Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It was rough to listen to at times because these dudes 100% legit hate women and there's no 'oh gross that's how he gets off'

Some of that stuff is totally stuff MRA types would get off to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
Episode 104 is out. After reading the blurb I have no idea what its about, but at least it isn't MRAs. :toot:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mimetic posted:

Episode 104 is out. After reading the blurb I have no idea what its about, but at least it isn't MRAs. :toot:

I haven't listened to it either, but from what I gather... you know how people from the ki episode way back decided that Dragon Ball Z was an accurate depiction of life?

I think these guys are that with Quantum Leap and/or Bioshock Infinite.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Mimetic posted:

I've listened to it and I have no idea what it's about, but it's still great.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
The meditation thing is pretty much a guess assembled from the way the testimonials describe the process (though even the testimonials seem to skirt the mechanics of it suspiciously well).

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

From what I can gather it's like meditating, then you imagine a different self who's able to help you with your whatever stuff, which I find immensely less interesting than the system they were coming up with where you go into the universe where you've got an amazing girlfriend and steal her.

(My favorite part of this one was the 'my doppelganger told me to take a dirigible ride to the bahamas and that's not even possible' line.)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yeah, it sounds like some kind of mixed up cross of lucid dreaming and meditation.

But gently caress Burt, he didn't even say whether I can take my hologram computer buddy with me to these other universes.

e: Oh man a couple of the Google results for Quantum JumpingTM are great. From Dreamviews.com: "what is quantum jumping? is it a load of poo poo?" Also there are YouTube videos about it!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I quantum jumped to meet my alternate self, but he was also a piece of poo poo, how many jumps until I find one of me that can tell me how to make a decent loving poached egg already?!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Can anyone recommend me some good episodes that aren't too NWS? I need to be able to listen without headphones so I can still hear other stuff, and that means bugs on dicks are out. I've got the food episodes, the quantum jumping episode and the one with the hypnosis and cystals.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

Can anyone recommend me some good episodes that aren't too NWS? I need to be able to listen without headphones so I can still hear other stuff, and that means bugs on dicks are out. I've got the food episodes, the quantum jumping episode and the one with the hypnosis and cystals.
The answer is always cling-film!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Cling-film is awesome. Some other safe favourites of mine include No. 41 (Lemon Types In A Title For This Episode - hilariously inept screenplays), No. 43 (Hans van Hozel, German wonderchild), 56 (How to find, acquire and appreciate water that's more expensive than fine wine), 79 (eHelp, or How to Make Yahoo Answers Even Stupider), 73 and 75 (Dream analysis and conspiracy theories / whacko scientific discoveries, respectively) or recent 101 (Monkeys are a good substitute for kids, right?).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also Angry Angry Hippos is good and SFW.

If you wanna go into deep cuts their video games episode (Press X to die or something?) is good, as is their Conservapedia and By Demons Be Driven (Insane) one.

I think Gangstalking is SFW too, unless you work with Gangstalkers, then they'll piss on your toilet lid!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
One of my favourites is the old one where they read out Transformers fan fiction. Episode 9, I think? Also episodes 55 and 99, both great if you like severely bonkers yet work-safe fanfiction.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think my favorite part of this episode is when I reached the conclusion that it's basically the plot of Jet Li's the one at same time as the hosts.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

MooCowlian posted:

WikiHow episodes and food episodes.

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Chwoka posted:

I'm sorry but the WikiHow episode has the most amazing Courtesy Pee segment. Such a naked display of a fetish but so, so loving funny.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Chwoka posted:

Seconding food episodes. It's how I introduced my parents to the podcast, when we were on a trip and needed something to listen to on a long car ride.

"It's like...like a radio show, but they do it over the internet. And they read bad things. Like funny bad things. Like terrible recipes."

I'll look through and find the ones I think are fairly worksafe but I can't be sure that they don't veer off on tangents.

4: You've Got A Friend (internet support group)
6: Too Much Paranoias (gang stalking/true forced loneliness)
9: Transformers Radio Variety Hour (bad Transformers fanfiction)
13: Faster Pussycat, Ki! Ki! (Dragonball Z is real)
15: An Otherworldly Experience (Digimon are real)
18: Cut My Life Into Pieces, This Is My Last Resort (whiny teenagers)
19: So Far I Have Not Found The Science (Mythbusters forum and furry webcomic) note: might have weirdly sexual stuff about Kari
20: Idyll Hands And The Devi's Workshop (bad poetry)
23: Mexican (Woah Oh) Radio (racism) note: racism may not be work safe depending on workplace
The Lost Episode: The Christmas Offensive (war on Christmas)
27: Sub Sub Pop (bad unsigned bands)
29: The Netflix Revue (movie reviews from Netflix)
32: Excessive, Overwraught, and Annoying (Pitchfork music reviews)
43: My Fanfics Are Full of Emotion (super bad fanfics)
59: Planet Moneygrubber (kickstarter)
64: Ignorance of the Law is My Excuse (is x legal?)
65: God Bless You, Water Woman (dolphins and bigfoot)
75: If I Could Turn Back Time, I'd Still Cut You In Half (stoner science conspiracy theories)
83: Just The 160,000 Of Us (tumblr multiples/headmates) note: has one section about non-real quasi-rape
94: I'm Really More Of An Idea Guy (dumb inventions)
96: HOCUS BOGUS! (magic spells)
??: A San Francisco Podcast (raw food)

Djeser fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 7, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I introduced my friend to the podcast with the terrible music reviews, which were really great episodes. The covered something really entertainingly bad that I never really thought of before, because I was never really much into music. I'd also tentatively add the Troper Tales episode to the 'SFW episodes' list, although I don't think that level of second-hand embarrassment should be inflicted on the unprepared.

