Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

Lumbermouth posted:

I think it was just audio problems, according to the chat.

Specifically, in case this is interesting info: The server hosting the stream disconnected from the discord channel. Shell had to call and wake me up so I could fix it.

I ran the stream from a google cloud vm this year because I discovered I had $400 in credits for some reason. Other than that and the stream audio not working when we first went live it turned out great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure this was already answered, but why do docs get rerecorded?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

My question is: why do some docs get deleted? is it a google terms of service thing, or a time expiration or something?

It's a bit disappointing when I try to go through the doc with the ridiculists but click and alas, file deleted.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

RandomPauI posted:

I'm sure this was already answered, but why do docs get rerecorded?

Episodes get removed for one of two reasons: Their low quality actively deterred people from listening.

or

We're deleting a sex pest from our history.

I'm not comfortable elaborating further but just know we have very good reasons for removing them. The result is we have whole documents of content no longer recorded anywhere, so we re-record them.

Nyoro posted:

My question is: why do some docs get deleted? is it a google terms of service thing, or a time expiration or something?

It's a bit disappointing when I try to go through the doc with the ridiculists but click and alas, file deleted.

The document submitter likely deletes it themselves, I would assume because they either moved away from the community or because it's been so long they forgot and tossed it while cleaning some stuff up.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Google can also be pretty brutal with deleting stuff randomly if you go over your storage limit.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Oh hey and I just wanted to say that I read the thread and do keep things said here in mind. I am in the process of moving and was just moved in with so a lot is on my plate but I typically try to space out angry episodes. Apologies if they've been too constant, I just have been more focused on making sure we're still releasing stuff. We do them because we like to do them though. It's cathartic. We do the podcast for us first, and then I try my best to arrange it so that whatever that means is still largely enjoyable to listeners. So thanks for the feedback. :)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think there's benefit in doing even the angry episodes, as at the very least it makes people like me aware that there's some really lovely people out there that are terrible in ways that most people would otherwise never think about.

I've only started recently listening to Extra Credit, and I really like it as an F-Plus alternative. I like that you're not afraid to play with the base formula of these podcasts (I especially liked the forum Murder Mystery of some random PBS show robot erotica, and also enjoyed that one hosed-up maid RPG that Julia basically gave up on halfway through due to how dumb it was) and also either cover stuff the F-Plus doesn't touch or dig deeper into the stuff they did.

Basically saying to keep up the good work!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, the "who killed this PBS cartoon fan forum?!" is one of my all-time favorites. NOBODY OUT-FUCKS THE HACKER! still pops into my head occasionally, followed by my remembering what the Hacker actually looks like, because holy poo poo.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was surprised to learn that the Cyberchase forums died before the show did. It was such a font of literature!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I love angry episodes.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Improbable Lobster posted:

I love angry episodes.

It is always cold in chilis

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

RantRampage too

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

fit em all up in there posted:

It is always cold in chilis

that wasn't angry though

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
One of my favorite angry outbursts was Lemon during the Star Wars episode.

"The drink was safe for humans to consume, and an altered version of the beverage CALLED DIET COKE WAS AVAILABLE, gently caress THIS!"

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The readers have a lot of fun laughing at and getting exasperated by the content in 129: You May Now Fistbump the Spouse. It's a quite entertaining mix!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zero_Grade posted:

The readers have a lot of fun laughing at and getting exasperated by the content in 129: You May Now Fistbump the Spouse. It's a quite entertaining mix!

Both Offbeat Bride episodes are equal parts funny, embarassing-by-proxy and infuriating, yeah.

