Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Olive! posted:

Which episode is it where Bozarth and... Bunnybread maybe? Pretend to be a couple and Bozarth keeps yelling to 'get it out of here' or something along those lines?

It Is Always Cold In Chili's. My favorite episode - it has so many good bits in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

2house2fly posted:

I was glad when everyone fell apart laughing at the one guy's fantasy of "taking the place" of his friends sex doll, because I also fell apart laughing

That bit and the one where the guy talked about using the handicap stall for his jerk off sessions at work were incredible.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Man I thought this was just going to be about a dumb site but then it became bonkers in a way I never could have predicated.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
That was certainly...an experience.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I loved the one they did on that one food blogger where they just read the giant preambles she wrote before each recipe instead of the recipes themselves.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Patrick82 (#138)

I didn't remember this, checked it, saw it was an episode about audiophiles that didn't interest me the first time I saw it, listened to it and

uh

wow Patrick82 is an interesting person.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ShellGame posted:

Extra Credit talks about online experiences with Tabletop gaming! Sexism, ponies, overly wrought settings! The works! Nutshell is there too. :D

As someone into PnP games this was pretty great.

Also RPGnet just recently banned support for Trump and his administration which made the chuds real mad.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Oh my god this is going to be incredible.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

change my name posted:

Which episode is the one where a guy complains because he bribed a beauty contest judge so that his wife would win, but she ended up losing? I might have dreamed this since I can’t find it again.

It was one of those sites where people complain about companies, but I don't remember which exact one. I wonder if it was the same one where someone posted a complaint about a local drug dealer.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

SalTheBard posted:

Just discovered this podcast today. Listened to Cuddle Party and am now listening to SWORDS. I have some catching up to do!

EDIT: Are there any "must listen" episodes?

Someone already linked the "It's Always Cold in Chili's" episode, so the other two episodes that are among my favorites are The IMDB episode and Self Publish And Perish, which is the books of a self-publishing site that are for sale.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ParserGirl posted:

Someone in the last few pages mentioned an Extra Credit episode about security guards acting like they were cops, but I haven’t been able to find it. Does that sound familiar?

https://thefmin.us/this-well-pretend/

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Djeser posted:

I watched all of Garbage Day and my absolute favorite part was Adremalech. Runner up to Brett Nortje, the man who is a one-person Dahir Insaat.

I debated if I should stay up for Adremalech and I do not regret deciding to watch it before going to bed.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Djeser posted:

Which episode had "peepee and balls" in the middle of some ostensibly erotic writing?

The one about the Supernatural fanfics (along with fanfic of the actual actors).

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ambious posted:

I would gladly listen to an entire podcast that's just STOG vamping.

It's not an entire podcast of just STOG, but have you listened to Lesbiathan's Unknown Army games? STOG plays a politician named Brobert Malley who's really into centrism and also has magickal powers that hinge on being a demagogue who can never admit he's wrong, so he does incredibly stupid things and then doubles down on it. Frank West is also in it as a guy who uses video game magick. Super Charge Me is the first part, and Into the Cards is the second part of the same campaign that's still ongoing.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ShellGame posted:

Lesbiathan runs such fun games! Hope you like em! (Hope you like the ones I'm in too. >w>)

Just wanted to say that Pigsmoke game was loving incredible. Pigsmoke is one of those games I want to play but the only one I was in died an early death.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
"English is not my primal language" was an incredible line.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ShellGame posted:

Hey everyone, do you remember this doc? Extra Credit's first of two "gently used" episodes is out!

God the first person quoted was incredible and the episode kept delivering.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I don't know what's funnier, the stories or the user drama.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Never listened to Extra Credit before, that was good! What are some good episodes to check out to get started?

Some that I like:

You're Not Yelping
Text Of Kin
Once A Week I Pretend To Be A Worse Version Of Myself
Caution: These Fanworks Are A Little Blue
Smurfing ’till We’re Blue in the Face

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

bio347 posted:

I'm a bit of a sucker for the Conservapedia episode, but that's at least partially because Conservapedia is one of my favourite baffling internet things.

I'M BEING A CONSERVATIVE AND WATCHING ANIME!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Yeah I went to the site to copy paste some of these to show my friend and I saw some of them were gone :(

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ParserGirl posted:

Lots of awesome content from F Plus and Extra Credit lately, but where should I go to talk about the rad uploads from Pen & Paper Bullshit? They make my commute a breeze. Heavinator's puzzle dungeon was wholesome and so fun.

