Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"Birthday Cake Boobsmash"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

You know, it'd just be best for society for the site to lose all relevance. Maybe a totally clueless owner who none of the employees wanted in charge is a way for that to happen.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
This Extra Credit suddenly appeared as if it's been there the whole time.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Oh dear. I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling irrationally angry at Reddit after this episode.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

Oh dear. I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling irrationally angry at Reddit after this episode.

Same, I can get to different points of the episode before my "ha ha" turns into anger, but at some point things just boil over from "these people are being silly" to just, rage.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

alien living in my tummy?

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
We relitigate ponies at Extra Credit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know who ran afoul of you, but it must have been serious if they were reported to the Director of National Intelligence!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

freemandela posted:

alien living in my tummy?

try soaking your junk in turn signal fluid!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The good news for me is I downloaded all the episodes a while back and have no idea about what happened to cause some of the episodes to be scrubbed. The bad news for you is I won't be sharing them because filez are illegal!

Serious comment, I've noticed an overlap between people going online to embark on spiritual quests and people going online to invoke/become their favorite fictional characters. I'm inclined to ask a related podcast for input. I'll let the thread know if anything becomes of it.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

RandomPauI posted:

I don't know who ran afoul of you, but it must have been serious if they were reported to the Director of National Intelligence!

It's not necessarily me, though it's not necessarily not me. It's complicated.

All I'll add is that people shouldn't be suspect of everyone who used to be on the show. Most of them just moved on, dropped off, or what have you.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ShellGame posted:

All I'll add is that people shouldn't be suspect of everyone who used to be on the show. Most of them just moved on, dropped off, or what have you.

Well hell, I wish I’d read this post before I created an elaborate push-pin board filled with old episode guests, archive.org screencaps of thefmi.us, and about a mile of red yarn…

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll have to listen to the new Pony episode another time or two to see if it resonates. I get confused at different points and I'm not sure if it's a me problem or an original-poster problem.

On a different note, conspiracy theory content would make for great episodes if the stakes weren't so high. Oh well, at least we have the vintage conspiracy theories episode...

Wait a second, I solved the mystery. Two different Shell Games swapped time loaves and this one is trying to erase all evidence of our universe's old Shell Game. That's also why the podcast hasn't covered The Mandela Effect and Retconned. No more need for any more conjecture, your secret is safe with us!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

RandomPauI posted:

I'll have to listen to the new Pony episode another time or two to see if it resonates. I get confused at different points and I'm not sure if it's a me problem or an original-poster problem.

On a different note, conspiracy theory content would make for great episodes if the stakes weren't so high. Oh well, at least we have the vintage conspiracy theories episode...

Wait a second, I solved the mystery. Two different Shell Games swapped time loaves and this one is trying to erase all evidence of our universe's old Shell Game. That's also why the podcast hasn't covered The Mandela Effect and Retconned. No more need for any more conjecture, your secret is safe with us!

I needed an extra loaf to make a sandwich, and I didn't want to use an end piece, sorry

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The healsluts episode is pretty good because the content is solid F+ material, but the real payoff comes at the end of the ep. Lemon discovers that the amusingly named buttplug.io, a repository for code to control intimate objects, is incredibly extensive and even better, the code is apparently extremely well done. He's astonished at this and keeps finding new surprises about it at random over the last 15 or so minutes.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Zero_Grade posted:

buttplug.io

Thinking back on that episode makes me Kind of sad I won't get to hear lemon's reaction to finding out Ultrakill has an official buttplug feedback mechanism now.

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Nyaawn posted:

try soaking your junk in turn signal fluid!

lol finding out that lemon never owned a car makes the hobo episode much more interesting

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Does anyone remember the name of that weird research chemical the drugs sub forum discovered that caused a ton of chaos? You had to pick out particles with the tip of a toothpick and if you got too many you'd wake up a day later having terrorized your family and run through the plate glass door. Was thinking it might be a funny doc if it's not already submitted.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Elea posted:

Does anyone remember the name of that weird research chemical the drugs sub forum discovered that caused a ton of chaos? You had to pick out particles with the tip of a toothpick and if you got too many you'd wake up a day later having terrorized your family and run through the plate glass door. Was thinking it might be a funny doc if it's not already submitted.

