Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Dozerfleet 3 when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

once Portaxx finally animates Stationary Voyagers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't know if Dozerfleet's overly conservative views and concerning opinions about women would hit the same now.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Alaois posted:

once Portaxx finally animates Stationary Voyagers Trapezoid Kids

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

change my name posted:

Dozerfleet 3 when

I very much want another one, the two dozerfleet episodes are ones I could listen to on repeat. They’re easily my favorite episodes.

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know if Dozerfleet's overly conservative views and concerning opinions about women would hit the same now.

Yeah, they’re even funnier because those views are attached to someone who’s just that pathetic.

I feel like part of the appeal of the Dozerfleet stuff is that everyone knew That Kid back in school, and now here’s That Kid, grown up but completely unchanged.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I'm trying to find a specific episode--I can remember a line fairly clearly, but don't remember what it was in the context of the episode, but it was Boots saying something like "or being uploaded into GLF motherships--I'm flying away now!" The user he was reading may have been named Linda Starchild but I may be conflating another reading.

I know it's not Search for Terrestrial Intelligence or Waste from the Mothership. It may not have been in an aliens-themed episode.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Thinking it might be #38, Let Your Subconscious Be Your Guide.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

change my name posted:

Dozerfleet 3 when

Dozerfleet 1 was episode 121.
Dozerfleet 2 was episode 212.

Seems likely that Dozerfleet 3 will be episode 1212. :v:

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!
That's not a palindrome though.
It might be 1221.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Someone start a Rush forum doc for when episode 2112 comes around

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I would much rather hear more about the subject I think of as "nice dozerfleet", AKA saganfan1983

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Djeser posted:

I'm trying to find a specific episode--I can remember a line fairly clearly, but don't remember what it was in the context of the episode, but it was Boots saying something like "or being uploaded into GLF motherships--I'm flying away now!" The user he was reading may have been named Linda Starchild but I may be conflating another reading.

I know it's not Search for Terrestrial Intelligence or Waste from the Mothership. It may not have been in an aliens-themed episode.
I have now confirmed that this is from the butt ghosts episode.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I feel like Dozerfleet's conservatism wasn't really a key feature of the episodes about him, and there's probably plenty of similar stuff from other subjects that just doesn't get in docs or that doesn't get read. I don't know, I've never put together a doc, let alone one about Dozerfleet, but I get the impression it wouldn't be hard to find 10k more words from him that are about parody songs and bizarre children's shows that never existed without necessarily having to hear his opinions on gay people.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Double gay extravaganza is pretty cringey as a trans woman/bisexual in 2020 but I think it's one of the funniest episodes.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Thanks for the heads up about the link that got exposed to kiwifarms btw T-man

anyway I'll be the first to say You should go to Baaaallpit! thats https://ballp.it/index.php

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man lemon is going to see subs to ball pit go through the roof and wonder wtf

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

This site is finally going to die, and nobody's going to know except the ~5000 goons left because everyone else thought it died years ago. Seems like it should be bigger news though I guess who would actually talk about it? Reddit? They're still mad we took away their "free speech" subreddits.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Guys.

Does this mean we're gonna get another goon doc if goons are no longer in SA, since we're privy to our own drama?

Can't wait!

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

jonsicoli posted:

Guys.

Does this mean we're gonna get another goon doc if goons are no longer in SA, since we're privy to our own drama?

Can't wait!

Surprised nobody has submitted a doc with the walk across USA guy and the guy that built a zipline on a 30 degree angle.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

BootsRaingear posted:

Surprised nobody has submitted a doc with the walk across USA guy and the guy that built a zipline on a 30 degree angle.

The former is getting an ephemera by the end of the month. Likely titled 'America is the Dark Souls of Things You Can Walk Across'. Thanks. My experience of the zipline thread is that you can't tell the full story any more, without the missing photos, and that an audio format makes it even harder.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the zipline story really needs the pictures, because even someone with zero background in engineering and poo poo can see it and go 'this is gonna kill a kid'

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

That's a podcast I'm really hoping Well There's Your Problem gets around to, there must be something on archive.org somewhere.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

BootsRaingear posted:

The comedy in that was the pictures... now, TCC trip reports on the other hand...

