Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Each troop as a supply of each rune type which is reset after each battle. I think they typically have one of each, but Soothsayers give all Vikings one extra of each. You can see this on the tooltip for Runic magic on the troop's detail box.

Not sure if Runes stack, but it seems possible to activate more than 1 type per round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Dropbear posted:

The new units / abilities seem a bit.. odd, as well, for instance the addition that undead units drop a black glob of phleghm that does a huge amount of damage to anyone walking on it when they die. In short, at least for me this is nowhere near as good as the Legend / AP, but still a pretty fun timewaster.

Heals undead that walk on it instead. Dunno if it's only friendly ones or you could kill their undead and then walk your own undead onto it for a heal.

Carcer posted:

In battle runes are used to provide small but useful buffs to your units. Attack ruins raise they're damage a bit, defense ruins raise defense a bit and luck ruins seem to raise critical hit chances a bit.

Luck gives a decent chance to do a 2nd attack at the end of the round, it's pretty good.

Are rage abilities on a shared cooldown? Sometimes viking whirl locks me out of Lord of the North on the next turn.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 31, 2012

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
How does the raven work exactly? I thought the idea was you'd let him eat scrolls and then he'd know how to make them,but I can't seem to get him to do anything with the spells he has learned.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Offkorn posted:

He can only 'eat' Wanderer Magic scrolls (the spells that can only be cast out of battle). After you give him one (through the dialog option), you can talk to him and choose the "Could you write one for me?." option. A list of the spells he knows will then pop up. You can only ask him to write scrolls that aren't currently in your spellbook though.

Personally I've only ever found one Wanderer scroll so far (Depth of Thought), and he came with the "Gifts of Stones" spell.

Yeah, the problem is I can only seem to get him to list what spells he knows, I don't see any option to get him to actually write it out. It's really bugging me since I found Call Colossus on the 2nd island and had him eat it with the intent of rocking out some super troops. Do I need to have any supplies for him to write with or something?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Is just me or the Warrior Maidenīs resurrection skill is kinda broken?

Gift of Odin seems to only stop one counter attack too, when I give them a 2nd turn with my Jarls people start countering me.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Update on my Raven woes, he did eventually write Gift of Stone in my book. I don't remember asking him to, but whatever. I had him start writing Call Colossus, a bit later both Ancient Knowlage and Call Colossus turned up in there, so I really have no idea what is going on, but I got some Black Dragons from Call Colossus so I am happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
You know if you press Alt you can see everyone's turn order, right? No need to worry about who goes when.

• Locked thread