Same with the not always right "everyone at the gamestop stood up and applauded and I got voted employee of the month right then and there!" ep. In fact I like to imagine it's the same exact people, because I mean it probably is.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It's probably a bad idea but I kinda wanna see another AITA episode.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Kitfox88 posted:

It's probably a bad idea but I kinda wanna see another AITA episode.

same

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The bit at the beginning where Boots goes "I've seen a bit of this subreddit before, and: yes." and then lemon goes "ssspoilers!!" always makes me giggle :shobon:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Extra credit is so much of a "more hits than misses" for me that I just downloaded all the episodes to my phone and when one is a dud I just delete it. It's one of the few podcasts I subscribe to that gets this treatment. Thank god for a big SD card.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The fanon/creepypasta wiki episodes are always a good time. I especially like Paw Patrol creepypasta wiki episode.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Smurfs Fanon Wiki forever

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
"I don't get it, Tapper," Brainy said. "Why doesn't He smurf down from the cross to prove that He is the Son of God?"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Banned for disrespecting Jesus on the wiki

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
The Mr. Banana story is great because of Lesbiathan being exasperated at the author not knowing how teaching works.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Still catching up with all the Garbage Day videos, and finally got to the Bunnybread Rapstravaganza.

First: "We call it Peruvian Hot Dish" might be the best joke of the night so far. Second, I'm deeply sad that I missed the chance to grab that NFT by Portaxx.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Still catching up with all the Garbage Day videos, and finally got to the Bunnybread Rapstravaganza.

First: "We call it Peruvian Hot Dish" might be the best joke of the night so far. Second, I'm deeply sad that I missed the chance to grab that NFT by Portaxx.

That NFT actually put me slightly over the total I had wanted to donate but hot drat how could I not.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Wait, where are the videos? I need something to chew on while I write.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Post poste posted:

Wait, where are the videos? I need something to chew on while I write.

They're up on the Twitch channel.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
this is a super random cut but does anyone remember which Extra Credit (I think) had one of them intro a post with "I'M BIG MEAN LADY" and multiple people just tripping over themselves to do the 'yea but what post are you reading?' joke? For some reason that popped into my head and made me laugh but I completely forgot what anything else around it was.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
A new episode of Extra Credit in which we spend about 2 hours reading about Bionicle (short for Biological Chronicle.)

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
oh gently caress yes bionicle lore doc!!!!!!!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wait, sexy Bionicles? A Maiori language controversy? This cold open is something I couldn't have imagined.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm only 20 minutes into the episode, because I started it late at night and realized I wasn't awake enough for all the jargon, but "I'm here for sexy BIONICLES, not sexy BIONICLE FANART" is an instant classic

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
I'll literally never forget the small LEGO community I was in getting completely destroyed by Bioncle Drama that stemmed from someone wanting to gently caress the Bioncles and not being able to shut up about it.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I have to agree with the "What did we learn?" segment, that because this is hilariously dense jargon for a robot Lego toy series, I just immediately let all of it wash over me. I am confident that I won't end up in a Biological Chronicle Trivia Night at any point.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Shame Boy posted:

Same with the not always right "everyone at the gamestop stood up and applauded and I got voted employee of the month right then and there!" ep. In fact I like to imagine it's the same exact people, because I mean it probably is.
I am pretty sure that is the very first FPlus episode I heard, so I guess it's a good hook.

Dumpmaster General posted:

I'll literally never forget the small LEGO community I was in getting completely destroyed by Bioncle Drama that stemmed from someone wanting to gently caress the Bioncles and not being able to shut up about it.
:stare:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Not Always Gamestop is a classic. I know that's not the episodes actual title, but it might as well be.

Really, NotAlwaysRight is a perfect subject for the podcast in the same way Wikihow or the unfathomable plethora of Q&A sites are. Seems a bit weird that it's only really been done twice I can think of (Not Always On Topic being the other one) once you realise that.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Lotus Aura posted:

Not Always Gamestop is a classic. I know that's not the episodes actual title, but it might as well be.

Really, NotAlwaysRight is a perfect subject for the podcast in the same way Wikihow or the unfathomable plethora of Q&A sites are. Seems a bit weird that it's only really been done twice I can think of (Not Always On Topic being the other one) once you realise that.

I think the major problem is that it's a little same-y, there's like three genres of post there (stupid customer, aggressive customer, judgmental customer) and once you've covered the exemplars of each type it's hard to skim a lot of nearly-identical mediocre anecdotes to find something really worth spotlighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
Yea as fun as it is to mock they really only have “customer was a cartoon villain and I owned them with epic Loki snark”, “my coworkers are all so dumb and I’m glad nobody at work wants to socialize with me actually” or “look how progressive I am”. Fun to laugh at but a shallow pool.