Search for TCC Joos

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Pretty sure it was jenkem

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Pretty sure it was jenkem

They can't all be jenkem

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Elea posted:

Phenazepam, aka joose.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit reads Goodreads to determine what may or may not be good to read.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I owe the Holmes story an apology. I thought the author said the characters of Holmes and Watson existed for centuries. He meant that he wrote stories about the two getting to second base set around the world and throughout time.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

After that episode, I think we should stop asking if video games can be art, and ask if books can even be art.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Elea posted:

http://loureads.com/2013/10/09/lou-reads-tales-of-phenazepam-drug-trip-nightmares/

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Awesome. Great stuff

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Shell: Don't worry it's not monster loving, it's just hot people with minor superficial things that supposedly make them a monster

*10 minutes pass*

So this woman gets railed by a skull-faced man with a tentacle penis

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Shell: Don't worry it's not monster loving, it's just hot people with minor superficial things that supposedly make them a monster

*10 minutes pass*

So this woman gets railed by a skull-faced man with a tentacle penis

As a long-time fanfic craphound, I can assure you that the "monsterfucking" description is a total toss-up as to whether it's going to be about a hot person with superficially non-human features or about an actual nightmare cryptid, and the only reliable indicator is whether or not the author is bragging about how freaky and gross it is, because the braggers always write "hot elf with claws" and the completely blase people always write "gelatinous undead Mothman with ten hateful dicks"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Antivehicular posted:

As a long-time fanfic craphound, I can assure you that the "monsterfucking" description is a total toss-up as to whether it's going to be about a hot person with superficially non-human features or about an actual nightmare cryptid, and the only reliable indicator is whether or not the author is bragging about how freaky and gross it is, because the braggers always write "hot elf with claws" and the completely blase people always write "gelatinous undead Mothman with ten hateful dicks"

That's pretty funny and also makes perfect sense somehow.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This episode did my prostate a mischief

Lumbermouth fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 19, 2022

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Related to the first F Plus that dropped today, I fall asleep listening to FPlus and Extra Credit all the time! I'm not sure who'll appear in my dreams first, Lemon or Shellgame. But I imagine they'll be a floating lemon or a floating shell and they'll be spouting cabbage patch kid's erotica conspiracy theories while I'm trying to keep a subway car from crashing into the ocean.

I'd imagine that erotic cabbage patch kid's conspiracy theories would count as a form of mental pollution though, which would make it relevant to the second episode that dropped!

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 20, 2022

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

Related to the first F Plus that dropped today, I fall asleep listening to FPlus and Extra Credit all the time! I'm not sure who'll appear in my dreams first, Lemon or Shellgame. But I imagine they'll be a floating lemon or a floating shell and they'll be spouting cabbage patch kid's erotica conspiracy theories while I'm trying to keep a subway car from crashing into the ocean.

I'd imagine that erotic cabbage patch kid's conspiracy theories would count as a form of mental pollution though, which would make it relevant to the second episode that dropped!

I take naps to episodes and once woke up to Kumquat screaming at me to get out of bed because I was under psychic attack. That was a fun wake up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MarxCarl posted:

I take naps to episodes and once woke up to Kumquat screaming at me to get out of bed because I was under psychic attack. That was a fun wake up.

I set that as my wakeup alarm on my phone.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

My favorite digimon is Jesusmon

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MarxCarl posted:

Which episode was that?

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

This show is an extremely chaotic choice for nap listening :psyduck:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

MarxCarl posted:

weed + podcasts is an excellent mix, with the only real risk being falling asleep to car loving

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

flesh dance posted:

This show is an extremely chaotic choice for nap listening :psyduck:

coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Which episode was that?

Pre-August 26, 2017 at least.