Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

tokin opposition posted:

TV tropes for vibes > innocuous fetishes > problematic fetishes > sissykiss > anime fandom

sissykiss is way more of a gen x/boomer thing it seems, most of the people in the episode(s) were middle-aged. Idk if that makes it better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

As the resident aesthetics liker let me also say: this wiki is dumb, trying to classify aesthetics like this is rear end-backward, and a lot of the poo poo is what these people would have as their fursona's theme if they were furries, or loose "aesthetics" assembled around a popular music genre like synthwave or something.

I still think it's silly and mockable, the WTF factor is just a lot lower because like, I have found fashwave in the wild. I have listened to both laborwave and sovietwave and sovietwave is the far more artistically interesting genre of music. I have opinions about dungeon synth subgenres. I once posted on a comfy synth youtube channel's youtube interview with a creator who was making a cottage synth version of a notorious neonazi black metal band's songs. This wasn't Supernatural Fanon Wiki to me, this was Pitchfork album reviews.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcad8fQcLRM

so yeah, at least one of those slimecore bands is real

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

not what i expected that to sound like

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

Ironic Twist posted:

I wonder if their subculture has a wiki page

Wait, god drat it
Fine

watho
Aug 2, 2013

https://rexette.bandcamp.com/album/format-your-reality-ep

this is a pretty good 2013 drum and bass ep from sludge junkies

watho
Aug 2, 2013

like i’m looking into the artists and they all seem to be pretty cool and influential people in one way or another. like the sounds of the artists feel very contemporary for 6-8 years ago. there’s no connection to anything else on the wiki. like yeah sludge junkies has sludge in the name but that’s it. there’s no connective tissue between them, bleep bloop, poison ivory, and LE1F. i’m so loving confused

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Youth Decay posted:

sissykiss is way more of a gen x/boomer thing it seems, most of the people in the episode(s) were middle-aged. Idk if that makes it better or worse.

Gen Z and millennials are more into femboys

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

bony tony posted:

Gen Z and millennials are more into femboys

Good, sissies are creepy as hell and should be left in the past :colbert:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Not that femboys don't have their own baggage and such, but yes, the notion that femininity no matter your gender is a punishment or a kink is awful and should be left behind.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Count Uvula posted:

Good, sissies are creepy as hell and should be left in the past :colbert:

I ran across the site NiteFlirt recently and considered making a doc on it, before seeing that a doc on that site was submitted and ended up becoming an Extra Credit episode. The site is clearly aiming at an actual-boomer demographic (one operator's bio described herself, in TYOOL 2021, as "a mixture of Bettie Page and Jenna Jameson"). As a result of the site's demographics, there is a genuinely-upsetting amount of homophobia, transphobia, and racism all over it. Having only encountered sissy content in FPlus episodes, combing through the stuff that is out there in the wild was kinda depressing.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit does a retake of r/short and Spaced God does a retake of Extra Credit.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

LanceHunter posted:

I ran across the site NiteFlirt recently and considered making a doc on it, before seeing that a doc on that site was submitted and ended up becoming an Extra Credit episode. The site is clearly aiming at an actual-boomer demographic (one operator's bio described herself, in TYOOL 2021, as "a mixture of Bettie Page and Jenna Jameson"). As a result of the site's demographics, there is a genuinely-upsetting amount of homophobia, transphobia, and racism all over it. Having only encountered sissy content in FPlus episodes, combing through the stuff that is out there in the wild was kinda depressing.

Fun fact: that is one of my favorite episodes.

Also sissy content is terrible and I've seen one too many arguments that sissy is trans for my lifetime. Stay tuned for us rereading Sissykiss in the future.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Saw that the new episode went up, and I just wanted to ask the Extra Credit gang how they have been managing to do such a good job of churning out content recently. It felt like there's been a firm shift from an episode every other week to a new episode nearly every week.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Saw that the new episode went up, and I just wanted to ask the Extra Credit gang how they have been managing to do such a good job of churning out content recently. It felt like there's been a firm shift from an episode every other week to a new episode nearly every week.