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A Moose posted:

This site is finally going to die, and nobody's going to know except the ~5000 goons left because everyone else thought it died years ago. Seems like it should be bigger news though I guess who would actually talk about it? Reddit? They're still mad we took away their "free speech" subreddits.

you're forgetting that this site is like one or two degrees removed from the entire Too Online community for both comedy and leftism. We're gonna get a few moratorium pieces, the people who left years ago might say something like getfiscal, and the community of weirdos mad they got banned for saying slurs will be gross.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

sexpig by night posted:

yea the zipline story really needs the pictures, because even someone with zero background in engineering and poo poo can see it and go 'this is gonna kill a kid'

Yeah, it'd be like trying to include Groverhaus or Bathdoom. You could technically do it, sure, but you'd be missing so much that it's not even worth the hassle of trying.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

T-man posted:

you're forgetting that this site is like one or two degrees removed from the entire Too Online community for both comedy and leftism. We're gonna get a few moratorium pieces, the people who left years ago might say something like getfiscal, and the community of weirdos mad they got banned for saying slurs will be gross.

I feel like at this point we've even out-lasted the people who got banned. Is Something Sensitive still around? I guess Kiwi farms is still around

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1276916807094489088

I always confuse these guys with those terrible "OOH RAH THIS COFFEE'S MADE BY VETERANS FOR REAL AMERICANS NOT COMMIE CUCKS" Black Rifle Coffee that's made by an insane libertarian grifter as well.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

sexpig by night posted:

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1276916807094489088

I always confuse these guys with those terrible "OOH RAH THIS COFFEE'S MADE BY VETERANS FOR REAL AMERICANS NOT COMMIE CUCKS" Black Rifle Coffee that's made by an insane libertarian grifter as well.

Haven't listened to it yet but I just bet there's a bunch of "I had this for breakfast without any food and ended up barfing"

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This short is great, perfect for my morning walk, halfway through so I'll finish it tomorrow. Also my hands are freezing its about 2c and was down to -5c at 7am. Very cold winter for Australia this year.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
A festive gift exchange to cool off in this hot season. Or to warm up to in this cold season. Or... whatever, Christmas in July.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
aaaaand a new short! Return to tapas!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I am horrified at these back-to-back food abomination episodes

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This new one is an all-timer in the Dumb People Hurting Themselves Because The Internet Said So pantheon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumbermouth posted:

This new one is an all-timer in the Dumb People Hurting Themselves Because The Internet Said So pantheon.

yea holy poo poo so many of these are just kinda 'okay you're stupid and not doing good things but you'll probably just be an unhealthy idiot' but this is literally 'these idiots will kill themselves because the daughter of a man who ate his way into a death-coma wrote a poorly made diet based on her coma dad'

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019
the guy who was like "why can't I do NoFap while on my hokey all-meat diet" was the perfect summation of how horrible this poo poo is and how idiocy attracts further idiocy

also he was doing testosterone shots, so maybe that was what was making him hornéd up

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yavuz posted:

the guy who was like "why can't I do NoFap while on my hokey all-meat diet" was the perfect summation of how horrible this poo poo is and how idiocy attracts further idiocy

also he was doing testosterone shots, so maybe that was what was making him hornéd up

I feel like NoFap + meat-based fad diet + probably-unnecessary TRT is some kind of bingo for "guy on Reddit who probably has some legitimate problems in his life but is convinced they're all because of deficiencies in MANLY ESSENCE." I'm guessing the fact that r/ZeroCarb has specific guidelines about sexual health discussions means there are a lot of those dudes there.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

What that dude clearly needs to do is put a stick of butter in his coffee. Maybe also start doing a nootropics stack.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Djeser posted:

What that dude clearly needs to do is put a stick of butter in his coffee. Maybe also start doing a nootropics stack.

Hear me out here: fully animal-derived Soylent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Loved the new short, these are great little bites.