I'm catching up on the Urban Shadows game, and Lesbiathan taking a moment to google "How open carry is Ohio?" followed by googling "Is Olive Garden a Class D liquor establishment?" was incredible.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

THE LESBIATHAN posted:

I love to share my beautiful culture with everyone, ope.

Still in love with Bowflex manor and how important it has become to me, as a native Ohioan.

Your game really makes me want to run an Ohio Urban Shadows game, but in Columbus. Lots of interesting things there that might make for an interesting story of a bunch of powerful people trying to get control of a rapidly growing city.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Lumbermouth posted:

God the whole post-apocalyptic library scenario in the new Extra Credit is INFURIATING.

You might not like it, but you'll need to be prepared for when the world has ended and you constantly have to deal with drunk hoodlums bringing their trucks into libraries and then getting turned into ash by mystic INFPs.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ParserGirl posted:

I wasn't sure I would be interested in the premise, but after listening to the Spire character creation I am all in. Such a great cast of characters.

Oh poo poo, they're playing Spire? I can't wait to hear what they come up with.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I listened to it on the website, but I can't get this episode to show up in my podcast listening program when I update the Extra Credit podcast. Is it something on your end or should I keep checking around to see if it's on my end?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

MarxCarl posted:

In Overcast, I had to delete my subscription and then re subscribe via RSS feed to get it to show up.

I tried this and it worked, looks like it was on my end.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

God, this was incredible and also agonizing to listen to.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

As someone who put way too many hours in Dungeons of Dredmor, I had a laugh at Dijon's reference.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ShellGame posted:

Extra Credit has hit 100 episodes.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Congrats on 100 episodes! It's been a real delight to listen to you guys as well as the F Plus, and even the rougher earlier episodes have some incredible bits (Your reading of that gigantic review someone left of a pencil sharpener is still one of my favorite readings).

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

change my name posted:

Holy poo poo that CFNM story

I laughed so much I got hiccups, that was loving incredible.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Midjack posted:

What would you consider the standout episodes of your show? I listened to the first couple dozen when the show began, but nothing beyond that.

Some episodes I like that haven't been mentioned:

https://thefmin.us/the-stars-hate-you-too/ (Astrology forum full of weirdos)

https://thefmin.us/some-kind-of-podcast-shape/ (Reddit's Anprim subreddit)

https://thefmin.us/amber-is-the-color-of-your-energy-drink/ (Reddit's energy drink subreddit)

https://thefmin.us/curse-of-the-mummys-tube/ (Kinky sex forum)

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

change my name posted:

I can’t believe I have to point out that the Buffy robot is canon

Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking that when they were talking about it.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
The War Theme Park "short" was pretty good, that dude put way too much thought into something that would absolutely suck as a place to go and have fun with friends and family.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
The extra credit folks took over for a few hours and now looks like it's going to end with the original case? I'm kinda barley not careashing, but it's been incredible fun and I'm happy to have been able to donate for the first time. If you still up, check it out!!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
That woman's fiancee cheating on her with her two friends, one after the other was probably the most incredibly part of this episode. drat dude.

In F Plus news, the videos for this years Garbage Gay are now up on Youtube. Can't wait to catch up on what I missed!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Midjack posted:

Gonna audio rip those and lol at the autocorrect.

That wasn't even an autocorrect, I guess I have gay on the brain right now :v:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

God drat I didn't expect a bunch of legal trouble to be the first thing out of this reading.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ShellGame posted:

I know what's up with that! After getting some repeated feedback and discussing it with the cast, we decided that we should remove our first 37 or so episodes because their quality is both beneath the standards we now hold ourselves to and has also apparently driven people away! Since we'd rather people listen to our podcast and NOT feel a strong compulsion to stop listening, we chose to just make them unavailable. We're actually working on a project to rerecord some of the old documents so we can retain the content, though that'll ofc take time. We're also gonna be doing a little more additional trimming for a number of reasons, but we're largely where we want to be.

I hope you keep the pencil sharpener part of the Amazon review episode at least. I also liked one of the early ones where the listeners read the descriptions of weird Halloween attractions in Ohio because I always heard their ads on the radio around that time of year and it was a trip to listen to people on the internet finding about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

LanceHunter posted:

I’m really confused by the latest Extra Credit short. I can’t tell if this was someone lying for clout or what. On the one hand, those student comments were spot-on for what you see in graded online class discussions. On the other hand, I would think a professor would be smart enough to not repost students’ work to Reddit.

They didn't give names or any identification, which might make them think it's okay. I don't know if it actually is though.