Yeah I'm nearly all the way through the back catalogue and slamming my fists on the table screaming "more more more more"

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

IBroughttheFunk posted:

it's a self-imposed challenge and so far we're succeeding. we figure some weeks will be a short instead of a full episode but our aim is to release something each week. if it gets to be too much we reserve the right to scale back.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ShellGame posted:

it's a self-imposed challenge and so far we're succeeding. we figure some weeks will be a short instead of a full episode but our aim is to release something each week. if it gets to be too much we reserve the right to scale back.

Anybody who gets mad at you for giving them free poo poo every two weeks instead of weekly can tongue punch a fart box.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is tongue punch a fart box a reference to a past Extra Credit episode? The phrase has that vibe to it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RandomPauI posted:

Is tongue punch a fart box a reference to a past Extra Credit episode? The phrase has that vibe to it.

I’ve heard that all over the internet.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
it means eat rear end, OP

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I get that it means eat rear end, but I hadn't heard it before. And it read like a line from a past episode. Like, say, the Lavender Scissors episode of the F plus.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Ironic Twist posted:

this owns

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

RandomPauI posted:

I get that it means eat rear end, but I hadn't heard it before. And it read like a line from a past episode. Like, say, the Lavender Scissors episode of the F plus.

I've definitely heard it on channels like Bro Science a long time ago. The oldest entry for the phrase on Urban Dictionary is from 2014. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in a doc somewhere, as it just kinda got passed around the internet over the last decade.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
It was in the 2012 Seth MacFarlane movie Ted too

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Beach Too Sandy, Water Too Wet podcast read complaints about museums today. It also ended with something special. It ended with the saga of a man whose love life was intricately tied to cleaning products. Please give it a listen!

https://art19.com/shows/beach-too-sandy-water-too-wet/episodes/dc61d901-c5ed-4c46-9f8a-9e533da19b1b

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
What if Japan were mostly Japan but weren't ever actually involved in the world stage in any negative way and also they were shaped both culturally and physically by Hatsune Miku?
or to put it more plainly

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

The resemblance is barely there, but this makes me think of Ulthuan from Warhammer Fantasy. Can't wait to hear about how it's something so much worse.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I wouldn't put it past this person to decide that because only cute anime girls should be holograms, then they just decide that Tupac doesn't get killed in that reality, so that way they never make a hologram of him.

(but also he doesn't make any more songs after 1997)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SWEATER

FETISH

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
That hatsunia ep was a trip

I listened to the other hatsunia adjacent episode not long ago and it was great to have closure on the bizarreness

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Midjack posted:

SWEATER

FETISH

SWETISH

FEATER

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
FETID

SEWAGE

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I keep thinking about the guy that just leaves his boner on Shuffle. What a bizarre amount of setup just to cum, though other episodes have shown that maybe that is the part they find hot instead.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
There was a moment in there someone said "I look like such a nerd in my sweater" and I thought, "oh my god, we're about to get another clue towards the nerd thigh strangler"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Late on this but let me just say the bit about the Intern trying to pitch a box of curated slimes in the aesthetics episode was really funny.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Late on this but let me just say the bit about the Intern trying to pitch a box of curated slimes in the aesthetics episode was really funny.

cracked up just thinking about it now lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

watho posted:

cracked up just thinking about it now lol

"So you're selling a box of poison?"

"nO!!"

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I have to admit that I don't think I initially "got" the humor she was throwing out until the slime box bit. Then it clicked and I loved it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

It was really good

DemonTrigger posted:

I keep thinking about the guy that just leaves his boner on Shuffle. What a bizarre amount of setup just to cum, though other episodes have shown that maybe that is the part they find hot instead.

that was incredibly weird but yeah, it seems like creating the elaborate setup gets him off more than jerking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

I meant to post about that too. Like no one was getting it, and you can tell she just wanted her riff to land, so she doubled down on it, and her comical frustration at lemon had me cry-laughing