've got Marshall's new game. I'm pooping bird go away

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Malalol posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv2mVg36rAc
Rounding it out with creepy talking budgie masturbation

This video started off with the budgie so close to the camera that it made me feel like he turned the camera on as if to show the entire world his sick video

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Kenshin posted:

An experience familiar to many of us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HT6siis_PE

Not once did this bird poop on the keyboard <:mad:>

Though Marshall and Marceline both go after mouse hands for some reason?

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I'm guessing the owner isn't too bright and just threw them both in the same cage when she got them. Especially since they're less than a year old.

Which has created the most adorable crime fighting team from what it sounds like. They roam the house together looking for crime to fight :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I am trying so hard to grab a video of Marshall playing with his new toy because it's absolutely hilarious but anytime he see's me he instantly stops and goes back to acting like he hates it.

I'm on to you bird.

edit;

got you bird https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_jhIMTDA7o

(find the part where he noticed me)

Zomodok fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 23, 2013