And on the subject of introducing F Plus content to others, I actually used it in a university assignment, critiquing the Gamer's Hip Clip proposal from a technical writing standpoint and comparing it to an actually good Kickstarter (the Manos remastering).

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Troper Tales is a great episode, but there is the section where they talk about what Tropers have named their genitals.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Thanks for all the recommendations! There are so many great episodes I'd totally forgotten about.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Djeser posted:

4: You've Got A Friend (internet support group)

Great episode, but it starts with a discussion about oral sex.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Did you guys see Pokémon Ok! yet? It's apparently done by the F Plusers, and if you even remotely like pokemon, you have to check it out. I kinda wish it was a regular feature, but as long as I am wishing, Irregular should have a hundred episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj5eqYLWtv8

Stay for Spinda.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Just went up today, the new episode: Episode 105: The Only Thing I Know Is That I Am An Expert In Everything. Haven't listened to it yet, but it's about a site where people offer expert consulting advice for as low as $1.99 for fields such as 'sex toy expert'!

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Just over 3 minutes in, this exchange happens:

quote:

"I've also learned that there is much to learn from Youtube comments."
"Good GOD"
I can already tell this episode will be amazing. :allears:

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
I think it's very telling that all of these people who've turned to LivePerson as a potential income stream have "qualifications" that obviously can't land them a real job. They are literally trying to make money through talking out of their rear end, and getting someone to believe their pitch is like passing the entrance exam.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Are you implying that "license: 20 years" isn't going to have people knocking down your door with job offers?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I don't know, selling bad advice to idiots sounds like a neat way to fund my ice cream habit.

Klavarskribo
Feb 18, 2011
As much as I enjoyed the episode, I'm slightly disappointed Adam Wanderer didn't make the cut. I quote.

quote:

Ideation Genius - Your Personal Think Tank

My Expert Service

Brilliant divergent thinker, and researcher. Can provide you with original research, product ideas, and solutions to almost any problem requiring creative thought. Having trouble coming up with a product name, or tag line? I can give you an extensive list of smart options, quickly and efficiently. Trying to figure out different ways of monetizing products, services, of expertise? I can give you answers.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

It's been deleted now but for a short while Onideus, the web developer/adult baby fetish guy from the 100th episode exskaviganska, was posting in the comments on Episode 100, gloating about how he was the admin of Encyclopedia Dramatica and how much higher ED's ranking was than The F Plus.

He also seemed a bit confused by the idea of a podcast.

While the comments are now gone, he also bragged about a book which he was writing, and all the research he had done for it.

Have a look at the topics he had in mind:

My favorites are: 'Technology - Internet - Crushing Noob Website Dreams', 'Society - Racism - Poverty, Not Skin Color', everything under 'Religions - Christians', that 'Personal - Work' is comprised of Wal-Mart and a video store, 'Animals - Anthropomorphism' and 'Technology - Internet - Reality Manipulation Art & Troll Conspiracies'.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I would like more Adam Bozarth please.

The "Tolkein like birds" thing made me laugh until I was dizzy.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Djeser posted:

I'll look through and find the ones I think are fairly worksafe but I can't be sure that they don't veer off on tangents.
Add "Even Nonsense" - Amy Lee (no not that one but maybe but no but who fuckin' knows) - to that list, I'd say.

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus

Djeser posted:

It's been deleted now but for a short while Onideus, the web developer/adult baby fetish guy from the 100th episode exskaviganska, was posting in the comments on Episode 100, gloating about how he was the admin of Encyclopedia Dramatica and how much higher ED's ranking was than The F Plus.

He also seemed a bit confused by the idea of a podcast.

While the comments are now gone, he also bragged about a book which he was writing, and all the research he had done for it.

Have a look at the topics he had in mind:

My favorites are: 'Technology - Internet - Crushing Noob Website Dreams', 'Society - Racism - Poverty, Not Skin Color', everything under 'Religions - Christians', that 'Personal - Work' is comprised of Wal-Mart and a video store, 'Animals - Anthropomorphism' and 'Technology - Internet - Reality Manipulation Art & Troll Conspiracies'.

"Media - Anime - Raped Anime"

Uh huh. "Research". Sure.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Amish of the Internet amuses me way more than I'd like to admit.

Loeb CL
Nov 18, 2011

BKPR posted:

I second this. Also, get King Lou back for another episode.

And I will buy Onideus' book, for sure. I need to know what he thinks about Ron Paul and eating pedophiles.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

Loeb CL posted:

And I will buy Onideus' book, for sure. I need to know what he thinks about Ron Paul and eating pedophiles.

Consider, though, how this course of action involves giving him money. His opinion is whichever gets him the most negative attention, I can tell you that for sure.

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?

BKPR posted:

I'm glad somebody has said this sentence.

Recorded one on Friday that I thought went really well.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Holy crap, run don't walk towards Episode 106 about Lokiwives.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

That was the one document description in the queue I was most interested in. So stoked.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bean posted:

Lokiwives.
Well there's a word. This is more of the Sherlock sadsacks, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I'm not yet fifteen minutes in, but Mike Tyson's ghost and Ulililia listening to Richard Marx have been amazing already.