Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I loved King's Bounty the Legend and Armoured Princess. Just started this one a little while ago and I can't stop playing. One thing I love about the series is the music and they did not disappoint me on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I always thought all of the KB games take place in parallel.

I thought the story of AP was to find your character in the first KB? Even if it isn't its still the grown up version of the princess from the previous game.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I thought rage abilities were crap when I started with viking vortex and the first valkyrie skill. Then I got Lord of the North and oh my I'm destroying everything on the first turn.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Well I just fought the giant spider boss and wrecked it with Berserkers and Jarls doing most of the work. It sucks that I wasn't able to use rage skills but it was easy enough. This game is much easier than the legend and armored princess. Its nice that you don't have to keep running around to refill units that much but part of me feels disappointed. Still amazingly fun and addictive like the other two of the series though.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I don't like how the game pretty much only allow you to use Viking and Human troops. Sure there are a few Dwarven units here and there but thats about all I ever see, just Vikings and Humans. The other two games you have to run around and keep changing your troops when they run out. Then again I still haven't gotten that Demonis portal open yet, I hope I'm not very far into the game yet.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I found an item from one of the shops called Mark of the Betrayer which "increases damage of soldiers by 20%." What are soldiers? Is there a unit called soldier? Does it mean human units? Or all units?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Lord of the North is the strongest rage ability ever. It will destroy 50-70% of the enemy troops on the first turn. I think I've completely maxed it out and as a Warrior class I'm able to refill rage constantly and use the Valkyrie skills non stop. Rage skills are completely bonkers compared to the previous games.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I found two Portraits of the Dragon and they stack apparently. I have a 44% to 66% crit rate for all my troops and with Absolute Rage's 50% bonus crit damage the damage they can do is amazing. I've been using Rangers, Soothsayers, Rune Mages, and Paladins. What are some good high level human, elf, dwarf, or viking units? Ents are too slow and Knights seem somewhat weak. I've completely bone dry of Viking units. The berserker stacks are running dry and I really need a replacement.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I made my way out of Demonis and still haven't gotten to Riftlands yet so I guess its a long way off. I got a bunch of quests for that place real early in the game though.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Taear posted:

That essentially means that I'll need to replace my paladins and knights then. That really sucks, I'm not sure what I can use instead. Maybe... orc elites? And my demonologists too, alas.

And the Archmage only had 30 mages, are there other sources I can use? There's a tent on Merlassar with a few human units, I guess.

Thats part of the fun of the King's Bounty series though. Constantly making new teams instead of just using the same ones you get at the start for the whole game.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Invincible and deadly armies aren't really that dangerous later on. Invincible doesn't actually mean you can't beat them its just their army is so much bigger than yours if you turn on autobattle with no rage/magic you'll never win. I noticed that most of if not all enemies are deadly and above as you get further. Even then with all your rage abilities creating ice, your fire golem, soothsayer mind controlling, rune mage images and such. Its like shooting fish in a barrel they can't even reach you 90% of the time. I haven't had to replace my army for the longest time.

Also crit damage increase talent with crit chance stacking is great. Its satisfying seeing huge crit numbers and entire stacks flopping over dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWMAlOPAdyU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I found my way back to Demonis again after reaching the dwarf area. Is there any way to visit the other islands there? I can see names of castles on my map but theres no way over. I assumed it wasn't opened the first time I went there but going there the second time I find its still locked. When do I get to see the rest of it.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Taear posted:

So for those of you who have been to Riftland - I either have a bugged quest or I'm missing something important.

The witch wants me to make her a dress. The dressmaker wants me to find his 5 ornaments. I have already found the five ornaments but all I can ask him about is the dress and he tells me to find his ornaments before he can make it. I don't really know how to resolve this, because my quest journal does say I have the ornaments!

The king also wanted me to find his son on Fastland. I've got a banner that updated my journal and tells me to go back to the king, but nothing happens. The king even has that green flag above his head to say he's ready, but nothing!

Has anyone else come across these?

I finished some of the quests at Riftland yesterday. I managed to pick up the flag and turn the flag back to the king no problem. It was a simple fetch and return. I haven't finished the dress for the witch quest yet so I can't comment on that. I'll have to find the stuff for the seamstress viking first.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Yeah I'm having issues with some quests as well. Some are impossible to finish like finding the cabin boy who mysteriously vanished. And a few more I can't think of on the top of my head. They're still in my journal. The latest King's Bounty really dropped the ball on bug testing. The first two were way more polished and I don't even remember them throwing that many patches out to fix things.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Quarex posted:

Is that the one on the early ice island? Fastland? Probably not, because finding him is not the hard part, the part after that is the part that might seem bugged (you apparently have to actually walk, not fly, over part of the island to get it to trigger, we decided earlier).

Its the one with the big spider. I've searched everywhere on the island inside the cave, at the peak, the whole island and I've yet to see the cabin boy. I don't know what happened so I just gave it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

All my rune mages died and I'm sad now. I can't find anymore either. Oh well time to try another unit!

• Locked thread