Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
If the ESPN app ends up being even marginally decent I think we can say WinRT is the greatest development platform of all time. I've already said this once today but that company seriously sucks at software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Sporadic posted:

Pepperplate (http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/494557f9-8871-47a3-89f2-42ae56aca3f4) is pretty cool.

You can grab recipes from anywhere. It even worked with the Food Network app.

I freaking love this app, but how are you getting it to grab recipes from Food Network? Works fine from Epicurius, but when I open the share charm from Food Network's app, Pepperplate is not in the list of apps.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Sporadic posted:

I don't know to tell you the truth. I was thinking it only worked on certain recipes but, when Pepperplate stops showing up on the share charm, it doesn't show up on recipes it use to.

Maybe there's a limit of recipes you can copy from the app or something?

I haven't shared a single recipe, since Mail and OneNote only get the recipe title and nothing else, so I don't think that's it. That is just messed up that the behavior is inconsistent like that. People doesn't show in my share charm either (testing on that exact recipe).

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

ThermoPhysical posted:

The Verge has an interesting article that states how Windows 10 is worse for Microsoft than Windows 8 was because of how they've stripped out a lot of things in 10 that worked fine in 8 and 8.1 just because of complaints. They've literally just took 7 and changed it up with teeny bits of 8 instead of 8 with bits of 7 or whatever.

The article goes on to state that this could bite MS in the rear end because while Google and Apple are pushing ahead with new things in ChromeOS and OS X respectively, Microsoft is stuck catering to people complaining about them trying to move ahead and they'll end up stagnating in the tech world because of it.

I haven't tried 10 Preview yet as the ISO is still burning (found out my usual USB drive for poo poo like this is dying...joy) but my friend has stated that yes, it is pretty much Windows 7...Start Menu and all.

Link?

I haven't tried it yet but that criticism doesn't really register with me. What features from 8/8.1 have been removed? As far as I've seen from videos all the big ones are there, they've just changed the presentation. And while you could characterize the change as backwards by comparing it to Windows 7, you could just as well characterize it as forwards since it moves Windows closer to the current UIs of ChromeOS and OS X.

• Locked thread